PDA

View Full Version : Food They Stopped Making

Pike
04-09-2013, 01:08 AM
I hate those "special edition" things that they only have for a limited time. Like ugh. They used to have "inside-out" Reeses cups which were peanut butter on the outside and chocolate on the inside and they were great.

Speaking of peanut butter, they have peanut butter kitkats in the UK and they don't have those here and it makes me sad :( :(

Slothy
04-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Speaking of peanut butter, they have peanut butter kitkats in the UK and they don't have those here and it makes me sad :( :(

They have them in Canada too.

Unless I'm just thinking of the mint and caramel ones, but I'm pretty sure we've got the peanut butter ones. As sure as someone who isn't a big peanut butter fan can be anyway.

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 01:29 AM
I know. I can't stand it when their limited edition. Case in point?

Vanilla coke. Dear god. That was gorgeous.

Jinx
04-09-2013, 02:34 AM
Vanilla Coke is rancid.

They used to have this really particular jalapeno Doritos. Then they took away the flavour and only had them in Doritos 3D for awhile (which didn't taste the same) and now it's gone. :(

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Vanilla Coke is rancid.

A coke float is the evolved, and optimum form of it, it must be said.

Jinx
04-09-2013, 02:49 AM
I've only ever had rootbeer and cream soda floats. The thought of a Coke float just sounds WRONG.

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 03:01 AM
I've only ever had rootbeer and cream soda floats. The thought of a Coke float just sounds WRONG.

Oh, but you should try it though! At least once. Hell, if you lived anywhere near me I'd probably buy you one just so you could taste it. If you didn't like it, I could always have it instead :p

Shorty
04-09-2013, 04:07 AM
TB, you have never been more wrong in your entire life except for when you said that Raiders of the Lost Ark is a terrible movie. Coke floats are amazing, vanilla coke is god's gift to man, and if you don't like it then more for us educated folks instead of UNCULTURED HEATHENS

Formy - they began producing vanilla coke again! They were in California, anyway. Also, as a side note, Dr. Pepper floats are equally as amazing as coke floats!

Anyway, I came here to mourn for Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Always alive in our hearts and our memories.

Do they still make Cactus Cooler? Because if they don't, then I mourn for that as well.

TrollHunter
04-09-2013, 04:10 AM

They still sell vanilla coke where I live ._.

And they still sell cinnamon toast crunch too.
What are you guys talking about D:

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Also, as a side note, Dr. Pepper floats are equally as amazing as coke floats!

:hyper: I must try a Dr. Pepper float! I love Dr. Pepper!

Shorty
04-09-2013, 04:21 AM

Where the hell do you live?! Are you in some alternate timeline where they did not discontinue either of those things? ARE YOU IN THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE?

It's very possible that I am confusing French Toast Crunch with Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Rebellious Eagle
04-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Vanilla Coke is rancid.

They used to have this really particular jalapeno Doritos. Then they took away the flavour and only had them in Doritos 3D for awhile (which didn't taste the same) and now it's gone. :(

And guacamole doritos, which were seriously awesome. I haven't seen them in years D:

LocoColt04
04-09-2013, 04:40 AM
I've only ever had rootbeer and cream soda floats. The thought of a Coke float just sounds WRONG.mmmmmmmmmm cream soda float - it's one of the only ways I'll consume carbonated drinks at all.

Also, vanilla Coke is readily available in bottles/cans here, and occasionally on tap, though rare. I don't like vanilla Coke - not because it's disgusting, but due to the exact opposite; it's delicious, but so sweet that I never could get through a single can back when I did drink sodas.

Who is old enough to remember Dr Pepper Gum? You had to be chewing gum before the SNES existed, so... like... maybe a dozen of you? :3

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 04:42 AM
[QUOTE=Tifa's Boobs;3239841]Also, vanilla Coke is readily available in bottles/cans here, and occasionally on tap, though rare.

Damn you England and your lack of love for Vanilla Coke! Gah.

TrollHunter
04-09-2013, 04:43 AM

Where the hell do you live?! Are you in some alternate timeline where they did not discontinue either of those things? ARE YOU IN THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE?

It's very possible that I am confusing French Toast Crunch with Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Okay, considering I have never heard of french toast crunch that is likely the case.
But I also live in Atlantis.

Shorty
04-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Take me with you :(

Flaming Ice
04-09-2013, 05:01 AM
count chocula , trix ,pebbles cereal (they have a limited edition cocoa one here however), cruncheroos ( i think that's how it's spelled >.<)..........pretty much never eat sugary cereal though

Vermachtnis
04-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Ya'll still have 3D Doritos? I haven't seen them in forever and came in here going to say that. The 3D Doritos weren't that great themselves, but they had to best powder/crumbs at the bottom of anything.

Jinx
04-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure French Toast Crunch is the one that was discontinued.

It was okay. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is god tier, though.

qwertysaur
04-09-2013, 06:36 AM
I have a box of Cinnamon Toast crunch and a bottle of Vanilla coke in my kitchen right now. :quina:

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Ah!!!!!!! :cheer:

I was heading into town earlier this morning for a therapy session, and I was catching the bus. As I was on the bus, another bus came down the other side of the road and guess what it said on it's advertisement space?

Vanilla coke is back (http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/press-centre/2013/april/vanilla-coke-is-back.html)

This news has literally made my day. And it's such a coincidence that I was discussing Vanilla coke on here just a few days ago, and now this news! Wow. :D

http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/content/en_GB/img/press-centre/AM_Vanilla.jpg

Pike
04-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah Cinnamon Toast Crunch is still going strong

blackmage_nuke
04-09-2013, 02:26 PM
What crazy country are you guys living in? They never stopped selling Vanilla Coke in Aus. Not that I noticed anyway...

Slothy
04-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah Cinnamon Toast Crunch is still going strong

I was about to ask in what universe Cinnamon Toast Crunch would be discontinued. It's got Cinnamon sugar for Christs sake! Sure, the cereal itself tastes like ass if you pour milk on it and it all runs off, but drinking the milk subsequent to eating the cereal is divine. Plus, it's the most readily edible cereal when dry.

Araciel
04-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Things no longer available in Canada that I miss:

those tiny sour gummi dots that were made of the same stuff as sour keys - the purple ones are like crack.

spiral fritos - i picked up a bag when i went to vegas and cried the whole time while eating them

various awesome chip flavours that haven't stood up like loaded baked potato and some form of doritos i forget

Shiny
04-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Do they still make Twinkies? I can't find them anywhere.

Pike
04-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Do they still make Twinkies? I can't find them anywhere.

I had one the other day at work. They're made by different companies now that Hostess is gone.

Unbreakable Will
04-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Lindor's White chocolate Christmas truffles. Man, they are so good I eat like two bags at once. I wish it was Christmas now.

Twinkies. :crying2:

Pike
04-09-2013, 06:59 PM
wait wait, you guys are not ready for this one

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnqemztBsK1qmr9teo1_1280.jpg

and

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0822/8.jpg

Shorty
04-09-2013, 07:03 PM
THEY DO MAKE HI-C ANYMORE?!

oh my god pike I love you for posting squeezeits <3333333

Pike
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
THEY DO MAKE HI-C ANYMORE?!

they don't make the Ecto Cooler kind anymore!! :(

Shiny
04-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Squeeze-its no ;__;

Jowy
04-09-2013, 08:26 PM
pb crisps, surge, crispy M&Ms, lemon ice Gatorade, crystal Pepsi, red fusion dr. Pepper, cookies and creme twix, year round availability of frankenberry, and gingerbread clif bars.

Shorty
04-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Crispy m&ms ;______________________________;

Vermachtnis
04-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Aw man, I forgot about Red Fusion Dr Pepper. That was the best!

Formalhaut
04-09-2013, 08:49 PM
cookies and creme twix, year round availability of frankenberry

This thread makes me bloody hungry and nostalgic. Cookies and Cream Twix! Oh my god, I've not even heard of that and it sounds gorgeous!

I wish there was year round availability of Creme eggs too.

Slothy
04-09-2013, 10:12 PM
cookies and creme twix, year round availability of frankenberry

This thread makes me bloody hungry and nostalgic. Cookies and Cream Twix! Oh my god, I've not even heard of that and it sounds gorgeous!

I wish there was year round availability of Creme eggs too.

I'm pretty sure there is now in Canada. Or pretty close anyway. They are most definitely out more than once a year.

Iceglow
04-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Creme eggs can now be brought as a chocolate bar with creme egg filling in the UK.

I used to love drinking Tab clear cola, it was awesome but unfortunately they discontinued it in the late 90s.

Shorty
04-11-2013, 01:19 AM
I think they still sell Tab here!

NorthernChaosGod
04-11-2013, 08:59 AM

/thread

Shorty
04-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Surge is terrible. Thank god that atrocity no longer exists.

Denmark
04-11-2013, 05:06 PM

/thread

yes.

what D:

NorthernChaosGod
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM

You're the worst.

Shorty
04-11-2013, 07:23 PM
oh how the tables have turned :squeeze:

Depression Moon
04-11-2013, 09:22 PM
The taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch has gone down in recent years. I remember it being much better than it is now.

I do oh so miss French Toast Crunch. It was superior until they fucked it up and changed it completely to resemble cinnamon toast crunch and let's not also forget the one and only Waffle Crisp that is no longer with us. I'm pouring one for you.

Shorty
04-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Waffle crisp ;_______________________;

all these amazing breakfast food cereals ;-;

Setzer the Gambler
05-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Flintstones Pebbles?
Crunchberries in Captain Crunch?
Trix?
Haven't seen those in a while...

Oh and Orbitz drinks as well.

Jinx
05-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Jalapeno Doritos.

Shorty
05-11-2013, 02:24 AM
I saw fucking Mello Yello today. I thought they stopped making that.

They should, because gross.

LocoColt04
05-11-2013, 04:39 AM
I saw smurfing Mello Yello today. I thought they stopped making that.WAIT WHAT WHY WHERE

um... burn it. Burn it all.

Yar
05-11-2013, 07:21 AM
does anyone remember the Breakfast Buddy from Burger King back in the early- to mid-nineties? I fucking loved those things as a kid.

chionos
05-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I need to be in bed because I'm quickly becoming a total moron, but I just saw this and had to post

O'Boisies

sR5S8weSa7g

Yes, as the video implies, they were INSTANT ORGASMS IN A BAG. Fuck Keebler all to hell and back for discontinuing them.

Pike
05-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Please tell me that someone else remembers this animal crackers cereal:

chionos
05-13-2013, 01:47 AM
I remember those Pike!

They were terrible lol.

Pike
05-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Yeah but they gave me a free book! Back when cereal boxes used to have great stuff in them like toys.