PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Americans out there

maybee
04-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey Americans. And yes this is a serious thread

> Why do you guys eat Peanut Butter with Jelly ??

Doesn't sound very appealing....

Shauna
04-06-2013, 11:22 AM
They have peanut butter and jam. :3

Sephex
04-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Also, some of us, like me, don't like jam or jelly. I actually prefer to toast peanut butter on bread if I am to have it. I am fat and have punched a terrorist before, so I fit that bill.

Shlup
04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I'll answer if you can tell me why you people are always on about biscuits. Do you have a lot of Red Lobsters over there?

Parker
04-06-2013, 02:00 PM
the differences between americans and british are many and humourous!

wait until you hear about pants!! LoOL

Quindiana Jones
04-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Are you kidding? That sounds like a bloody great idea!

Sephex
04-06-2013, 02:41 PM
the differences between americans and british are many and humourous!

wait until you hear about pants!! LoOL

The war is over, but the battle will be waged on the internet for all time. Bayonets have been replaced with keyboards and cannons with insulting image macros. Instead of soldiers marching in a line firing at each other with little to no accuracy, trolls patrol forums and comment pages with little to no credibility.

fire_of_avalon
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
What you posted is what we call jello/gelatin. Jelly for us is a cross between jello and jam in texture.

Quindiana Jones
04-06-2013, 03:24 PM
muricans r dum

Shorty
04-06-2013, 05:50 PM
That's jello. Also, jam is superior to jelly.

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I wonder if anyone has actually tried penut butter and gelatin. Maybe it's the most wonderful thing ever and no one will ever know because were too busy having a debate over semantics.

Yar
04-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are the best. :love:

I prefer pbj with grape jelly. But I know some people like it with strawberry jam. I just hate strawberries!

Pike
04-06-2013, 08:01 PM
It's peanut butter and jam, it's just called "jelly".

Also, it's delicious.

Shoeberto
04-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Jam and jelly have some technical difference if I'm remembering right, but in practice they could be seen as synonymous in the American vernacular.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Guava jelly is awesome.

Not to be confused with guano jelly. You should probably get that checked out. Weirdo.

Calliope
04-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Why is it so fucking hard to find apricot or plum jam, or marmalade over here? And vegan crumpets? Why the fuck do American companies have to ruin everything by putting gratuitous amounts of milk powder and corn syrup in so many foodstuffs?

/eating homemade scones with strawberry jam, angrily swilling whiskey

Laddy
04-06-2013, 11:21 PM
PB and J go together like LIBERTY and FREEDOM.

NorthernChaosGod
04-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Because fuck you, that's why. :colbert:

Shorty
04-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Why is it so fucking hard to find apricot or plum jam, or marmalade over here? And vegan crumpets? Why the fuck do American companies have to ruin everything by putting gratuitous amounts of milk powder and corn syrup in so many foodstuffs?

My mom is the queen of apricot jam. We still have stores she made over ten years ago. (They should probably be thrown out, but that's how much she made.)

XxSephirothxX
04-07-2013, 04:40 AM

My mom is the queen of apricot jam. We still have stores she made over ten years ago. (They should probably be thrown out, but that's how much she made.)
Someone gave me some homemade apricot jam or preserves or something for Christmas and it was incredibly vile. Like, I had to throw away the toast I'd put it on. I think something went majorly wrong, because I like apricots wow was it bad. I need to taste some good apricot jam to offset it.

maybee
04-07-2013, 08:56 AM
What you posted is what we call jello/gelatin. Jelly for us is a cross between jello and jam in texture.

Ahhhh I see.

Thanks for clearing this up. :)