PDA

View Full Version : Will you be playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

Loony BoB
04-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm trying to establish which people will and won't be playing so I can get a better idea of which region to have Fat Chocobos move to - EU or NA. At the moment, the regular L50 players in our LS are (with their geographical region)...

Loony BoB (EU)
smittenkitten (EU)
Ari (EU)
Lumos (NA)
Steely (EU)
Tony (EU)
Valerna (EU)
Vaughn (NA)
Kukki (EU)
Devore (EU)
mini ninja (EU)
Raine Zenephiel (EU)
Seiji (EU)
Slayter (NA)

We also have pals within the game that sometimes play with us...

False Swipe (NA)
Killyk (Brazil!)
Marick (NA)
Itz (NA)
Mattia (NA)
Melissa Yuri (EU)
Raist (NA)
Chrys (Hawaii)

But the players I suspect might be back / new for the ARR launch are almost exclusively NA players...

TSoL (NA)
Tifa's Boobs (NA)
Bleys (NA)
Kaiser (EU)
nirojan (NA?)
Ouch! (NA)
Rostum (Australia)
Murd (NA)
Miriel (NA)
Someone (Somewhere) ;)

Xannidel
04-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Don't forget me! So far the beta has been a blast.

Loony BoB
04-13-2013, 03:08 PM
What's your thoughts on the server options (North America or Europe), Xanni? We're starting to edge towards the idea of everyone going to the NA servers, although there are still a couple of people who are major in our LS that might not do that. But no matter which way we go, it looks like we might lose 1-2 people. :(

Rocket Edge
04-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm guessing this is for the PC version? I'd be more inclined to get the PS3 version. I'll be getting it launch day.

Loony BoB
04-13-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm guessing this is for the PC version? I'd be more inclined to get the PS3 version. I'll be getting it launch day.
Either, they launch on the same date. :)

Xannidel
04-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Because I am in NA I will be biased in my option but I am leaning towards the PS3 version myself so we will see. I have a lot of friends in a PS3 Defiance clan who are interested in ARR and some other friends as well.

Loony BoB
04-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Platform won't matter much, PC and PS3 players will be on the same servers. :)

Xannidel
04-13-2013, 03:41 PM
I know but still lol, the problem I have is that I think they all want their own guild in the game. I will have to talk to everyone to see what they want to do.

Loony BoB
04-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, you can join multiple Linkshells, so you can at least be part of our group that way. As for Free Company (guilds) you can only join one, but you can still be the guest of another one. I'll probably be spending most of my time supporting the Free Company we'll have for our group of friends, but I won't hold anything against someone who wants to go for a different one. Any EoFFer is a guest to the Fat Chocobos Free Company. :D

Xannidel
04-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Hmm I will still try to get everyone to join one LS

I will try to get them to join this site and move from there.

Mirage
04-13-2013, 06:07 PM
I will play from launch, but the poll option for that implies too much excitement so I picked the last option.

I live in Europe but I'll probably play on a US server, possibly with an EU alt.

ThePheonix
04-13-2013, 07:06 PM
I played version 1.n on and off, more so near the end (enough for the legacy status) and I will be playing ARR. I'll be continuing with my old character so I'll be able to help new people somewhat...

Ouch!
04-13-2013, 07:58 PM
May as well confirm BoB's assertion that I'll be playing ARR from launch (shocking, I know). I'm not sure what server I'll be on, but I'm fairly certain that it will be an NA one. Where I end up will likely have a lot to do with the group I played with in version 1.x ends up!

Raistlin
04-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I'll be playing. Depending on when it launches, I might not be there the first day. :p I'll probably end up being more casual than most of you, playing mostly on weekends and the occasional evening. I will also be playing on a NA server -- whichever one the largest group of EoFF NA players picks.

Del Murder
04-13-2013, 09:07 PM
I'll get around to playing at some point. Maybe at launch, maybe not depending on what else I have going on. I'll just be on the server with the most EoFFers. I think it will eventually come down to a choice between BoB or Ouch!'s server.

Aulayna
04-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Well I'd never played XI or XIV before but had a blast on ARR when I tried it recently. So yeah I guess I'll be around :p

(although I guess this means I also need to buy the game from somewhere too - if they have an ARR Collector's Edition I'll be all over it)

Elpizo
04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I will definately give it another go once ARR comes out, but I don't know when I will yet. It could be at launch, it could be months after. Depends on when I can make enough time to do some serious playing. At the very least, I want to get far enough in the game to get a glimpse at the Crystal Tower.

Ouch!
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Well I'd never played XI or XIV before but had a blast on ARR when I tried it recently. So yeah I guess I'll be around :p

(although I guess this means I also need to buy the game from somewhere too - if they have an ARR Collector's Edition I'll be all over it)
They have already confirmed that there will be a collector's edition of A Realm Reborn. The game will be sold for PS3 and PC in stores--of course--but they will also be offering the PC version for sale as a download. According to a recent interview, they are in negotiations with Sony to offer the PS3 version as a download as well, but no confirmation as of yet.

Also, for those of who ordered the collector's edition last time around, there will be something for us so that we don't have to buy the new collector's edition or miss out on what is included.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Yes, I will be around at launch, especially if it is during the summer!

As for preference, I would rather be NA server but if you guys choose an EU server, c'est pas la fin du monde.

KH-Cloudy
04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
I'll be playing on launch day! I was invited to the beta and I really like what I'm seeing so far.

Rostum
04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Definitely playing at launch, as I ended up playing 1.X for quite awhile there. :) I'm definitely going on an NA server though.

Roogle
04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
The launch of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game is a big event. I feel as though I am bound, by duty, to attend it. Imagine all of the interesting people that will be there.

Mirage
04-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Bound by booty.

Marky Tee
04-18-2013, 09:45 PM
possibly if it's able to play on the station

Ouch!
04-19-2013, 06:28 PM
A Realm Reborn will launch simultaneously for the PS3 and PC. PS3 beta begins in stage three (which is 2-4 weeks away).

mini ninja
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
I'll just go with the server where "Fat Chocobos" LS is :)... and yes definately looking forward to play as soon as i can !

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I actually have this game on pre-order for PC and PS3 (I'd kill for a Xbox360 or Durango version) and the store near me on speed dial! I'm super ecstatic for it!

I feel like all the good assets and Devs are working on FF14RR and FFXI, mostly they switched to the MMO scene give a better RPG experience in an MMO that would make all us FF fans feel at home... although that is a story & another thread for another time. I would suppose.

Its obvious I'm from the US, so my region is NA.

Ouch!
05-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Don't hold your breath for a version for any Microsoft console unless they drastically change their stance on how an MMORPG works with Xbox Live. Square Enix doesn't like that to play FFXI on the Xbox 360 you have to also have an active Gold Membership, especially since they run everything on their own servers, and they're not going to do it for FFXIV unless Microsoft agrees to allow connection with a Silver Membership, which they won't.

HasteInTime
05-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Don't hold your breath for a version for any Microsoft console unless they drastically change their stance on how an MMORPG works with Xbox Live. Square Enix doesn't like that to play FFXI on the Xbox 360 you have to also have an active Gold Membership, especially since they run everything on their own servers, and they're not going to do it for FFXIV unless Microsoft agrees to allow connection with a Silver Membership, which they won't.

Hmm, actually I have a gold membership and in any event or case FF11 has active LiVE silver members. There is a LiVE clause that states something like this "The stage of a game if in early stages such as beta and pre-alpha may be considered for release on the Microsoft platform..." which means that they can do it but they since then have changed that clause for LiVE and Titles like FF11 may now become rare on the 360, they did relaunch FF11 along with it's new Expansion. To which I have yet to get. I do own FF11 on my PC here. A 360 version may never come but a Durango one is possible, since they rumor always online in the specs.

Also Defiance got in just fine on the 360, although I dont know if that requires XL-Gold. I have yet to test that out. Although I think it's not impossible that Durango may get a copy of FF14RR.

Loony BoB
05-03-2013, 09:01 AM
I'll be very interested to see how much Gold is going to cost in the next generation console. They'll have to justify it somehow, and if the PS4's various online functionality goes ahead without any issue then it will be very difficult for them to do so.

HasteInTime
05-03-2013, 08:14 PM
I'll be very interested to see how much Gold is going to cost in the next generation console. They'll have to justify it somehow, and if the PS4's various online functionality goes ahead without any issue then it will be very difficult for them to do so.

To which I am also interested in, what they might do with Live on the Durango, it is possible that they might hike the price up Ten US Dollars for Gold or if they keep the model as is, how much can they push that penny for penny. As for how things are, based on track record. As far as I can tell. Sony tends to promise alot more than they can deliver. As Microsoft tends to under-promise and over-deliver.

So come May 21st at 10AM PST we will find out what this means for all of us and if SE has been holding out information on a Durango version of FF14ARR and what it may be like. :moogle:

Nicolas
06-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Been excited about this for a little while and finally got around to pre-ordering it today. Looking forward to playin' with a few of ya.