PDA

View Full Version : Leo Player

Heath
03-24-2013, 08:08 PM
There's always been a lot of love for General Leo in terms of his character, and there've been rumours (on the Internets of all places) about reviving him, so I pose a simple question: if Leo could be recruited permanently, would you actually use him in your party of four?

And yes, the thread title is an awful play on Leo Sayer, so let's just get that embarrassment out the way nice and early.

Mirage
03-24-2013, 08:11 PM
i dunno, probably not. He doesn't seem all that strong. His special is like a 0 MP ultima but that's it.

kotora
03-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Never really saw the big deal about that guy.

blackmage_nuke
03-25-2013, 12:28 AM
He had a pretty good normal attack iirc so give him a GengiGlove+Offering

What I want to know though is what methods people would implement in the game to go about reviving him

Flying Mullet
03-25-2013, 03:39 PM
For whatever reason I see him as a game breaker, similar to Orlandu in FFT.

Roogle
03-25-2013, 06:06 PM
No, I would not have used him regularly, but he would have had a spot on one of the parties that takes on the final dungeon.

Wolf Kanno
03-25-2013, 08:40 PM
It would depend on his equipment pool to be honest. Statistically, he's pretty good and with some Esper Boosts, Shock could do some incredible damage.

I probably would have used him but I would also agree it would be like T.G. Cid from Tactics all over.

Curaga
03-26-2013, 12:45 AM
No, I'm happy with Terra, Strago, Locke and Cyan.

But I do really admire Leo for taking the moral highroad.
However, anyone else in the world could have noticed the Empire's dishonorable outlook... maybe he was tricked?

Spooniest
03-26-2013, 05:30 AM
If anything, given the tools and with the right know-how, I'd stick Banan and Arvis into the game as selectable characters that you can do a sidequest to acquire in the WoR.

See, right after the peace talks at the Imperial Palace, Banan and Arvis go to follow up on a rumor. They're trying to get the Odin magicite so they can have an edge against the Emperor, who their spies report has been massing Magicite from the remains of Espers left over in the Facility. They find a passageway leading deep underground and wind up in the Ancient Castle. They unseal the Mage Master by accident, and he turns them to stone.

Later, the guy out front of the Tower of Fanatics will sell you the Platinum Needle needed to turn them back. They tell you what got them there and voila, they join your party and there we go.

Leo is dead. If he doesn't stay dead, the story loses a linchpin of its gravitas and emotional content.

The Man
03-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Mulley is pretty much right. With the right stats, Shock would be a game-breaking ability - an attack that potentially deals 9,999 damage to all enemies in a single attack without using MP. I've always looked at Leo as being like Beatrix - an awesome character who was far too game-breakingly strong to be a member of your regular party.

That said, yes, if he were a party member I'd use him regularly. Same with Banon, whose ability would be similarly gamebreaking (free heal of all party members? Again, potentially gamebreaking, especially if his magic ability could be raised to where he could heal 9,999 MP to all four party members).

Though, let's face it, FFVI is already pretty broken. Osmose basically makes MP meaningless anyway.

theundeadhero
03-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Without a doubt. I used to use a game genie to replace Terra's morph ability with shock and it was amazing through the whole game.