PDA

View Full Version : Sick. :(

Jinx
03-30-2013, 07:34 PM
I am very sick right now, and stuck at work. :( Luckily, I do have a co-worker coming in for me at 6:30p and work the rest of my shift. But that's not for another 5 hours. And it sucks, cos I really need that money.

Anyways, the topic of the thread is:

What is your cure all? What do you do to feel better when you're sick? Sadly, I've just got too much going on at the moment to be sick for more than a couple of days (but this seems like it's gonna be a long one).

Clo
03-30-2013, 07:37 PM
My cure all is music!

Always works.

Denmark
03-30-2013, 09:54 PM
sleep. water. sleep. food. sleep.

repeat.

Araciel
03-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Blood of the enemy

Chemical
03-30-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm a health professional, I don't believe in a magical "cure all."

That being said... I suppose the best "cure all" is prevention (hygeine, diet, excercise, stress management to keep up a good immune system) otherwise viral can only be treated symptomatically, bacterial/fungal with antibacterials/antifungals. Anything else may rerquire input of a physician.

Chris
03-30-2013, 10:33 PM
sleep. water. sleep. food. sleep.

repeat.This and boogie.

Loony BoB
03-30-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm not one to believe in "cure all" stuff outside of what Chemical said (also: lots of open windows for fresh air regardless of the weather). As for what I do, I read, watch movies, browse the internet, sleep, shower lots, open the window a lot and if I'm able, I'll do things like play video games and work from home (should it be a workday).

I've been ill for three weeks, but it's pretty much gone now. Should be 100% by Monday/Tuesday.

Jinx
03-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Since it's allergies that led to me getting sick, I doubt opening the window is the best idea. xD

Loony BoB
03-31-2013, 12:44 AM
Ah, fair play. If it's allergies from outdoors, window closed. Anything else, window open!

Jinx
03-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I took some benadryl and put some vaseline on my lips. Gonna start up some tea with honey.

Chemical
03-31-2013, 04:11 AM
Since it's allergies that led to me getting sick, I doubt opening the window is the best idea. xD

Stop breathing. Problem solved.

Jinx
03-31-2013, 01:49 PM

Stop breathing. Problem solved.

This is sound medical advice. Thank you. ;)

Old Manus
03-31-2013, 03:11 PM
I honestly cannot remember the last time I was ill. It's been five years at least. I now look forward to the dreadful cocktail of maladies affected upon me for such a flagrant temptation of fate.

Pheesh
03-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Garlic, garlic and more garlic. Even if it doesn't work at least you'll be eating awesome tasting food.

Unbreakable Will
03-31-2013, 03:19 PM
The last time I was sick it was a debilitating stomach virus and nothing I usually do when I'm sick worked at all. Normally I take some meds appropriate for the situation and then sleep for days. The stomach pain was so great that I literally could not straighten up or it felt like my innards would burst forth like Old Faithful.

:Oo:

Freya
03-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Steroids are my friend. They seem to be the only thing that ever helps short of surgery. So yay steroids!

Shorty
04-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Throwing up when I'm sick helps a tremendous amount. I don't know if it's a mental thing, like my body thinks it's getting rid of the "poison" or whatever it is that's making it sick (I read that this is how the body reacts during bouts of motion sickness, so I assume it must be true for "regular sick" as well), but it always always helps. Then I munch on saltines and down sprite, OD on ibuprofen and sleep with a heating pad until I feel better.