PDA

View Full Version : Foods you hate?

Aulayna
04-01-2013, 07:29 AM
What foods do you really dislike?

For me it's generally most stuff with coconut in it. Can't stand the stuff... it tastes like this one time I managed to inhale a load of dust...

qwertysaur
04-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Peanuts and Almonds. Blech.

Madame Adequate
04-01-2013, 08:36 AM
I've really gone off stir fry.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Crab. Even when I try not to hate it and eat it, my body rejects it. Not allergic reaction but I feel like vomiting. :(

Pike
04-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Ketchup is the worst thing invented by man and I never want to see or smell it again just thinking about it makes me want to retch

I dislike carrots and raisins as well but at least I can be in the same room with them

blackmage_nuke
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Any chinese food where they get a deliciously cooked piece of meat and inexplicably chop it into pieces through the bone leaving little bits of bone shrapnel to ruin my meal

Pheesh
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
For me it's a texture thing, so things like zucchini, eggplant and pumpkin/carrot/sweet potato that has been overcooked and turned into mush. It makes me gag.

Jinx
04-01-2013, 01:36 PM
-ONIONS WHYYYY
-Squash
-Turnips
-Sweet potatoes
-Beets
-Radishes

maybee
04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Onions. They're just way too crunchy and flavourless. It just feels like torture every-time. Also Donuts, they just look like " Hey, we are going to make you fat if you eat us " all that sugar and things.

Burtsplurt
04-02-2013, 08:18 AM
I had the winter vomiting Norovirus a few years back. The last thing I ate before puking was cous cous. Now the thought of it just makes me feel horrible.

Miriel
04-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Omg, how do you hate donuts?!

I used to be way more picky than I am these days. I used to hate squash and carrots and broccoli. Now I love 'em all.

The only food that literally makes me barf is cilantro.

fire_of_avalon
04-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Onion, mushroom, mango, coleslaw and potato salad. And shrimp. Are the devil.

Night Fury
04-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Pickled Beetroots because I literally can't stomach the smell... D:

And Mayo, I hate hate hate hate it. I've gotten better with it, but seriously... even the smell... YUCK.

Loony BoB
04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
There are a few foods I dislike, such as brussel sprouts, but I can still eat them without much trouble. The below foods, though, are foods I want to spit out and brush my teeth over.

Mushroom - annoyingly, I can even taste this when it's diced up and mixed with meat. It ruins so many chilli con carne for me, it's infuriating. I wish I liked mushroom sauce, too, because of how many delicious things get doused in it.

Avocado (and guacamole) - I wish I liked guacamole, though. Same with sour cream (although I can at least stomach sour cream). There are a lot of good mexican foods which have guacamole, salsa and sour cream on them out there and I always end up being restricted to one dip. How unfair is that? :(

Asparagus - Just don't like it. *shrug*

Promite and Marmite - yet I love Vegemite.

Bamboo - While I can eat it, I don't understand the desire to eat it. It's purely filler food.

Onion - But only if it's not sliced down correctly. I just don't like the texture at all when it's in large pieces. I actually find this more annoying than anything, and perhaps some people like large onion pieces but I always feel like it's just a result of a lazy chef who can't chop an onion right (of course, right means 'the way I like it' at all times :D).

Marmalade is something I've not tried in a very long time, so I'm not sure how I'd feel about it now, but last time I tried it, I didn't like it at all.

Liqorice. The black type. Yuck.

Cherry. Oh, the number of times I've thought I was eating something that was berry flavoured and then bit down and realised. Get it out! Get it out! Yuck. Cherry is horrible.

Karaage - I've perhaps stupidly tried this twice now (thought it might be better from a different place) and urgh, it's terrible. I don't get it. Maybe both places were doing it wrong? Or maybe just far too heavy on some ingredient, or something? I don't mind soy sauce, I adore garlic, ginger is alright... what's not to like? Gah. Just not to my tastes, I guess.

I think that covers things for the most part... oh, prawns. I don't like prawns. Shrimps aren't great, either... I can eat a few shrimp in a heavy sauce, but not many and certainly not on their own.

Miriel
04-02-2013, 11:42 AM
There are a few foods I dislike, such as brussel sprouts, but I can still eat them without much trouble.
How do you usually eat these?

Because everyone I know who complains about brussel sprouts don't cook them correctly. Try this recipe and report back: Momofuku's Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Fish Sauce Vinaigrette recipe from Food52 (http://food52.com/recipes/19682-momofuku-s-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-fish-sauce-vinaigrette)

Loony BoB
04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
They seem to be commonly served with roast meals you order in pubs etc. over here, and I don't feel they are suited to it. At least I can coat them in gravy. The taste is just rubbish, though, on their own. I know someone who loves them, though, so I guess to each their own.

I'd probably be fine eating brussel sprouts with a good, fitting sauce that took away most of the brussel sprout flavour. :p But as mentioned, I still eat them when they're in front of me... I don't like leaving food on my plate.

Pumpkin
04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Onions. They have their place in stews and salsas, but that's where it ends. Also, seafood. The only seafood I can put in my mouth without wanting to vomit and needing to wash my mouth out with better tasting soap for a long period of time is tuna. And I'm not a big fan of that either.

Jinx
04-02-2013, 06:53 PM
I hate cilantro too, Miriel!

Faris
04-02-2013, 07:10 PM
PICKLES. CARROTS. WHY ARE CARROTS CONSTANTLY INVADING MY VEGETABLE MIX?!

Jinx
04-02-2013, 07:14 PM
llama beans