PDA

View Full Version : When I was seventeeen, I played some veeery good games...

Pheesh
03-30-2013, 10:16 AM
So this year I've recently played Bioshock: Infinite and Tomb Raider, both of which have been two of the best games I've played for a while, and with some other titles I'm very excited for on the horizon it's shaping up to be a very good year for video games.

It got me thinking, what is your favourite year, gaming wise? Which were the standout titles of that year that swing it for you?

(This is going by release date, as well, not the year that you actually got around to playing it).

Old Manus
03-30-2013, 01:26 PM
When I was seventeen
I played some very good games
I played some very good games like TESIV and Guitar Hero 2
And Hotel Dusk: Room 215
When I was seventeen

When I was twenty-one
I played some very good games
I played some very good games like Bioshock 2 and Infinite Space
I bought Pokemon White, because I was racist scum
When I was twenty-one

I'm not yet thirty-five
But it'll be a very good year
It'll be a very good year for video games
If CoD's no longer alive
I'll play SOTC3 and Deus Ex 5
When I'm thirty-five

And when my days run short
My games in the autumn of their year
And I'll have no more games as I'd sold them all
To pay mortgage and rent
And I'll sit in my chair
And eyes betray a tear
Not a very good year

the_best_noob
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
If CoD's no longer alive

The day shall come soon!

Bolivar
03-30-2013, 05:49 PM
2008 was pretty special for me this gen as that was the first year I had my he console and metal gear solid 4, valkyria chronicles, grand theft auto iv and far cry 2 came out. I also spent a lot of time in games like little big planet and resistance 2. I think Demons Souls also came out in the East and I imported my Chinese/English version soon after.

tony12
04-18-2013, 10:49 PM
2008 was really the last year I spent any significant time playing video games (got oblivion that year and played it quite a bit).

Probably my fondest memories of playing video games was back in the Tecmo Bowl days. Then summer of '99 when I played FF7 and summer of '01 when I played Xenogears.