View Full Version : THE WORST VACATION

Pike
03-23-2013, 09:11 PM
So far on my vacation I have:

Fallen down the stairs
Flown into Belfast during the worst snowstorm in years
Lost power
Been housebound during the worst snowstorm in years

Huxley and I have been occupying ourselves with freaking crossword puzzles.

Tell us about your vacations gone wrong!

the_best_noob
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Bet it was restful and relaxing

Sephex
03-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Had the runs while at the Grand Canyon. Cleared the bathroom there. Probably could have filled up the whole canyon.

Jinx
03-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Had the runs while at the Grand Canyon. Cleared the bathroom there. Probably could have filled up the whole canyon.

I just...

Basically every vacation I take is to visit family, sooooo. Yeah. They are all the worst.

Chemical
03-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I once was in a fist fight with a family member on Christmas eve in Mexico (thanks tequila) but we laughed about it the next day... that may be the worst moment, but I can't really think of a vacation I have taken as being bad. They were all, especially Mexico, a lot of fun.

Sephex
03-23-2013, 09:43 PM

I just...

Basically every vacation I take is to visit family, sooooo. Yeah. They are all the worst.

Well, I was young when this happened, so I was with my family. So I guess my story is WORSE now! However, I don't mind traveling with my family. I actually was sick throughout most of the trip. Basically a family road trip turned into a running gag of how many states I would throw up in.

On the way back to Illinois we were driving through Missouri. Then my mom said, "Missouri loves company."

Araciel
03-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Got called into work.

Bunny
03-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Fallen down the stairs
Lost power

This is the goddamn definition of doing it wrong.

Haven't had a terrible vacation yet.

Haven't had many vacations.

Mikztsu
03-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Nothing horrible really. But recently I had 10 days holiday, but I set my expectations too high or something. And before that I had always thought I'm immune to holiday stress, thought that silliness couldn't happen to me. I was like "Must...have....fun" but couldn't.
It was pretty horrible afterall. S:

Mirage
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
So far on my vacation I have:

Fallen down the stairs
Lost power

Tell us about your vacations gone wrong!

Sounds like a really romantic vacation, actually.

Shorty
03-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Went camping with some friends (it counts because it was hours away) and went off-roading and somehow got a nail in my blazer tire. :|

My vacations have generally been pretty awesome!

Iceglow
03-25-2013, 01:46 AM
In Egypt, I had an argument with Ewa because I wouldn't let her drive a dune buggy when she had no glasses on and hadn't put her contacts in that morning. She legally needs either/or to drive as she is blind as a fucking earthworm. It was followed swiftly by 2 more arguments which pretty much ruined the holiday for me, one was her accusing me of wanting to be with the other Eastern European girl we got talking to out there, said girl, Kristina was with her boyfriend at the same hotel. Another was her bitching about how the waiter at a restaurant pulled her chair out for her and I don't do things like that. We were back in the UK for less than 2 weeks when she left me for the guy she'd been cheating on me with for months.

fire_of_avalon
03-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Two years ago I took my first, and so far only, vacation away from work, and did nothing but sit around my house and play Resident Evil 4 and think about how I suck at planning things.

XxSephirothxX
03-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Two years ago I took my first, and so far only, vacation away from work, and did nothing but sit around my house and play Resident Evil 4 and think about how I suck at planning things.
That's a pretty good game to be stuck at home playin' though.

I'm trying to think of any really bad things that have happened to me on vacations, but I'm mostly coming up blank. There have been bad spots, like getting stung by a jellyfish or sea nettles, I don't know which, while camping with the family once. That hurt like hell for a few hours, but then it was okay. Any bad time I ever had on a vacation when I was younger could probably be chalked up to being pouty or not getting my way or something. But mostly it's good memories.

Calliope
03-25-2013, 06:23 AM
I have not had many vacations at all. Last year I missed my plane to SFO so didn't get to hang out with Del and Hannah for the day like we had planned, that sucked pretty badly (although the rest of the trip was great).

I dislike most "holidays" because they involve spending a lot of time and money to visit my in-laws, when I would prefer to either be alone (I usually spend "Thanksgiving" alone), or to see my family (an impossibility).

Unbreakable Will
03-25-2013, 04:15 PM
My old step-father ruined all of my vacations as a kid. We once went to Disney World in Florida and he somehow managed to ruin the happiest place on earth. I trout you not he was so cheap he actually said this;

"Food? You want food again? We just drank water four hours ago?! How could you be hungry?!"

Seriously. :|

Anyway as for my adult vacations... they've been few and far between but ok so far. I intend to take Nikki and Haiden to places and not be a bag of dicks about it like my 'rolemodels' were.

I also intend to take a few on my own to get some solitude, I was an only child with few friends (so I basically grew up on my own) and I need to be alone once in a while.

Pumpkin
03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
I really haven't traveled much other than to visit my mom or sharky. Going to visit my mom is usually awkward, uncomfortable, and frustrating.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-25-2013, 07:38 PM
that time me and my sister went to a cottage near Wasagi (Balm Beach/Ossosane) and we found a journal/guestbook; wrote a nice little thank you in the nice but naive way kids have;

dad found it, gave us trout to beat the band, couldn't write his own (some kind of free verse about flying, i doubt he allowed me to read it, or if I did i don't remember a thing about it) but lose quoted a few parts she kinda remembered

something like

flight above the landscape
air whistling by my ears
it's beautiful up here etc.

nice enough, he could have gotten better with time!

but yeah
he had about 50 million drafts, there were pages all over the place
but then he gave us trout again
the end.

Rocket Edge
03-25-2013, 10:15 PM
I seen the news report tonight and it looks like lapland up there. :/

Can't really say I've had a bad holiday but when I was 11 we went to Florida. I caught a vomiting bug and would just continuously get sick for about 3 or 4 days straight. I remember we were on space mountain and I got sick. I shit you not. Good times.

Shlup
03-25-2013, 11:52 PM
When we went to Hawaii, BJ cut his big toe pretty bad and sunburned the tops of his feet. Didn't really hinder our funtimes though. I've never had a vacation that wasn't fabulous.

Laddy
03-26-2013, 06:53 AM
I had an anime con in Nashville during a massive flood throughout the state that killed multiple people and couldn't escape. Thankfully the con area was okay,but I was stuck in a building filled with costumed nerds (like myself) for a while.

Bubba
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
A few years ago, a few of us went to Spain for five days. We went in April and hoped the weather would be nice for us. It was not. Rain and cloud for 5 days then the day we were due to fly back... this happened.

Iceland volcano erupts: Travel advice for UK air passengers | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1266146/Iceland-volcano-erupts-Travel-advice-UK-air-passengers.html)

A holiday that was supposed to last 5 days ended up lasting 3 weeks. This would have been fine if we had not spent all our money on those first five days. I suppose we were quite fortunate as we already had free accomodation. As soon as the volcano erupted, the sun came out for the remaining two-and-a-half weeks of our time there which was a bonus.

We were literally stuck though. No planes home. Eurostar wanted to charge us around £2000. The ferrys were an absolute joke. Unless you were stuck yourselves, no-one can understand how stressful it was trying to get home. We thought we'd be there for months. I was contemplating buying a cheap guitar so I could go busking.

Jinx
03-26-2013, 08:08 PM
I seen the news report tonight and it looks like lapland up there. :/

Can't really say I've had a bad holiday but when I was 11 we went to Florida. I caught a vomiting bug and would just continuously get sick for about 3 or 4 days straight. I remember we were on space mountain and I got sick. I trout you not. Good times.

Oh man! That makes me think!

My REAL worst vacation:

We flew to PA for my grandma's 70th surprise birthday party. We were further surprise. I know it sounds selfish, but at this point I was already pissed because I had to miss two VERY big choir things in the span of 4 days. On top of that, my boyfriend of a year and I had broken up just a couple days before. Then, I get the stomach flu from my uncle. So, the birthday party my parents MADE me go to (I wanted to go, but I really wanted to do my choir thing as well--plus, it was for a grade) I missed, because every time I got out of bed I puked everywhere.

Unbreakable Will
03-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Laddy;
I remember that flood, it sucked except for the badass rafting me and my friends did that week down a creek.

Værn
03-28-2013, 05:47 AM
I once went to Florida, where I made the tragic mistake of stepping outside of the hotel room and into the harsh light of day. I was unable to move for the following week due to the resulting sunburn :colbert: