PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of Terrifyingly Incorrect Scenarios

Unbreakable Will
04-04-2013, 05:04 PM
So I just had the strangest nightmare to date, woke up in a cold sweat after my mind decided to throw this together;

I was laying down on my bed in my old apartment, which was creepy as smurf anyway, when a black soul-gem from Skyrim plopped into my lap. So naturally I picked it up and immediately started hearing voices in my head and watched in horror as it melded into my skin... some of the details are hazy now that I've been awake for a while but the gist of it was that the soul gem was haunted by the soul of a crazy witch who wanted to drive people insane. She succeeded in driving me batty and as I ran out of my apartment screaming like a madman, I woke up. (Not exactly terrifying but it was scary to me because I have a crippling fear of losing my mind.)

Yeah, this is the kind of trout I deal with from my own damned subconscious. Not only does it actively taunt me about going crazy it gets the function of soul-gems wrong. :mad:

Tell me about crazy dreams/nightmares you have had.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
When I was very young, I had a dream Jaws bit me in half. That didn't wake me up though, oh no. I could feel him bite me in half and proceeded to feel the cold sea water stinging and gurgling around my exposed organs for a little while.

Then I woke up screaming from physical pain, because my ab muscles were cramping so badly. They were sore for the next day or two.

I've never had many bad dreams, but that one really did seem real. :-/

Psychotic
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I had a dream I bludgeoned one of my work colleagues to death in the office with a bowling pin. Before anyone says it, I have no ill feelings whatsoever towards them, I actually do like them, so I have no idea what the fuck. The dream didn't "show" me doing this, I just knew that I had done that, and their body was lying next to my pod.

I was like... fuck, what have I done? I can't describe the feeling of sheer panic and desperation. Why the fuck did I do that? What possible reason made me do this? Oh shit my life is fucked up now. It's ruined - one brief moment has seen it all be for nothing, my life is a waste. What can I do? Can I run to Brazil, or...?

Then other colleagues are wondering where this person is, why they are late for work... despite the body being RIGHT THERE. And I'm just playing along, suggesting traffic might be to blame, all while my insides are doing knots.

I woke up and man that was fucked up, very intense. It took a few seconds to realise my life wasn't over. Looking back on it, it's interesting that the dream was more about me and how I had fucked up my life rather than the taking of someone else's - I didn't feel remorse for that, just remorse for me. I think the killing was just a vehicle to that and as I say, the killing didn't even appear in the dream. Still, hard not to feel like a sociopath all the same. I really don't want to kill any of my work colleagues, honest! :shobon: Actually, that depends on whether you would consider EoFF staff members to be work colleagues too... ;)

Unbreakable Will
04-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Jesus Psy, at least my murder dreams allow for remorse for the other people! Haha

qwertysaur
04-05-2013, 07:35 AM
I had a really strong night terror once a couple years ago. I woke up, sat up and was repeating the words "I can't do it" over and over for half an hour. It was really scary and while I have no recollection of the actual night terror, I remember it being scarier than anything I've ever encountered.

Faris
04-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Recently I dreamed that Laddy and TSoL left me user notes and another one I hung out with Psychotic OH THE HORROR!

I had night terrors frequently throughout College and the last bunch that my subconscious ever so kindly bestowed upon me were last summer. They mostly consisted of chase, monsters trying to kill me, or spooky ghost stuff. One I remember waking up trying to scream (I was screaming but wasn't making any sound) from had to do with a ghost/banshee thing.

Thank goodness for lucid dreaming because I'll think "Oh, I'm dreaming. Wonder where this is going" then when things escalate too much "...NUH HUH NO MORE OF THIS WAKE UP"

Unbreakable Will
04-05-2013, 03:07 PM
It's odd how common night terrors are, I had them as a child and they would get pretty violent (well, I would) and on one occasion beat the smurf out of my step-dad in my sleep. I think I was seven or something and he made the mistake of trying to wake me up.

Dumbass. :greenie:

Jinx
04-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm pretty sure those are just really bad nightmares. I have night terrors, and one pretty key defining factor that everyone with night terrors shares is that you're consciously aware of what's going on around you. You're awake, but you're not. You can even open your eyes and see things, but you can't wake up.

Pike
04-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I was laying down on my bed in my old apartment, which was creepy as smurf anyway, when a black soul-gem from Skyrim plopped into my lap. So naturally I picked it up and immediately started hearing voices in my head

HAHA HAVE FUN IN THE SOUL CAIRN

(at least you can hang out with Jiub though)

Shlup
04-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Last night I dreamt that I had a passionate affair with Peter Dinklage. Not crazy, but it was an awesome dream so you have to hear about it. He was absolutely mad about me.

P.S. Dream-BJ was mildly irritated but he understood and kept some of Peter's favorite foods in the freezer.

Shorty
04-06-2013, 04:50 AM
he understood, rofl

Jinx
04-06-2013, 05:00 AM
BJ's a good guy.

I think most husbands would, though. IT'S PETER DINKLAGE.

Pike
04-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Last night I dreamt that I had a passionate affair with Peter Dinklage.

WHAT

I AM SO JEALOUS

Madame Adequate
04-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah I'd only be upset because I'd be jealous. Of her, not of him.

Shlup
04-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Thank you for clarifying. :mymelbert:

Psychotic
04-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Last night I dreamt that I had a passionate affair with Peter Dinklage. Consider, if you will, just who it is at EoFF who uses Mr Dinklage's visage to identify himself and then the meaning of this dream becomes pretty clear. :aimkiss:

Shlup
04-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh god smurfing dammit. I forgot about that completely. Thanks for almost spoiling one of the best dreams I ever had!

Only 'almost' though.

Psychotic
04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
The Shlup doth quack too much, me thinks. :flirt:

XxSephirothxX
04-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Thankfully it's kind of faded from memory now, but sometime in the last year I had probably the most vivid dream of my life, and it involved someone's face being graphically busted open. The kind of shit you'd only see in really gross grindhouse/exploitation flicks, but it looked/felt completely real in the dream. I don't think I was the one doing the murdering. Guess it didn't make a lasting impression, but the next morning I was really disturbed.

Unbreakable Will
04-07-2013, 05:40 PM
I was laying down on my bed in my old apartment, which was creepy as smurf anyway, when a black soul-gem from Skyrim plopped into my lap. So naturally I picked it up and immediately started hearing voices in my head

HAHA HAVE FUN IN THE SOUL CAIRN

(at least you can hang out with Jiub though)

Damn that puffed up Jiub, he never stops talking about his greatness.

Had another one, an amalgamation of Pokemon/American Dad and Arachnophobia. Prof. Oak forced my Eevee to evolve into a Vaporeon and laughed maniacally about it, for some reason Roger (the alien) was there and attempted to kill everyone over some candy and suddenly there was goddamned spiders everywhere.

The fuck is going on. :|