PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese food

Jinx
04-06-2013, 05:26 AM
My friend Han (who is Vietnamese) and I are going to have Vietnamese food on Tuesday. I've never had it, which is why I asked her to go with me. She's always posting these really good looking things on Facebook. I think she sort of wants me blind going in, but

Any suggestions?

DK
04-06-2013, 05:54 AM
the only vietnamese thing I've ever eaten is this vietnamese duck legs cooked in like a sauce made primarily with orange juice but also plenty of spices and flavourings etc and it was awesome.

Shorty
04-06-2013, 06:07 AM
pho pho pho pho pho!

I dare you to try to finish all of it.

Miriel
04-06-2013, 06:44 AM
I don't love pho like other people do. It's very eeehhhh to me.

I looove sticky rice with coconut milk.

I Took the Red Pill
04-06-2013, 07:28 PM
You'll probably have pho since it's like the classic dish, which I think is a bit overrated. But Vietnamese food, as a whole, is probably my favorite foreign cuisine. Spices and herbs and key; even if you order something that sounds simple, the way it all works together with the diverse, tangy flavors makes for a wonderful taste. That is, as long as you're going to a pretty legit Vietnamese place, which since your friend is Vietnamese I'm assuming will be the case.

I was lucky enough to have it in Vietnam, but even being there for two weeks wasn't enough to try everything I wanted to. I'm sure I'll be going back again sometime to rampage through their cuisine like Psychotic in a dong factory. Enjoy!

Jinx
04-06-2013, 07:30 PM
I was actually looking at ban boe hue, as it looks delicious.

Pho looks incredible too.

DK
04-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Apparently the duck thing I ate is called Vit nau cam and it's brilliant.

Bolivar
04-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I always get Bun, with as many different meats and spring rolls in it as possible!

It's just vermicelli noodles with a bunch of stuff. Put hot sauce and pepper jelly in it.

Agent Proto
04-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Pho is really good, I usually douse that shit with Srirachi sauce. :D