PDA

View Full Version : This really should not work!

Iceglow
03-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Ok so yesterday me and Paul were having a good old time playing some Gears 3 on Insanity difficulty, when we got to the boss fight on top of the tower with a grub Gas Barge circling firing Boomshot turrets at us and on every circle dropping Theron Gaurds. We spent a good time trying the battle with all the conventional tactics in the game, we tried cover, planting grenades and we'd come close only for one of us to be turned in to a pile of steaming bits by the randomness of the artillery fire employed from the air. When all of a sudden Paul has this insane idea to run to the edge of the platform where the Therons land and wait, chainsaw revving. seeing limited success on his own as I considered him mad we however decided to give it a go. A few attempts later of adjusting our timing for getting in to the position on the other side of the boss arena we successfully chainsawed our way through the landing forces which gave us the battle. All the while we were just laughing at how this tactic should not work!

That story made me think of other ridiculous tactics in gaming which just should not work but ended up being the only working tactic despite the fact that you've tried every conventional one out there. So share some of your escapades with us!

Pike
03-25-2013, 08:49 AM
In 10-man Naxx we had a rogue evasion tank a good portion of Gluth. All of us hunters had to misdirect at exactly the right times to ping-pong him back and forth and it was great.

KentaRawr!
03-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Most things that happen in MGS3 shouldn't work at all. For example, stripping off all your camo, putting on a crocodile hat, painting the American flag on your face and smashing everyone with a lit torch. It works pretty well, actually!

Slothy
03-25-2013, 08:43 PM
I'll just leave this here: Uncharted 2 Final Boss Fight on Crushing - YouTube (http://youtu.be/zbfpv8n8h68?t=1m42s)