PDA

View Full Version : OMG STOP

Laddy
04-08-2013, 05:47 PM
My mom messaged me on Facebook with a post like, "Hi Michael my beloved son I love you and I hope you realize that processed food is bad and you should eat organic."

Thanks, mom. I guess?

Do you get random messages from people you know on social networking sites? Like unexplained advice? :kakapo:

Pike
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
My grandpa, bless his heart, sends me conspiracy theory chain emails on a near daily basis. It's usually about how Obama is secretly in the Illuminati or something, I don't even know. I don't have the heart to tell him to stop or block him or anything.

Also recently I posted something about Deus Ex on Facebook and my mom commented "BE SAFE!!" for no reason.

Sephex
04-08-2013, 06:01 PM
My grandpa could make every single post in the "forwards from grandma" subreddit and no one would notice any difference.

Ouch!
04-08-2013, 06:02 PM
It's anecdotes like these that really make me appreciate the fact that my family has the self-awareness to avoid doing cringe-worthy things like this.

Pike
"forwards from grandma" subreddit

I don't reddit but this sounds amazing

Formalhaut
For the two reasons stated above, I do not allow family to be on my facebook. Not even brothers. No family.

I hardly ever get any messages from people, so I couldn't say :p

Unbreakable Will
04-08-2013, 06:13 PM
My grandpa used to send me bigoted emails about Obama and all kinds of other stuff. Sweet southern baptist Jesus he sent those a lot. :mad:

Laddy
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
MY MOM THREW AWAY ALL OF THE FOOD EXCEPT LIKE, THE APPLES. SHE MUST BE STOPPED.

Sephex
04-08-2013, 07:26 PM

Yeah, I'm not really into the reddit community as a whole, but the odd subreddit here and there is worth checking out in my opinion. Not every part of that site is like f712u, like most people who never have been there believe.

Denmark
04-08-2013, 07:31 PM

Yeah, I'm not really into the reddit community as a whole, but the odd subreddit here and there is worth checking out in my opinion. Not every part of that site is like f712u, like most people who never have been there believe.

THAT'S LE ME, JUST DERPING

Agent Proto
04-08-2013, 07:32 PM
This is why I stopped using Facebook, so I don't have family sending me random messages about random stuff that could be embarrassing to me. :P

Sephex
04-08-2013, 07:41 PM

THAT'S LE ME, JUST DERPING

XD

Shorty
04-08-2013, 09:12 PM
This weird lady who has been in love with my dad for as long as I can remember tries to message me to chat every once in a while and sends me links to her Christmas albums to download and trout around the holidays. She keeps sending me friend requests and just won't stop.

escobert
04-09-2013, 01:04 AM
When my mom first got fb she proceeded to reply to everyone of my status updates. She does still post on quite a few of them.

Pike
04-09-2013, 01:19 AM
You guys I have the ultimate sob story about this

My mom followed me on twitter for a while and then one day she got mad at me and unfollowed me

MY MOM UNFOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER

Sephex
04-09-2013, 01:30 AM
This weird lady who has been in love with my dad for as long as I can remember tries to message me to chat every once in a while and sends me links to her Christmas albums to download and trout around the holidays. She keeps sending me friend requests and just won't stop.

I have a similar story. An ex or something that was in contact with my mom ended up stalking my MySpace blog (which shows how long ago this is). Apparently this dude read a few of them and told my mom that, "Your son needs to relax." While I did tend to get caught up with stupid, silly stuff in high frequency back then, I still got annoyed. I thought I made a blog entry calling that guy out, but I couldn't find anything. Though if I did and deleted it I probably said something along the lines how it's pathetic that someone can be so hung up on an ex that they have to stalk their 20something year old son online.

Parker
04-09-2013, 01:35 AM
sometimes people from the internet call me parker on facebook and its pretty weird because up until recently internet people and facebook people were totally separate and i dont like it because then my real life friends will ask me who parker is and its just hell. just hell.

escobert
04-09-2013, 01:37 AM
I get the who's Bert sometime. although some of my high school friends called me Bert :p

Faris
04-09-2013, 01:39 AM
No one in my family loves or hates me enough to do such things. It is spmetimes bliss being the forgotten branch of the family trees.

Jinx
04-09-2013, 02:31 AM
My dad used to make a fuss about the things I posted on Facebook. One time I made a status about some Baptist people or something, and he called me up in a RAGE screaming about how I needed to talk to him face to face if I was mad. And I was like, "Bro, no. I am not that passive aggressive. It wasn't about you, fuck."

Shiny
04-09-2013, 03:24 AM
My family members rarely contact me through facebook but when they do it's to tell me they like a profile picture I had like 2 years ago. :confused:

Rebellious Eagle
04-09-2013, 04:50 AM
It's more like adult family members always feel the need to comment with some random question about your life that is totally unrelated to what you originally posted. Like "how is cat feeling today?" on a picture of me and some friends.

Shlup
04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
I think my stepmom is exercising every bit of self-control she has in order to not constantly give me pregnancy advice. And I appreciate it ever-so much.

blackmage_nuke
04-09-2013, 12:39 PM
I use a fake name of facebook and im careful about who I tell I have facebook

Chris
04-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I constantly get Instagram updates from people. PEOPLE. I AM NOT GOING TO JOIN INSTAGRAM. EVER.

Parker
04-09-2013, 03:33 PM
my dad is pretty bad on facebook. he has trouble typing and with computers in general due to health problems. so sometimes he will hit enter when typing out comments and he doesn't know how to delete them. once he wrote "cummmm n" and I just lolled forever.

Araciel
04-09-2013, 03:34 PM
so many posts about stupid shit from pinterest and shit.

Jinx
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM
It's more like adult family members always feel the need to comment with some random question about your life that is totally unrelated to what you originally posted. Like "how is cat feeling today?" on a picture of me and some friends.

This.

NorthernChaosGod
04-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Why don't you guys just not have family members on FB then? o_O

Pike
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Why don't you guys just not have family members on FB then? o_O

Isn't that the point of FB? :p FB is for family members and real life friends, other internet networks are for e-friends

Actually FB is for e-friends too because I don't have any real life friends :(

NorthernChaosGod
04-09-2013, 09:34 PM
I have like maybe four or five actual family members on my friends list. I use it for friends and to stalk hot girls.

NeoCracker
04-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Conviniently my sister is the only family member on my Facebook, so I only have one person constantly posting dribble. :p

Denmark
04-09-2013, 10:58 PM
my mom talks to me more about fb IRL than saying embarrassing things on my fb. at least that's not public so i guess it's better

and i definitely filter my public facebookings anyway. not posting any stuff that could be taken the wrong way (or about my drinking habits). that goes to the twitters

Calliope
04-10-2013, 06:34 AM
My grandmother has eight siblings, four children, and multitudes of grandchildren all over the world. My grandmother loves talking on the phone. I used to live with her, and she would spend hours calling everyone she knows, in England or Australia or wherever, talking into the wee hours of the morning.

But when it comes to me, she won't call, even know my number is clearly written on her fridge, she'll only post "hi n how are u and jo the weather is good here you must b cold" on FaceBook. :mad2: