PDA

View Full Version : hi im linvoy primus

DK
04-10-2013, 06:56 PM
We all lie. Everyone does it. It's also considered to be something to be ashamed of. But I don't think that should be the case. Some lies are brilliant.

What's your favourite lie you've ever told anyone?

Psychotic
04-10-2013, 07:00 PM
That I was David James hosting a game of Pro Evo with my Portsmouth pal.

DK
04-10-2013, 07:05 PM
I want to say that it was an even prompter response than I expected, but that would mean I doubted the glory of the chuckle nation and that would be a lie.

Even though I only made this thread to post hi im linvoy primus at Paul, it got me thinking, and I think my actual favourite lie that I ever told would be when I was talking to Rye on MSN once and I decided to tell her that a meteor had just landed outside my house. For some reason she believed it without a second thought and got more excited than even I was acting. I then told her I was going to take a picture of it to send to her and would be right back and she was waiting gleefully until I sent her a link of the picture which was actually that picture of Joel without a shirt on. That learned her good and proper. I miss her now she's gone. :(

escobert
04-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Everything I post on here is a lie! Wait that means I'm lying about lying right?

Pike
04-10-2013, 07:31 PM
There was another FF forum I went to before this one and I told everyone there that I was a guy. Everyone believed me right off the bat and no one ever questioned it even though I was super active there for like three years.

I can't recall why I did it; I think it started as people assuming I was a guy and I never got around to correcting them so I figured I'd run with it cause why not?

I thought about dragging the ruse to the picture thread and finding some random guy I was friends with and saying it was me but then I never did it.

Shorty
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
I told my sister that there were one-armed zombies with no eyelashes on the moon who would come down and kill her if she didn't go to sleep at night. I also may have used them to persuade her to do my bidding, I don't remember.

Freya
04-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I really tried but my hips wont lie :(

I like my recent april fools prank. That was a great lie. :3

DK
04-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Another one I am particularly fond of is the time when, I can't really remember what prompted it but something happened on Arthur's (Quin) facebook and it planted a stupid idea into my head and I decided to run with it. I let Paul know what my intentions were and we hashed out a basic plan, and then invited Steve to join us on xbox live. When we sent him the party invite we both started fake-laughing our heads off in proper hysterics so that when Steve joined the first thing he heard was us two utterly dying. Being the inquisitive little imp that he is he naturally wanted to know what was so funny.

I proceded to tell him that there had been a troutstorm on Quin's facebook because one of his friends from university had found a video on a filthy video uploading website that was of Quin, naked in front of his webcam having a jolly old time by himself and filming it. I then said that while this in and of itself was bad enough, Quin then decided to take a tin of pineapple rings and put one onto his you know what. (I didn't claim to have watched the video, rather that I had gathered all this from the comments on his facebook wall, which Quin subsequently deleted in a fit of rage). Steve being Steve, he didn't question any of this for a second and has spent the last year or two, however long ago it was that I did this, regularly calling Arthur a pineapple smurfer behind his back. (or any number of things. We might say something like 'Nah Steve arthur is better than you at ____' and he loves to fire back with 'YEA BUT QUIN smurfS PINEAPPLES HEHEHEHE') He had no clue that it was a lie...until now. :shobon: Rather disturbingly I recall him actually demanding a link to the video as well, he CLAIMED because he wanted to "twoll" Arthur but...you never can tell with queepy.

Mirage
04-10-2013, 09:24 PM
I lie pretty often, but it's usually not about important stuff.

Loony BoB
04-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Tokki is a guy!

Unbreakable Will
04-10-2013, 11:17 PM
I really tried but my hips wont lie :(

I like my recent april fools prank. That was a great lie. :3
I cursed out yelled fucking asshole at the top of my lungs when I found out and pissed off our upstairs neighbor, so thanks. That being said it was pretty good!

I used to use the same lie to my parents constantly, for 6 months in fact, I was dating a girl behind their backs and every time I went out to meet her I always said I was out job looking or out with some friends. The sheer fact that I fooled my mum for that long is impressive to anyone who knows her, the woman is like a damned lie detector.

Jowy
04-11-2013, 12:10 AM
That I have the antidote.

Tigmafuzz
04-11-2013, 01:54 AM
That I'm a guy.

Iceglow
04-11-2013, 05:33 AM
I think for me my favourite lie is the one where I have pretended to believe Dan and Paul's wild stories so many times over. I'm sorry boys but genuinely, if you hear me asking you for proof in any way shape or form (including the Arthur and the Pineapple one) I simply aren't buying it but I love you two too much to spoil your fun with it.

Calliope
04-11-2013, 05:49 AM
That I was in Lord of the Rings.

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Throughout university, I convinced one member of staff that my name was Keith Addams, and all the documents saying otherwise were simply administrative mix-ups.

XxSephirothxX
04-11-2013, 06:47 AM
I had fun with a few Internet pranks back in high school; having one friend over at my house, both of us signing onto MSN Messenger on the same computer, and convincing another friend that he'd sent one of us a virus and wrecked our shit. It was easy to play somebody when you were right there together.

One of my good friends in high school/college years was a year younger than the rest of my friends, and was also pretty gullible, so as a result we'd give him endless amounts of shit for the things he'd fall for. We messed with him so much that I actually can't remember any of the lies we'd tell him, just his wide-eyed "Really?" and then the annoyed "Oh Goddammit!" when we owned up to it.

G13
04-11-2013, 07:49 AM
A few years ago I fabricated an internet girlfriend to fool you all into voting for me and myself for Cutest Couple.

I did this shortly after Winter Ciddies in preparation for Summer Ciddies and failed to realize that that was a hell of a long time to keep up the ruse.

Iceglow
04-11-2013, 08:31 AM
A few years ago I fabricated an internet girlfriend to fool you all into voting for me and myself for Cutest Couple.

I did this shortly after Winter Ciddies in preparation for Summer Ciddies and failed to realize that that was a hell of a long time to keep up the ruse.

not to mention an ip address check may well have given the game away ;p

G13
04-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I was staff at the time and I had the only people who would have checked in on it.

Bubba
04-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Me and a friend managed to convince a table-full of twenty people that my Dad was the voice of Uncle Bulgaria in The Wombles.

Madame Adequate
04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
I think for me my favourite lie is the one where I have pretended to believe Dan and Paul's wild stories so many times over. I'm sorry boys but genuinely, if you hear me asking you for proof in any way shape or form (including the Arthur and the Pineapple one) I simply aren't buying it but I love you two too much to spoil your fun with it.

Steve's going for the gold in the lying thread!

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
My greatest lie was convincing you all that the peen-apple video was a ruse.

NorthernChaosGod
04-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Link? For science. :shifty:

qwertysaur
04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
;)

fire_of_avalon
04-15-2013, 03:04 AM

Link? For science. :shifty:
Link, for funsies? :love:

I only lie to telemarketers on the phone. Once I was having a conversation with my dad and aunt at our house and a telemarketer called and pitched cable or something like that to me. I listened quietly until they were done and asked if I would be interested, and I said "YEAH, but I'm only 9 so how do I get it?" The man asked if my mommy or daddy were home and I said "I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL STRANGERS." Then they said they would call back later.

When I was in high school I kept getting calls from military recruiters. After a zillion of them, I finally told an Air Force guy I would love to set up an appointment to talk about signing up. He said he had to get some information from me including age, height and weight.

I told him I was 16 (true) 4'10 and 350 lbs. He told me while I didn't meet the qualifications for the Air Force at this time, he could set me up with some references for military exercise programs or something. I told him I was proud of my body and was incredulous that the Air Force wouldn't take me.