PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo gets a sequel

charliepanayi
04-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I think it was already known there would be a sequel, but now there's a title and release date etc.

Nemo Sequel Is Finding Dory | Movie News | Empire (http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37003)

Out in 2015 - so what do we think? Too many sequels/prequels from Pixar, or will this and Monsters University be more Toy Story 2/3 and less Cars 2?

Del Murder
04-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Monsters U. will be more like Toy Story 2.
Finding Dory will be more like Cars 2.

Neither of them will be even close to Toy Story 3. I don't think Pixar will ever top TS3.

I'm not too worried about the number of sequels since the article does say they have 3 originals in the works.

charliepanayi
04-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I'm not worried about these sequels/prequels myself, though any reason why you have more optimism for Monsters University than Finding Dory?

Give us an Incredibles sequel Pixar!

Jinx
04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I personally feel like there was more of a story/world left open with Monsters than there was Finding Nemo. Finding Dory? Ugh.

Also, I wanted Monsters, Inc. to get a SEQUEL. Not a prequel.

Night Fury
04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Urgh. I liked Finding Nemo... But it was no Wall-E or Up.

Pheesh
04-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Some of the Australian accents are hilarious, so I hope there's a lot more of that and she doesn't get lost in the fucking Caribbean or something.

Jinx
04-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Some of the Australian accents are hilarious, so I hope there's a lot more of that and she doesn't get lost in the smurfing Caribbean or something.

Pirates of the Carribean V: Finding Dory

Denmark
04-02-2013, 11:29 PM
I wasn't the hugest fan of Finding Nemo. Not that it's a bad movie or anything, I just never really saw a need to watch it multiple times. I probably won't go out of my way to watch the sequel.

To me the most entertaining part of the movie is the fact that there's a woman on some local news channel here whose name is, I shit you not, Dori Marlin. (4th hottest female newscaster in the Albany area, apparently (http://q103albany.com/the-hottest-female-news-anchor-in-the-albany-area/))

Ouch!
04-03-2013, 01:48 AM
Since being purchased outright by Disney, Pixar has commissioned four sequels/prequels and four original movies. I'm fine with a schedule alternating between the two, especially given that Pixar is still 2/3 on quality sequels.

Del Murder
04-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I'm not worried about these sequels/prequels myself, though any reason why you have more optimism for Monsters University than Finding Dory?

I personally feel like there was more of a story/world left open with Monsters than there was Finding Nemo. Finding Dory? Ugh.
Pretty much that, and also my own personal preference.

DMKA
04-03-2013, 03:52 AM
I was 99.9% sure this was an April Fools joke, but it's apparently it's not.

I'm actually looking very forward to it. Dory was my favorite part of Finding Nemo. :<3:

maybee
04-03-2013, 06:41 AM
I think it's because of Dory's voice actor complaining all the time that they made more Toy Stories and Cars movies and not any more Finding Nemo's.

Ellen I love you, but Finding Nemo was great alone.

This. UP was epic. :love:

blackmage_nuke
04-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Some of the Australian accents are hilarious, so I hope there's a lot more of that and she doesn't get lost in the fucking Caribbean or something.

Set in part along the California coastline

charliepanayi
04-03-2013, 08:58 AM
I think it's because of Dory's voice actor complaining all the time that they made more Toy Stories and Cars movies and not any more Finding Nemo's.

Ellen I love you, but Finding Nemo was great alone.

This. UP was epic. :love:

I don't think Ellen DeGeneres has that much influence over what Pixar decide to make.

Shlup
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Most of what worked with Finding Nemo was Dory and Marlin's pairing. I am hesitant to be pleased.

Pike
04-06-2013, 10:29 AM
I actually think this has the potential to be great. Pixar's track record for in-house sequels is pretty good so far and Cars was never their best movie to begin with (although I did like the original)

krissy
04-10-2013, 05:23 AM
http://img8.joyreactor.com/pics/post/auto-340128.jpeg

Bubba
04-10-2013, 12:05 PM
if Toy Story 3 is anything to go by then every Pixar release should automatically get two sequels.

Jinx
04-10-2013, 04:58 PM
http://img8.joyreactor.com/pics/post/auto-340128.jpeg

1000's of miles

smh

Unbreakable Will
04-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Gross, I hated the original. Sorry folks. So a sequel isn't even on the radar for me. Finding Dori? No thank you, how about we find some better material instead?

Also, I'd love to see an Incredibles sequel.

Shorty
04-11-2013, 12:02 AM
I'm sure they will replace Marlin's sidekick with someone else - probably Nemo himself, who will be a bit older at this point and we'll see father/son interactions and the difficulties of being a single parent instead of father/outside the family interactions and the social adventures that come with that. The first film showed the obstacles Marlin had to overcome to break through the emotional barriers he built up since he lost his wife and his family and this next film could be about bringing him and his son closer. I feel like Disney has been thinking outside the norm of the tradition Disney families and characters and I'd like it if they could really hone in on the broken family aspect between Nemo and Marlin.

But this is all speculation. I loved Finding Nemo and I have hope this will be good.

Shiny
04-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Never really liked Toy Story or Monster's Inc, but I did enjoy Finding Nemo. Finding Dory definitely won't be an Up or WALL E, but it will probably be enjoyable. I actually preferred Toy Story 3 out of all the other Toy Stories. I hated the first one.