PDA

View Full Version : Indian or Chinese?

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Which take-out is your calling?

Freya
04-01-2013, 07:05 AM
I don't have too much Indian so I'll have to say Chinese! I just really like noodles is all.....

Bunny
04-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Indian.

All circumstances.

Ever.

Lonely Paper Star
04-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Can't I have both? :<

Madame Adequate
04-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Chinese, blates.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Chinese, though my friends and I had Indian take-out tonight.

Pike
04-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Chinese for sure, god I love Chinese food and also Japanese

Jinx
04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Indian.

All circumstances.

Ever.

Pheesh
04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Chinese purely because of Yum Cha. It is one of my favourite meals and puts proper Chinese food very high on my list of favourite cuisines (also, no one cooks a duck better than a good Chinese restaurant). The greasy take out version of Chinese is only tolerable some times though.

Jinx
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Seriously gross Chinese food picture going around Facebook. I tried to spoiler tag.

Bunny
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
It is impressive how many people are wrong in this thread.

Denmark
04-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Indian.

All circumstances.

Ever.

this. yep.

would eat every meal every day forever, no regrets

Night Fury
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Chinese. I love Chinese food so much I sent Philip an Asian cookbook as his Birthday Present to give him 'inspiration' for when he cooks and stuff, yeah right, I'm just making sure he's well trained by the time I get to Australia /smug

But seriously, Chinese food totally wins. I do love Indian, but I have more Chinese dishes that I love. I make a mean home-made curry though.

Roogle
04-03-2013, 12:59 AM
I vastly prefer Chinese food over Indian food. Honestly, Indian food looks like prison slop to me. I know it sounds a bit offensive, but I have no other way to put it.

Bolivar
04-03-2013, 02:10 AM
I do enjoy Indian food, but from past experiences, I can't get past the smell of Indian curry. I've lived with Indian people and have eaten a lot of home-cooked Indian food and a lot of it falls under the category of "This is bland, so we'll just make it spicy and pretend it's flavor."

Chinese for me. My girl's Taiwanese and we live on the edge of Chinatown in Philly, and regardless if it's $5 takeout, a multi-course dinner, or the local bakeries, it's all incredible here. Canto, Schechuan, Taiwanese, vegetarian I have favorites in all of them, and many here have won national awards for their cooking. Would I think differently if I lived near a close-concentration of acclaimed Indian restaurants? Maybe. But when you factor in how cheap it is to drink imported beer here as well, this has just been a life-changing culinary experience for me :beer:

maybee
04-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Can't I have both? :<

This.

But not together that would be gross.

Loony BoB
04-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Thai. >=(

Chinese out of the two options listed, though. I can eat Indian food but it's never been something I would actively go out of my way to eat. They have different Indian food every day at our work (our work's canteen is pretty awesome) but the only time I eat it is when they crack out the meatball curry, which I believe is actually Nepalese.

Agent Proto
04-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I like Chinese food. I've had Indian food, but it's not something I would get on a regular basis. I should fix that though. >_>

Formalhaut
04-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Chinese, I'm just not really a fan or Indian food to be honest. Curries are divine, but past that, I don't really fancy anything else.

Shorty
04-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Daniel Towns is the only correct person in this thread. Everyone is a failure. A failure!

Calliope
04-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Indian cuisine is my favourite kind of food, and I could probably eat it every day. Fragrant rice, crisp papadums, all manner of curries; from a mild dahl, hearty chana masala, five-star aloo gobi or sizzling tandoori plate - and then the breads - roti, naan, paratha, flat or raised, plain or stuffed with meat or potatoes or cheese. Are you vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free or lactose intolerant? No problem. Do you love meat? No problem. It's all fantastic. If you've tried Indian food and claim not to like it, then unfortunately you're probably just eating at a poor imitation of a good Indian restaurant - we've had somewhat of a hard time finding a good local one here.

The last thing Joe and I did in Portland was to stop at an Indian food cart and get some samosas, which were crisp, golden, delicately spiced and served with a pairing of vegan chutneys. There's one left in the fridge and we will FIGHT for it after work today.

Jinx
04-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah, my dad is always on about how much he hates Indian food. He's only been once. And when he talks about what they served...

I'm like, "Yeah. No. That's not right, bro."

Madame Adequate
04-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Daniel Towns is the only correct person in this thread.

Think about what you just said.

Loony BoB
04-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Thai food includes better curries than Indian and better stir fry than Chinese. She is correct in saying I am correct.

Del Murder
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Indian, definitely. Chinese is too greasy and Indian has those lovely bold flavors.