PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight and other ARPGs

Pike
04-09-2013, 09:12 PM
ARPGs are super fun. I'd almost forgotten how much I liked them and then when I went to visit Huxley we spent hours playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance! So now that my appetite has been re-whetted, I'm playing Torchlight II and it's a blast.

Let's talk about Diablo-esque games such as these! :choc2:

Laddy
04-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Dark Alliance is quite fun, and Torchligh is pretty fun.

I've been playing Path of Exile's beta and I've been enjoying it so far.

Vyk
04-10-2013, 04:15 AM
Lotr: War in the North

Værn
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
I've been playing Path of Exile's beta and I've been enjoying it so far.
I got kind of bored with Path of Exile halfway through the second playthrough, until one of my friends pointed out that I was playing my marauder more-or-less the way marauders are expected to be played.
Then I planned a new marauder skill tree (http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxtglJ11JZ5uuPnfjPC3E9sQVxq7-v_ouewczVreltz5Bh4LHlSAquhW4yFuWMghnhW0jGI0ct9axkNtZLago-uvuxcwFOoSvhEg8jgFvV8k0CriT1YGydVgbeqqa4EWdsnBilacI2CQ2xR8CnqGvm5UEVkosnJf0l5VSUz1fLR9Ms20ZjjwXVCKBg XvMO--PyMwEB8Uo9ltZvDGJ41bk6066nwE3gWGxJQHB84IeiELBxSy_hq4V19eGVmNKjFeHgK7676IEAcw74eL3pyuLervW7BjDbfIdTC0 uCBFQ5oEHY1crc1NQMI6-ksHfsIIQ), because screw logic.

Loony BoB
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I enjoy these games but tend to get bored of them early on. I dislike the ones that focus so much on the multiplayer and the drops that it becomes more important than a good story and good gameplay. Which basically means I played Diablo II and got bored and eventually annoyed at it.

Danielle and I do enjoy playing them on LAN, though, I just wish there was a solid game for LAN co-op and story focus, somehow. There are few games out there that manage that, though. I think we once played a PS2 game that did something like this and it was good fun, although not amazing. Can't remember for the life of me what it was, though...

Vyk
04-10-2013, 11:44 PM
On PS2 it was probably one of the Champions of Norrath games. Or possibly (though less likely) a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance game. If not then I dunno. Maybe Gauntlet Legends or something

War in the North has a fairly good story and the characters you play as are really likeable, and the combat continues to make you feel like a badass the whole time. So its surprisingly a step above the typical console ARPG, which is surprising, because the genre has sorta fallen a few steps back these days in my opinion. But then again it is made by the BG:DA and Champions developers

Madame Adequate
04-11-2013, 12:38 PM
I tried Path of Exile and it seemed really great for about five minutes, then it just started lagging like crazy and it became unplayable. I really wanted to like it, but... always online strikes again :-/