PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts 3: Project <3

Freya
04-01-2013, 01:24 AM
http://www.radiant-mythology.com/eoff/kh3p3log.jpg

In this midst of the flurry of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix news and the Square Enix 10th Anniversary arriving, a private press conference at GDC was held. A new project was going to be announced that was related to Kingdom Hearts called Project <3. Prior to the conference itself there was a myriad of speculation on this new entry, is it in fact the long awaited Kingdom Hearts 3 or was it yet again another handheld entry?

http://www.radiant-mythology.com/eoff/kh3_phonepic.jpg

The answer was soon revealed with the leak of a few sparse details as well as a snapped picture of the logo itself. Kingdom Hearts 3 is on its way! Hashimoto himself was there to announce the game!

So far what has been leaked is interesting:

Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy will all be returning as playable characters. Kairi was not commented on.
Andy's Room and Agrabah were confirmed as new worlds. Aladdin's father as the King of Thieves was to make an appearance to finish Aladdin's story.
Notable Final Fantasy characters from XII and XIII that didn't make the previous main entries of the series due to their later releases will be included.
It was hinted that more Pixar worlds will be featured but there were no details available on which ones.
The game has been in production for a long time now and is hoping to be released as soon as 2.5 has settled in.

As we know Square Enix is going through some financial hardships so it's no surprise they'll be pushing for a title that will automatically sell well. The real question is what platform will it be released? Will they put it on the PS3 to work with the trophies you'll receive for KH 1.5 and 2.5? Or will they push it ahead to the next generation console and put it on the PS4? What about those Xbox fans? Which would you like it on?

So there you go fans! It's finally been confirmed! Kingdom Hearts 3 is on its way! Are you excited?

[source] (http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/forums/general-gaming/71350-kingdom-hearts-project-3-sees-light.html) [source] (http://www.khworld.org/iceberg/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1364772347&archive=&start_from=&ucat=12&#disqus_thread)

Jinx
04-01-2013, 01:26 AM
That's pretty exciting!

I know that Kingdom Hearts has some cryptic titles, but I wonder if they're going to deal with computers and mad haxx in this game in relation to the title.

Jowy
04-01-2013, 02:04 AM
i see that picture with the watermarks still on it and only think to myself, "someone's gettin' fired." since its literally nowhere else.

there's a toy story level. if i don't get to bro it up with Woody, I will be highly distraught.

Pheesh
04-01-2013, 02:07 AM
O___O Oh. My. Actual. Fuck.

*faints*

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 02:45 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8e5p4WhjS1qdky3k.gif

smurf YES! Oh boy, oh boy. Maybe we'll hear more at E3 as it's not that far away - especially as Square Enix have said they'll announce something at E3 in relation to the 10th anniversary of their merger.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-01-2013, 02:50 AM
*faints beside Phil*

FFIX Choco Boy
04-01-2013, 03:48 AM
I can't wait for it. Goofy, you're out. Riku, you're in. And if Kairi really is a playable character, Donald's out, too.

Pheesh
04-01-2013, 04:04 AM
Oh god this wait is going to kill me. I just know it. I remember the wait for KH2 (didn't help that Australia got it like a YEAR after the rest of the western world) and this will be just as bad, if not worse Y_Y

04-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Kaycee, you are dead to me now.

April Fools: KINGDOM HEARTS Project <3 Sneak Peek at GDC 2013! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider (http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-III-Sneak-Peak-at-GDC-2013-3263)

Scroll to the bottom of the article. Yeah. DEAD KAYCEE. DEAD! YOU HAVE INFLICTED THE CURSE OF AN ENRAGED FANBOY!

FFIX Choco Boy
04-01-2013, 05:56 AM
But, it wasn't even April 1st yet in half of the world... That's exceptionally cruel.

Pheesh
04-01-2013, 06:48 AM
There is a special area of hell reserved for people like you -_-

04-01-2013, 06:50 AM
I am thinking of burning her at the stake.

Freya
04-01-2013, 06:58 AM
I SORRY. Not really. SE tweeted about it (https://twitter.com/SQEX_Members_NA/status/318566707528605696)though ahhaha

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 07:23 AM
If you want to burn Kaycee at the stake you'll have to go through me first. The images were my doing - so it's me and Kaycee against the world!

Such a shame that a couple of other sites let the game drop so early on. But, it was funny watching the initial reactions :p

04-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Oh, I know. See called me after GoT and a barrage of text messages from me. But I do not know you well enough, so I feel it would not be right. Also, you are Mother of the Dragons right now, so I cannot get mad.

Freya
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Oh man they freaked on khinsider. That was the most amusing!

FFIX Choco Boy
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
But Aulayna, fire cannot harm the dragon. We can't burn you at the stake.

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Damnit you've seen through my other plan...

04-01-2013, 07:47 AM
We could put her into a freezer? North of the Wall (a.k.a. northern Canada or Russia).

FFIX Choco Boy
04-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Let the white walkers take her. AKA the eskimos. I never did trust them... They hide too far in their hoods.

Loony BoB
04-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Fantastic collaboration with those other sites, Kaycee. You've done our AF pranks proud, I'm impressed how many you got involved and certainly am delighted that so many sites were happy to join in. A few upset fans just shows SE that they really need to do something about it sooner rather than later... by releasing the game. ;)

Psychotic
04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Poor KH Insider staff copping the hate and death threats and whatnot xD Their site looks bloody fantastic while I'm on the subject tho'.

tidlelover
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Dis is fake? Why. :(

Formalhaut
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Can we make the prank true?

:( Smurf you, April Fools

Raistlin
04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Personally I don't give a crap about Kingdom Hearts, and I did nothing for this prank and wasn't terribly interested in it. Freya did a great job though of coordinating with other sites and pulling it off well; it's probably the most well-executed prank we've had.

But most importantly, I skimmed through some of the KH Insider (http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-III-Sneak-Peak-at-GDC-2013-3263?page=1) comments and just about died.

Seeing as how this popped up on multiple sites within the first hour of the news being dropped, I'd just like to say one thing. If this turns out to be fake, EVERY SITE THAT HAD A HAND ON IT SHOULD BE EXCOMMUNICATED FROM THE FANBASE. At this point, fake KH3 announcements are not cute, funny, or comical—it's downright cruel and anyone who has a hand in such tom-foolery should be taken out and MegaFlared.

I am ready to announce this prank as an unqualified success. How does it feel to get EoFF excommunicated from the KH fanbase, Kaycee?

Jinx
04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
It was a great prank.

Why are people being so butthurt?

04-01-2013, 07:31 PM
My hate is all fake; I mainly wanted to annoy Kaycee.

maybee
04-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Really ?

As soon as you saw the "<3 " you didn't think that something was up ??

But then again, on April 1st I trust no bitch. :doublecolbert:

KH-Cloudy
04-02-2013, 03:20 AM
SMUUUUUUUUUUUURFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

Just take my heart. :\

XxSephirothxX
04-02-2013, 04:09 AM
But most importantly, I skimmed through some of the KH Insider (http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-III-Sneak-Peak-at-GDC-2013-3263?page=1) comments and just about died.

Seeing as how this popped up on multiple sites within the first hour of the news being dropped, I'd just like to say one thing. If this turns out to be fake, EVERY SITE THAT HAD A HAND ON IT SHOULD BE EXCOMMUNICATED FROM THE FANBASE. At this point, fake KH3 announcements are not cute, funny, or comical—it's downright cruel and anyone who has a hand in such tom-foolery should be taken out and MegaFlared.

I am ready to announce this prank as an unqualified success. How does it feel to get EoFF excommunicated from the KH fanbase, Kaycee?
You gon' get MegaFlared son

Freya
04-02-2013, 05:34 AM
Anddddd now it's in japan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG0KejqCMAINyj9.jpg:large

Del Murder
04-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Great job with this guys, especially Freya and Aulayna. Well, mainly just them.

Aulayna
04-02-2013, 07:37 AM
We've gone global! *high five* This week I learned that my idea for the title being "Project <3" wasn't as lame or as obviously fake as I thought it was...

Loony BoB
04-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Anddddd now it's in japan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG0KejqCMAINyj9.jpg:large
I wish I knew what the translations for these things are. Anyone with Twitter access and Google Translate able to help out here? Stupid work blocks stupid Twitter.

04-02-2013, 10:59 AM
The top one and the bottom one are essentially the same, "April Fool" "Kingdom Heart Project <3" Starts/Going Around/Running! (The characters use mean "to start" but like a machine) And then the rest is just them wanting KH3 to come out. Basically "COME ON KH3!" "COME ALREADY!" Sorta deal.

Apparent the middle guy thinks it is real: "New KH!" "Kingdom Hearts Project <3" Come!

qwertysaur
04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Watch Kingdom Hearts <3 appear at Comiket 84 or 85 now. :p

Roogle
04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
This prank was a lot more effective than I thought it would be. There are people that know nothing of Eyes on Final Fantasy that had heard rumors of a new title.

Consider it a good preview of your reach to the global audience.

Aulayna
04-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Just Google for Kingdom Hearts Project <3 - there were threads about it on GameSpot and everything xD

Aulayna
04-09-2013, 08:48 AM
PqWkYZNUsuU

xD

maybee
04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Why are so many people falling for this ?

/head-desks

Freya
04-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Man this joke has made me so full of myself xD I can't believe it's still going!

Sadly for being the masterminds behind the prank, it makes me sad we're nowhere in the google search.

This site (http://www.finalfantasy.fm/index.php/2-news/257-) completely just copy pasted my article. lol.

Loony BoB
04-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Sadly for being the masterminds behind the prank, it makes me sad we're nowhere in the google search.
On the upside, we're the first result on Yahoo! search for kingdom hearts 3 project. Also, all those other sites linking to us can only help.

Aulayna
04-09-2013, 10:38 AM
EoFF was on page 2 of the search results I think?

Not great considering we came up with it but ah well :p At least we can laugh from on high.

Loony BoB
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
9th result on Google for me, not sure how different google.com and google.co.uk are, but obviously the UK one favours us to some extent. Or my account does. :p

LocoColt04
04-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Freya, I'd be pretty upset that they swiped the entire article verbatim! That's a pretty cheesy move. No quote with credit or anything!

Roogle
04-09-2013, 05:14 PM
9th result on Google for me, not sure how different google.com and google.co.uk are, but obviously the UK one favours us to some extent. Or my account does. :p

This would be a result of your account and browsing history rather than the the different regional Google results.

Loony BoB
04-09-2013, 06:16 PM

This would be a result of your account and browsing history rather than the the different regional Google results.
I wouldn't be so certain of this, I'm certain Google results are very different between the UK and US.

EDIT: Confirmed. When I switch to Google.com (using the bottom page link) the results change and EoFF is no longer listed.

Del Murder
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Gamespot ran it? Awesome.

Raistlin
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
A Google search for "Kingdom Hearts 3" with me logged out of any Google services has our article showing up on the 4th page. A bit disappointing considering it was our idea, but we ended up with a lot of links to us from the KH community and it was entertaining.

Loony BoB
04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
American Google Hates EoFF.

EDIT: Google News even featured this, thanks to Gaming Union. :p

Goldenboko
04-11-2013, 09:59 PM
We showed up first for Kingdom hearts <3 project for me on incognito xD Still was pretty funny to see this all over the place.