PDA

View Full Version : Replayability

Loony BoB
04-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Back in 2010 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/131798-replayability.html), despite really enjoying FFXIII, I stated that there is no replayability in this game. Having now waited three years before watching Danielle pick it up and start playing it, I would like to declare my previous statement incorrect. This game might not have anything that will be notably different the second time you play it, but if you wait long enough between playthroughs it is just as enjoyable as ever. Danielle has handed me the controller on many occasions when someone calls her, she's making dinner or whatever and I find myself looking forward to helping out on occasion. She's finished the game now and we're getting to the point that we can probably start taking out Adamantoise without using the Death trick. All in all, this is a fun game and if anything, knowing what is coming next makes it easier to enjoy things at times.

Anyone else attempted to replay this recently?

NeoCracker
04-05-2013, 12:15 PM
:lol:

Sephiroth
04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
With Kimi ga iru kara in the background I love it. I have started it again when the year began but for now I have other things to do.

Del Murder
04-05-2013, 05:08 PM
I will probably never replay FFXIII. There's just too many other games I haven't played to replay a game I didn't really care for. Also, the game has little replayability due to the very linear structure of it. There's little variety you can add in a second play through.

Formalhaut
04-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I have played it again before. It's okay. I guess. It's very hard to replay. You need commitment, given that it's incredibly linear and little in the way of characterisation.

Elly
04-05-2013, 09:12 PM
i've replayed it once already, but plan to replay it again, i still haven't gotten Platinum on it yet... once i get that Platinum Trophy i may let it rest for a long long time...

Bolivar
04-08-2013, 03:08 AM
I really didn't think I would either at first but I was moving my PS3 between rooms not too long ago and caught myself just staring at the cover. I actually booted it up to the intro/menu and got kind of entranced by the music and just how gorgeous the game is. I could see myself replaying it eventually, if not soon.

I'm not sure why the linearity would be an issue. All the FF's are linear. Certainly not to XIII's roller-coaster extent, but I play them all for the story, and the differentiation, for me, comes from party set-ups, customization, etc.

DMKA
04-10-2013, 03:31 PM
I've replayed it, in it's entirety, three times. The only other Final Fantasy games I've played through that many times are VI, VII and X.

I find it extremely enjoyable and have been itching to replay it again as of late. I just love the game. :love:

LocoColt04
04-10-2013, 05:15 PM
I love love love the style, believe it or not, but agree that it lacks a lot of true replayability. Only desire I've got to push through that again would be to go for the 100% completion, but that's something I can work on in bits and pieces between other games. I thought the game was quite good, but there's little room for variance.

I will go through it a second time sometime in the future, but no rush. (I do need to finish getting the rest of the endings for XIII-2 before LR, though...)

Raistlin
04-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Like Del, I doubt I'll ever replay FFXIII. There were certainly parts I enjoyed, but I agree with your original assessment that the game has no replay value. I don't think I'd even be able to stomach playing through the horrific writing of the last 4-5 chapters.

Formalhaut
04-13-2013, 02:19 AM
I will go through it a second time sometime in the future, but no rush. (I do need to finish getting the rest of the endings for XIII-2 before LR, though...)

The thing with XIII-2 is that I couldn't really play that again either. I've got a platinum trophy on it. I don't really have much reason to play it again.

What made XII so good is that there were SO many ways to play it. There's NLB, Perfect game, 1122333 games, probably others I haven't thought of yet, is that you can replay it over and over with a newer, and harder, setup. The FFXIII series is alot more inflexible in that regard.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Actually, I am doing so right now. Restarted it the other night. Was fun! :D It is nice because I was sorta tipsy/buzed the first time I played it for the first four hours...Also, did not have a nice HDTV at the time either! :D

blackmage_nuke
04-18-2013, 04:22 AM
I think I wouldve if there was a new game plus feature so i could charge through the battles and maybe understand the story beyond chapter 9 on my second playthrough. But as it stands I dont really want to go through the grinding I went through the first time even though it wasnt really all necessary. I dont know how long I spent in the hallway with alarm sirens going off because it was the best place to collect credit chips

Depression Moon
04-18-2013, 08:30 PM

1122333 games

What the hell is this

Formalhaut
04-19-2013, 09:57 PM
1122333 games

What the hell is this

Allow me to enlighten you! Otherwise known as a low level game, you essentially keep Vaan at level 1. When Fran and Balthier join you, they are at level 2, and when the other three join, guess what, their at level 3! The challenge is to essentially never level up ever. This is why it's called 122333. I accidently added an extra one first time!

I'm not going to babble up about tactics, so I'll let the trusty guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/46465) tell you stuff. Pro tip: Bubble is your friend.

Loony BoB
04-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Is that even possible? How could that be possible?

EDIT: Ohhhh, Firefly accessory.

Zeiferxx
05-05-2013, 02:07 PM
I beat it again just before FFXIII-2 came out to remember the storyline and it was fun. Because of the graphics and battle system this game can be played again and again.