PDA

View Full Version : New Beta Invite (can't access beta forums)

stragee
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
So I just got my beta invitation today. However I'm unable to join the beta forums seemingly because I haven't logged in for over 30 days. I get the error message:

"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

What did the alpha testers do? The server has been down for some time now so of course I haven't logged in. I'm curious if any of the rest of you have experienced this.

Ouch!
04-02-2013, 01:23 AM
I vaguely remember hearing that some people had trouble with same problem early in phase one. I'm looking around trying to find the solution, but I'm not finding something. SE had posted an official workaround somewhere.

Loony BoB
04-02-2013, 09:15 AM
If it's not resolved within the next 24-48 hours, I'd raise a support ticket with Square Enix regarding it. I had this problem a long time ago, but not anytime recently... I imagine that you might have this kind of issue accessing the main (public) XIV forums but I can't imagine why it would happen in the Beta forums.

EDIT: Have you made certain to add the Beta access to your Square Enix account?

stragee
04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
If it's not resolved within the next 24-48 hours, I'd raise a support ticket with Square Enix regarding it. I had this problem a long time ago, but not anytime recently... I imagine that you might have this kind of issue accessing the main (public) XIV forums but I can't imagine why it would happen in the Beta forums.

EDIT: Have you made certain to add the Beta access to your Square Enix account?

I have very little faith in support systems online in general when it comes to gaming. I've nearly written off joining the beta, but yeah in a couple of days it may be worth trying at least. I imagine getting typical copy/pasted responses involving the knowledge base and various worthless things of that nature.

I have tried that actually. I followed the email instructions again and tried adding the serial key, but instead of telling me it was added, it said "this key is already in use" confirming I added it. Thanks for offering a couple of ideas! I figured this forum might be a hot spot for this, but it seems I'm the only one. =)

Loony BoB
04-02-2013, 09:42 AM
For what it's worth, last time this particular issue came up (for FFXIV's public forums) it was quickly resolved. Also, the support system may be debatable but I've heard people talking about how they raised a ticket and got a reply (and resolution) within a couple of days, which isn't terrible by any means. I think it just comes down to luck and volume of people saying they have an issue. The upside of that volume is that if enough people do say they have an issue then it gets treated as a major incident at their end and is far more likely to be resolved in a speedy manner.

stragee
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
For what it's worth, last time this particular issue came up (for FFXIV's public forums) it was quickly resolved. Also, the support system may be debatable but I've heard people talking about how they raised a ticket and got a reply (and resolution) within a couple of days, which isn't terrible by any means. I think it just comes down to luck and volume of people saying they have an issue. The upside of that volume is that if enough people do say they have an issue then it gets treated as a major incident at their end and is far more likely to be resolved in a speedy manner.

I decided to put my brain on this again. I ended up solving the mystery by just playing around in my final fantasy account. I had to have the old key security token removed earlier today before I posted this thread because I didn't have it anymore. Now I can just use my phone as a token.

Oddly customer service said they had to "disable" my service and do something else in order for her to remove my old key completely. I just went in moments ago and restored my service..and got back my "onion helm" bonus too. I assumed that she did something server side, so I never would have guessed I could just go in myself and re-enable everything. Strangest thing I think I've ever seen. It would have been nice of her to mention that at the time, but eh for what she likely gets paid I'm probably lucky she was even somewhat pleasant to talk to. =)

This likely don't happen a lot, but everyone is NDA nuts on the official forums and won't talk about anything account related..so maybe this post will help someone else that falls into similar circumstances.

Loony BoB
04-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Glad it got sorted out. :)

Xannidel
04-05-2013, 03:20 AM
I got my email on Monday as well and I was so scared it was an April's Fools day prank.