PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Shows

Calliope
04-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Are they great, inspirational, a tease, or just good telly fodder?

I'm quite partial to Gordon Ramsay screaming at everyone, myself. And the South Park sendup on televised chefery was glorious. Hey, whatever happened to The Chef?

Jinx
04-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Rachel Ray can die in a firebrick oven.

Night Fury
04-04-2013, 11:35 PM
COME DINE WITH ME.

I actually love cooking shows, they're perfect lazy day television.

Denmark
04-04-2013, 11:38 PM
the only COOKING show i'll enjoy watching is Iron Chef. i don't really care for the other ones because most of the time i don't actually care how the food is made.

I do like shows about food that's already been made though. one time i was watching food network and there was an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives about barbecue and then an episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate about barbecue and so then we went out for barbecue and it was amazing

Shorty
04-05-2013, 12:00 AM
I like elimination cooking shows and anything Gordon Ramsay does. They're interesting, but they're mostly a tease for when I'm super hungry but too lazy to make anything.

qwertysaur
04-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Chopped and Iron Chef. :quina:

Pheesh
04-06-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't care how much crap people give him, I love Jamie Oliver and everything he does with a fiery, burning, man-passion.

But yeah, I love most cooking shows, you either learn something new when it's a serious one, or are very entertained as you watch people cry and chop off their own fingers in those crazy elimination ones.