PDA

View Full Version : Burger King or McDonalds

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 07:20 AM
In a situation where these 2 fast food places were your only source of food for the day - which one would you choose?

qwertysaur
04-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Fasting for the day.

NeoCracker
04-01-2013, 07:23 AM
McDonalds. Double Quarter Pounder, make it plain, substitute the American Cheese for Swiss.

Fuck my arteries.

Freya
04-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Burger King, or at least mine in my town. It's a corporate owned one so it's nommy.

Whopper with cheese no tomatoes. NOM

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Fasting for the day.

In this scenario choosing neither of the two results in death by being mauled by a fuzzball of kittens.

NeoCracker
04-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Fasting for the day.

In this scenario choosing neither of the two results in death by being mauled by a fuzzball of kittens.

That's like, my dream!

Screw McDonalds, Fuzzball kitten death for me please!

qwertysaur
04-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Fasting for the day.

Still better then the other choices.

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 07:32 AM
They'll start the mauling with your balls :colbert:

NeoCracker
04-01-2013, 07:33 AM

That's Hot.

Psychotic
04-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Burger King, or at least mine in my town. It's a corporate owned one so it's nommy.

Whopper with cheese no tomatoes. NOMI thought you hated Burger King!

Maccy D's for me. Their fries blow BK's out of the water.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-01-2013, 08:33 AM
McDo's

Madame Adequate
04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Yeah same for me as Pauw. I love McD's fries, and also their cheeseburgers.

Pike
04-01-2013, 09:00 AM
I prefer Arby's over both but McD's if these are the only two options

I haven't been to BK in forever, idk why

blackmage_nuke
04-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Burger King (Hungry Jacks in Aus) is the only fastfood chain where I actually think "This burger is bigger than I thought it would be". Everywhere else it's always "is that all?". And when they finally brought out a breakfast menu there was no more reason to go to McDonalds aside from location availability. Also free refills!

Jinx
04-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Burger King is disgusting.

McDonald's is not.

Mirage
04-04-2013, 07:48 AM
DONALD BURGERS!

More seriously, Burger King because I don't think there is a single mcd burger that tastes anything special. they had some limited time things now and then that I liked, but they didn't keep them around.

Loony BoB
04-04-2013, 01:00 PM
McDonalds for most food, but if it's a chicken burger then I prefer the Chicken Royale with Cheese (although if I could choose KFC for chicken burgers, I would).

The kittens will begin their mauling after you have been force-fed both McDonalds and Burger King food. Right, Aulayna?

Shorty
04-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Burger King makes the better burgers of the two, but McDonald's menu is better. McDonald's overcooks and over-seasons their burgers. BK is changing how they make their fries, and they are sooo much better than how they used to be.

I'm going with BK.

Slothy
04-04-2013, 04:27 PM
BK makes the better burgers, but then they add things like tomato. Sure I can ask for no tomato, but the inconvenience is a strike against them. McDonalds also has the better fries. Like, it's not actually even a comparison. McDonalds makes fries that are like mana from heaven and BK makes fries like they would be if fries secretly meant something bob shit out in the back room and we added to your combo.

I guess I'd be going to BK to get a burger and McD's to get some fries and paying far too much for both?

Mirage
04-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Who buys fries at BK or McD? Seriously guys. You're there for burgers, not potatoes boiled in fat.

Shorty
04-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Who doesn't order fries with their burgers?

Pike
04-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Me.

I have a very tiny tummy and the burger alone fills me up. I don't buy fries cause I'm going to be too full to eat them.

Slothy
04-04-2013, 05:23 PM
McDonald's fries are their only redeeming quality.

Miriel
04-04-2013, 06:14 PM
I tried eating McDonalds for the first time in years a few months ago and I nearly spit it out. I could hardly take more than 2 bites of the Big Mac.

Their fries are still great though and their coffee is surprisingly good too. So definitely McDonalds over Burger King, which is like the worst fast food chain ever.

Calliope
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
If it came to it, I'd take BK fries and either a coke or an ice water.

Mirage
04-05-2013, 08:10 AM

Healthy people :doublecolbert:.

It's fat and starch. At least in the burger you'll find meat and a tiny bit of vegetables.

Laddy
04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Here's a story: while in Washington with Baloki, Jiro, and Proto, we ate a McDonald's a good four times because Jiro and Loki thought American McDonald's was, like, supremely delicious.

Formalhaut
04-05-2013, 09:44 AM
It depends. In Bournemouth their within a five minute walk in the town centre. I don't exactly have a preference for either, so it really boils down to how crowded it is in the "restaurant". I don't do crowds, particularly in fast food places. I'm embarrassed enough having to go in there!

If both "restaurants" are pretty much the same capacity, it then boils down to which one has the least teenagers. I'll choose that one.

Loony BoB
04-05-2013, 09:57 AM
I tend to order burgers with my burgers (double double cheeseburger!). :) Although I still get fries about half the time, I suppose.

Slothy
04-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Healthy people :doublecolbert:.

It's fat and starch. At least in the burger you'll find meat and a tiny bit of vegetables.

Fat isn't unhealthy generally, though that can't be said for the god awful vegetable oils that fast food places cook EVERYTHING in. But god damn it, if I'm going to go out for a meal at a fast food place every now and then I'm going to have some fries. Sure, I'll skip them if I have to eat fast food several times a week for some reason, but if they weren't so awful for you I'd get them every time.

Sephiroth
04-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Big King XXL = Great
Mc Rib = Perfect

Agent Proto
04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Burger King for me, tbh. I like their onion rings, which McDonald's DON'T HAVE.

Depression Moon
04-05-2013, 03:17 PM
This is easy for me. I don't eat opossum burgers, so BK for me.

Slothy
04-05-2013, 05:21 PM
This is easy for me. I don't eat opossum burgers, so BK for me.

You guys actually get opossum? I'm pretty sure ours are just ground up hobo and Chinese newspapers.

Iceglow
04-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Well Aulayna suggested a day's food does that mean a 3 meals a day ordeal because even though I'm able to stomach somethings that just should never be eaten I doubt I could manage 3 meals from one place. Though the question of burger king or mac donalds is relatively moot: Whilst being able to order a whopper burger at 6am is pretty cool the Mac Donalds breakfast wrap is simply too good to turn down, I can literally devour those things. Lunchtime orders would generally consist of something along the lines of a quarter pounder with cheese meal or if I wanted to be fussy: Double cheeseburger, med fries, chocolate milkshake and an apple pie. mmmm yeah feel those arteries clog!

NorthernChaosGod
04-11-2013, 09:15 AM
McDonald's, BK is meh.

Bubba
04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Their fries blow BK's out of the water.

McDonalds also has the better fries. Like, it's not actually even a comparison. McDonalds makes fries that are like mana from heaven and BK makes fries like they would be if fries secretly meant something bob trout out in the back room and we added to your combo.

What the hell are you people on? Burger King fries are superior in every way. They are slightly thicker and crunchier. If you picked up a Macdonald's fry after roughly 90 seconds after cooking it would be as limp as a... well, it would be really limp.

Burger King meat is superior too but Macdonalds is generally tastier.

I'd go with BK at a push though... due to their MUCH BETTER FRIES!

Elly
04-11-2013, 11:06 AM
having worked at both at one point and knowing what goes on in those kitchens not to mention quality control, i'd have to go with BK...
on the subject of the fries BK's are better but i like them less now that they changed them for the super fat ones... i have to put less fries on my burger now...

NorthernChaosGod
04-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Their fries blow BK's out of the water.

McDonalds also has the better fries. Like, it's not actually even a comparison. McDonalds makes fries that are like mana from heaven and BK makes fries like they would be if fries secretly meant something bob trout out in the back room and we added to your combo.

What the hell are you people on? Burger King fries are superior in every way. They are slightly thicker and crunchier. If you picked up a Macdonald's fry after roughly 90 seconds after cooking it would be as limp as a... well, it would be really limp.

Burger King meat is superior too but Macdonalds is generally tastier.

I'd go with BK at a push though... due to their MUCH BETTER FRIES!
Limp they may be, but they taste better.

Slothy
04-11-2013, 07:52 PM
What the hell are you people on? Burger King fries are superior in every way.

I'm just going to assume that this is a byproduct of where you live and that you aren't, in fact, insane.

Because these things really do vary by location. For example, the last time I was in Maine I had McDonalds, ate a few fries and then threw them out because they were garbage compared to anyone's fries. But McDonald's fries around here are salt lathered heaven.

TrollHunter
04-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Id go to mcdonalds, get a drink... And leave
Both places disgust me

Pumpkin
04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
McDo's

Don't you ever get tired of being so right all the time?

Bubba
04-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Limp they may be, but they taste better.

You sound like an easily satisfied prostitute.

But in regards to which is the superior chip then no... NO!

McDonald's fries around here are salt lathered heaven.

Again, I must disagree. Anything lathered in salt is disgusting if taken to excess (like McDonald's fries). Plus, they only do that so you buy an extra large cup of liquid sugar.

Vivi, as much as I respect you for your love of baseball... you are sadly wrong on this issue.

Slothy
04-12-2013, 12:56 AM
There is no such thing as excess where salt is concerned.

Bubba
04-12-2013, 01:04 AM
There is no such thing as excess where salt is concerned.

You can't ignore the dulcet tones of Raymond Francis.

Salt Can Kill You - YouTube (http://youtu.be/in-YzLD7rHs)

Heed his words.

"I want to talk about... table salt"

LadyJuxtaposition
04-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Actually, I prefer Wendy's for their sea salt fries and chocolate frosty. :P

But between Burger King and McDonald's, I would choose McDonald's for their fries and smoothies, oh yeah, and their chocolate frappé! Mmm, frappé! :D

Jinx
04-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Five Guys fries are even better. As are their burgers.

Sephex
04-13-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't exactly prefer one over the other, but assuming this situation was in my area I would go to McDonalds for one simple reason:

All the BKs around here are super slow. Keep in mind that I am absurdly patient when it comes to food service. In fact, I will occasionally call out another customer if I feel they are acting like a brat because someone made a slight error or that they didn't get their food in an unrealistic amount of time.

But there is no way ordering a burger with a regular sized fry should take 10 to 20 minutes. Every single time I tried. I figured maybe it was just one particular location. So when my girlfriend and I went to go eat, she felt like Burger King and we went in, but it was at a different location. There were three people working. The manager hid in the back. He said he would be with us in a moment. He continued to hide in the back. We left.

Okay, so maybe it was that area in general that sucked. The one by my parent's house was always cool when I was a kid. NOPE! Inattentive workers and another 20 minute wait for a very simple order.

Haven't been to one since.

NorthernChaosGod
04-16-2013, 07:10 PM

Five Guys fries suck. o_O

Mirage
04-16-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't exactly prefer one over the other, but assuming this situation was in my area I would go to McDonalds for one simple reason:

All the BKs around here are super slow. Keep in mind that I am absurdly patient when it comes to food service. In fact, I will occasionally call out another customer if I feel they are acting like a brat because someone made a slight error or that they didn't get their food in an unrealistic amount of time.

But there is no way ordering a burger with a regular sized fry should take 10 to 20 minutes. Every single time I tried. I figured maybe it was just one particular location. So when my girlfriend and I went to go eat, she felt like Burger King and we went in, but it was at a different location. There were three people working. The manager hid in the back. He said he would be with us in a moment. He continued to hide in the back. We left.

Okay, so maybe it was that area in general that sucked. The one by my parent's house was always cool when I was a kid. NOPE! Inattentive workers and another 20 minute wait for a very simple order.

Haven't been to one since.

I don't find BK to be any slower than McD here. This also reminded me of a probably relevant point: There might be huge regional differences between fast food chain restaurants. Maybe BK sucks dick in most of the US compared to in Norway? Who would know?! Not many. I mean after all, there's probably not a single ingredient used in our BK burgers that come from the same place as a BK burger made in California. Except maybe the ketchup.

NeoCracker
04-16-2013, 09:21 PM
I've been to McDonalds in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, and a few random places between Idaho and Illinois.

All of these places the difference was minimal. :p

Mirage
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah but those places are all in America.

kotora
04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
There's big differences in McDonalds burgers between European countries. Italian, Spanish, Eastern European McDonalds are pretty good, Western European and Portuguese McDonalds are shit. It has to do (probs among other things) with their meat industry.

Loony BoB
04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it's all about the country. I know NZ, UK, US and Spanish McDonalds are all rather different.

Unbreakable Will
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Burger King, their fries are better and their burgers more filling.

fire_of_avalon
04-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Burger King if I have to choose between those and only those two. They have good chicken sandwiches.

Agent Proto
04-21-2013, 02:02 AM

But they make their fries fresh, unlike McD's and BK. Despite that, I'm not too big on them. They usually give too many.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2013, 02:32 AM

But they make their fries fresh, unlike McD's and BK. Despite that, I'm not too big on them. They usually give too many.

Well so does In N Out and their fries are better.

Pheesh
04-21-2013, 04:28 AM

sfvoFa4phO4

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2013, 05:39 AM

sfvoFa4phO4

Yeah, your mom likes it when I do. :colbert:

Pheesh
04-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Terrible. Go sit in the corner and think about how bad that was. :doublecolbert:

Jinx
04-21-2013, 01:49 PM

Your complaint is that they give too MANY?

Dude, just order a small. Or throw what you don't want away? They're like $2.50. If you don't eat them all, you still got your money's worth.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Terrible. Go sit in the corner and think about how bad that was. :doublecolbert:

You're not my real dad!

Agent Proto
04-21-2013, 08:30 PM

Dude, just order a small. Or throw what you don't want away? They're like $2.50. If you don't eat them all, you still got your money's worth.

Five Guys don't do small fries. It's either regular or large. No small. I wasn't really complaining about the portion, I was just trying to point it out.

Denmark
04-21-2013, 09:17 PM

Five Guys don't do small fries. It's either regular or large. No small. I wasn't really complaining about the portion, I was just trying to point it out.

actually, they've recently added a small size called "little". so

Jinx
04-21-2013, 09:32 PM

Shorty
04-21-2013, 09:35 PM

animal style fuck yessssssss

NorthernChaosGod
04-22-2013, 03:05 AM

animal style fuck yessssssss

I was talking about plain fries, but fuck yeah animal style fries are better. At certain times I'd rather eat the fries than the burger.

Agent Proto
04-22-2013, 03:08 AM

Oh ffs, how would I have known about this? I don't fucking eat Five Guys daily to know this shit.

kotora
04-24-2013, 09:33 PM
McDonald's hamburger looks the same after 14 years - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10015137/McDonalds-hamburger-looks-the-same-after-14-years.html) :monster:

Formalhaut
04-24-2013, 09:44 PM
But, despite bids reaching close to $2,000 (£1,300), he and his family decided to keep the product for educational use.

What a stupid, stupid man. There were bids for over a grand, for a smurfing hamburger, and he kept it for some 'educational use'. What profit he could have achieved! I know what my business venture is going to be.

Shorty
04-24-2013, 09:46 PM
the smurf

educational use? What educational use do you get out of a fourteen year-old burger that you can't get from a photo of it?

Formalhaut
04-24-2013, 09:52 PM
the smurf

educational use? What educational use do you get out of a fourteen year-old burger that you can't get from a photo of it?

Probably the only good purpose I could do with that burger (besides cashing in that grand) is to go to Macdonalds with a friend. Offer to go collect and order the food like a good friend. While the friend is waiting, you go get the food on that tray and slyly replace the fresh burger he ordered (or you ordered for him) and in it's place the 14-year old burger.

Allow him to clearly not notice the difference, and see if he tastes the difference. If he doesn't, after his meal, with a huge grin inform him that was the 14-year old burger he ate.

:smug:

blackmage_nuke
04-25-2013, 01:36 AM
the smurf

Chemical analysis to find the secret of imortallity?

Shorty
04-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Seems legit.

Pheesh
04-25-2013, 01:50 AM
McDonald's hamburger looks the same after 14 years - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10015137/McDonalds-hamburger-looks-the-same-after-14-years.html) :monster:

That's weird, mine look really different usually after a couple days /smug