PDA

View Full Version : eavesdropping in public.

Jowy
04-06-2013, 04:39 AM
some people are louder than others in public and you unintentionally hear them. most recently, we heard another restaurant patron loudly proclaiming that she "told him to quit sleeping around and buying stolen property." Not many people need that advice, or so you'd think. What are some amusing things you've heard others say?

Jinx
04-06-2013, 04:40 AM
I swear I wasn't droppin' no eaves, sir!

Shlup
04-06-2013, 04:43 AM
I love eavesdropping. BJ and I had a fabulous date a few months ago where we spend the entire time eavesdropping on the date next to us. I guess it was this girl visiting from out of town, and the guy very blatantly trying to get into her pants, but they both were seeing other people so she was just leading him on and lapping up the attention. She'd giggle and flip her hair and talk about herself, and then coyly ask how his girlfriend was doing, which he'd respond to by very unsmoothly changing the subject. We were very entertained.

Agent Proto
04-06-2013, 04:44 AM
While at the hospital, I was in the hallway with this old man and this cop who was watching him. They were talking and stuff. Don't really remember what, but another cop walked by to talk with the cop (I assume they're partners) and they mentioned some number. Since I was there, one of them walked by me and said to me "Don't forget that number, okay?"

I smiled and gave a thumbs up. Not sure what the hell to say. :P

Shorty
04-06-2013, 05:05 AM
I get excited when I hear raised voices. I can't think of anything specific, though.

can't not drop this link in here though (http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/?)

Mirage
04-06-2013, 10:49 AM
I eavesdrop all the time. It is super fun. My headphones don't have a lot of sound insulation, so sometimes I just turn my music off and pretend like I can't hear any of what the persons right next to me are talking about.

Sephex
04-06-2013, 11:47 AM
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Anyway, I think I am at the other end of this sort of thing. I often wonder what people who are ignorant of video games must think when they overhear me saying something like, "So I cleared out the room and only got shot once!"

Also, I swear the waitresses love to pick the exact time to check on customers when the conversation is having reached its maximum awkward level.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-06-2013, 10:38 PM
I can't remember anything specific, but I know I've heard funny comments from things like that before.

It doesn't count as eavesdropping, but one day I checked the voicemail on my cell phone. A security supervisor had left me a message. Only it wasn't meant for me, because I am not the Anderson mall. The message proceeded to inform that the new security system installation had gone well, and the actual codes for a few different parts of the security grid. :mwahaha:

So yeah, I never did anything because I'm all moral and honest. What a goober.

~*~Celes~*~
04-06-2013, 11:49 PM
i love eavesdropping. I love having information. At the mall one day, i heard a girl say 'I keep my vagina in my pants." Oh the things people say.

NorthernChaosGod
04-07-2013, 03:06 AM
At work I hear some of the funniest fucking things from the kids. I can't remember a specific example though.

Agent Proto
04-07-2013, 03:09 AM
Don't you hate it when you hear your name being said and you look to see if it's somebody you know but it turns out to be some stranger talking to someone else sharing your name? Yeah, I do hate that.

Iceglow
04-12-2013, 12:34 AM
I couldn't eavesdrop if I tried, my headphones are too damn good. What can I say, economically developed country issues.

Shiny
04-12-2013, 01:05 AM
I love eavesdropping. BJ and I had a fabulous date a few months ago where we spend the entire time eavesdropping on the date next to us.

I love to do this, but then instead of just listening, we'll mouth what they're saying and make exaggerated movements.

I mean what, I'm forever alone!

Rebellious Eagle
04-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Actually a few hours ago I was at dinner with some friends and some ghetto chicks behind us were basically screaming obscenities while having a civil discussion with each other about dudes they had problems with. It was pretty awful.

krissy
04-12-2013, 03:03 AM
"Ugh, I really need to wash my jeans."
"Yeah I never wash my jeans either they last forever."
"I've been going commando though so the crotch is really crusty and hard, they're getting hard to put on."
"Oh I see."

Mirage
04-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Sounds like my kind of girl.

Unbreakable Will
04-12-2013, 04:08 PM
I rarely acknowledge what others are doing or saying unless it's something absolutely outrageous, a friend of mine tends to not only eavesdrop but jump in and wreck people's conversations on a regular basis though.

:jess:

Iceglow
04-12-2013, 09:58 PM
lmao Will on the rare occasion I haven't got headphones on I tend to wind up involved in some people's convos quite easily mostly because I'll end up laughing at something funny. I have met several friends and even a few girlfriends this way. That or when shopping and a cute girl leaves a bookstore same time as me with an awesome book I know, I might be like "that books pretty damn cool" just an offhand comment but I've never failed to get a smile, a response and a convo from it.