PDA

View Full Version : Seekers of Adoulin thoughts

Del Murder
03-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Tell me what you guys think!

Citizen Bleys
03-29-2013, 05:33 PM
If my information thus far is correct, the expansion is Jeuno-linked through a teleporter in LJ.

Geomancer is like a superbard who can tie buffs to a particular area of land -- that's an ability I'd have loved to have as bard back in the days when exp parties actually happened but you'd always have someone in the party that would ruin the positioning so people couldn't get their preferred buffs.

Rune fencer I don't know yet, there's no-one in my LS with the job unlocked.

I haven't gone to Adoulin yet; apparently your choices for getting a license to go there are either a) pay 1 million gil, or b) do the easiest quest in the universe. (Find one of 18 possible geomagnetic fonts, some of which are in starter areas like KRT)

I'll be taking option b.

Del Murder
03-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Interesting notes on Geomancer. Sounds like it's similar to how some of the FFXIV magic works.

Citizen Bleys
04-03-2013, 03:51 AM
I got a good first impression of the new zones: Some of the NPCs in the initial CS have Sean Connery's accent.

Mirage
04-03-2013, 10:47 AM
are you saying there is voice acting now?

Roogle
04-05-2013, 04:20 PM
I doubt that they would add voice acting to the game so late in its life cycle. Though, there was that song with hard to understand English lyrics with the release of Chains of Promathia, remember that?

KentaRawr!
08-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Although I never played Chains of Promathia, I do enjoy the song "Distant Worlds" quite a lot. I tend not to listen to the original version, though. :p

I haven't played FFXI in a long while, and I never really had a good grasp on how the game even really worked, so I don't have anything to bring to the discussion regarding what we know about the new classes and story. Although, I will say that I think it's neat that one of the new classes is called "Rune Fencer," since I've only seen that class name in a Tactics Ogre game. It doesn't look like they really work in similar ways, though. I wonder if the Japanese name for FFXI's Rune Fencer matches the Japanese name for Tactics Ogre's?