PDA

View Full Version : Thats my stapler.....

Chemical
03-26-2013, 11:25 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/fcc/359/104/resized/milton-ftw-meme-generator-that-s-my-stapler-7acf5e.jpg

What kind of free goods are you given/illegally acquire from work?

I am mostly given muffins... tea and other non-alc drinks... Sometimes I keep the odd awesome pen for myself. If I am really good I get meals... sammys or soups... salads etc.

When I am in practicum... I tend to leave with gloves, diabetic test strips and the odd sanitary wet nap (not on purpose I just tend to want to gtfo after 12hours).

Jinx
03-26-2013, 11:31 PM
I eat my clients' food while I'm at their house. But that's part of my job description. x)

Really, if I filched anything from work, I'd get fired. I wouldn't be allowed to work in this industry again, as I am stealing from people. /shrug

I've never taken anything from work.

Leeza
03-27-2013, 12:39 AM
The only thing I get free from work is coffee or tea. That's it. Unless it's stuff that they decide they will be throwing out. They're renovating the whole building right now so there are pieces that they don't want anymore so it's first come, gets it. So tomorrow I'm bringing home a very nice big cabinet as well as a life-like dog that sort of looks like Lassie. I'm going to place it by my koi pond to hopefully scare off any Herons. :cat:

Illegally... I might have taken a pen and maybe an envelope or two.

fire_of_avalon
03-27-2013, 12:41 AM
I got a water bottle, some pens, a t shirt and reusable bag. We got some swag when we first opened.

Jowy
03-27-2013, 12:54 AM
the good gel pens and index cards really.

Araciel
03-27-2013, 01:03 AM
Printer paper.

NorthernChaosGod
03-27-2013, 01:32 AM
I could probably get away with pens and Sharpies, but that's probably about it. The rest of the stuff we use is either worthless to me or too huge to get away with.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-27-2013, 01:40 AM
I got some nice, commercial grade (supposedly, but what the hell do I know) surge protectors/battery back-up units once. I still use them on some computers where I work now.

Shiny
03-27-2013, 01:43 AM
At my old job (which was only a few months back) I got all sorts of stuff. Champagne, free ice skating, clothes, lobster rolls, cupcakes, insulated mug, stationary items, food, beer pong, more food, German beer, refreshments in general were free, a free screening of Skyfall before it was released, metro cards, an annual subscription to the channel, and a bunch of stuff from co-workers from the holidays.

As you can see, it was a very fun work environment. Now all I got was a mug and a t-shirt. They did offer me free bowling for a day, but I was sick so I couldn't go. :/ I guess the reimbursements for taxis and car service are nice at least.

...Yeah why did I leave again? xD

I really wanted to take the professional headphones I had from my old job. They were Sony noise canceling. I don't think they'd actually care if I took those like they would if I took the laptop or hard drives, but I just felt too guilty.

Chemical
03-27-2013, 02:05 AM
At my old job (which was only a few months back) I got all sorts of stuff. Champagne, free ice skating, clothes, lobster rolls, cupcakes, insulated mug, stationary items, food, beer pong, more food, German beer, refreshments in general were free, a free screening of Skyfall before it was released, metro cards, an annual subscription to the channel, and a bunch of stuff from co-workers from the holidays.

Nice swag! I used to work at hmv and got lots of free cds/samples, posters.....

Shiny
03-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Free music and movies is always great to get for slaving away at work, but I found the alcohol was the better reward in the end. It was interesting playing a drinking game with co-workers during the Skyfall screening. Every time the Bond theme played we'd take a sip of champagne.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Food. Once I gotten a bottle of vodka.

Faris
03-27-2013, 03:16 AM
From my office job, because we're Microsoft partners I got Windows 8 for free.

Nothing from the other two jobs I've worked at. Unless you count a little old lady shoving chocolate at you or over stuffing your meals.

Shorty
03-27-2013, 04:09 AM
We have baskets of fruit and vegetables for the week brought in every Monday, cereal, bread, peanut butter, snacks like cookies, chips, trail mix, beef jerky, granola bars etc, a ridiculous plethora of every soda and juice you could ever hope for and beer and girly alcohol stocked in every fridge. There are a good five meetings a week that have catered food, often of which there are many leftovers. Twice a month we celebrate birthdays and I get to order 2-4 massive cakes for the office. Once a month the assistants get their own special catered lunch. We have birthday lunches, baby showers, wedding toasts, going away parties/lunches/happy hours. And smurf, the holidays. I can't even get in to how much food we have for the holidays. I knew I was going to get fat working for this company :(

Last year we went to a culinary class across the bay, rented out an entire park in Saratoga (including catering and all-you-can-drink booze) and went to three Giants games at AT&T park, each including a $25 voucher for food or memorabilia or whatever. Afterward we always go out to happy hour at a bar across the street and run the bill up to god knows what for 150 people.

For our holiday party, we rented the entire SF Museum of Modern Art and had it catered. Let me tell you that that event alone was more money than my step-dad's annual salary.

We spend an obscene amount of money on fun and food and booze. They treat us well and spoil us rotten so we have more incentive to be good employees. I have no need to steal anything because it's all right there.

Calliope
03-27-2013, 04:43 AM
Party at the MOMA? Holy shit, that's basically my dream ;________________;

I take home STACKS of withdrawn/donated books from my job. More books than I can ever sensibly hope to read, but oh well. The other day I snagged quite an old looking copy of "Great Expectations", and flipping it open to try find the printing date, I found someone had written "Not among Dickens' best work" in old-school ink pen; I guess someone should not have had such great expectations?

Shlup
03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
I usually end up with a lot of pens that I accidentally bring home in my pocket. I bring them back when I get about a dozen though.

Loony BoB
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Given the highly expensive equipment I'm responsible for, I don't get to keep nearly enough. :( Basically nothing, really. Sometimes I get a nice pen when users return their laptops and forget to clear out their laptop bags.

Bubba
03-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Basically, I swipe anything that can be considered stationary.

...and by stationary I mean anything that doesn't move.

KoShiatar
03-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Someone at Nintendo went home with my beloved Nici zebra mug.:mad2:
I hope they catch the runs drinking out of it. :(

Sephex
03-27-2013, 04:34 PM
I work in a place that manufactures conveyors. I am free to take any reasonably sized scrap piece of metal, which is more useful than one might think at times.

Calliope
03-27-2013, 06:52 PM
I work in a place that manufactures conveyors. I am free to take any reasonably sized scrap piece of metal, which is more useful than one might think at times.

Please build me a delorean, thank you.

Psychotic
03-27-2013, 07:04 PM
I've been given branded stress balls, pens and notebooks. I haven't really had to steal anything!