PDA

View Full Version : Burrito

Night Fury
04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
I had a burrito for the very first time today. It was the greatest thing ever, it's like as soon as I peeled back the foil and took a bite it's like that's what my stomach and taste-buds have been waiting for since forever. It was great. Like, I need another one as soon as is possible please.

It had lime and coriander rice, pinto beans, spiced chicken, onion salsa, guacamole and cheese. Nothing I eat again will ever be the same. I want it all over again. BURRITO BURRITO BURRITO.

NEED IT NOW.

Rantz
04-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Locky I was gonna make a burrito for myself today but on my shopping trip I forgot, uhhh, the tortillas. So I made burritos without tortillas. IT WAS ALSO GOOD BUT BROKEN DREAMS.

Night Fury
04-14-2013, 08:02 PM
It was just a naked burrito! There's no need to feel sad!!! You had a burrito that was allowed to be free!

Rantz
04-14-2013, 08:17 PM
It was more like three burritos that were allowed to be free. :D

Formalhaut
04-14-2013, 09:32 PM
I have yet to have a burrito. I really want a burrito.

Shauna
04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Why have you never had a burrito? Why did it take Locky so long to have a burrito? What is going on in this world?!

Formalhaut
04-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Where would I buy a good quality burrito from?

Shauna
04-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Just looked up my local burrito and similar hot spots, and they only appear to be in Glasgow. xD Can't help you, unfortunately.

Mexican restaurants will serve them, and there appear to be fast food-esque places popping up that sell burritos and stuff. Maybe there's one in your area!

Iceglow
04-14-2013, 09:52 PM
I love the two mexican places in Wimbledon, I often partake of their goods. For those who cannot get a proper burrito, Sainsbury's sell a ready meal one which is nothing like a real burrito but is a good poor mans substitute.

Shorty
04-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Daughter, what the fuck. You've never had a burrito before?

The next step is chimichanga. Get on it, girl!

Pike
04-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Sarah, the UK hardly knows what Mexican food is. When I went over there the menus had to spell out how to pronounce "taquito" because no one over there has ever seen that word in their life.

Shorty
04-15-2013, 01:29 AM
That is the most heart-breaking thing I have ever heard. I suddenly feel blessed to live so close to Mexico. (even though I'm at the opposite end of it)

Madame Adequate
04-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah the prevalence of Mexican food over here is growing but it's still slow.

The Man
04-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Mexican food is truly glorious. I feel sad for those of you who live in places that can't get it. Barbecue is another art that far too places have adequate access to.

Living in Florida you'd think there'd also be a preponderance of Cuban restaurants as well. In Southeast Florida I had tons - in fact it's probably the best place to eat Cuban food outside of Cuba itself - but not so much in Sarasota.

Iceglow
04-15-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm lucky I guess in that I live in London, you can get pretty much anything you like here food wise. With exception of bloody horsemeat... CURSE YOU MEAT MARKET FOR BEING ALL TERRIBLE ABOUT MY HORSE LASAGNES!

Miriel
04-16-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm lucky I guess in that I live in London, you can get pretty much anything you like here food wise. With exception of bloody horsemeat... CURSE YOU MEAT MARKET FOR BEING ALL TERRIBLE ABOUT MY HORSE LASAGNES!
I'm dubious about the quality of Mexican food that one would be able to find in London. Is it any good?

I prefer tacos to burritos generally. But I do love me some chicken fajita burritos.

Rantz
04-16-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm dubious about the quality of Mexican food that one would be able to find in London. Is it any good?

Mexican cuisine is spreading pretty rapidly recently, I think. We even have a couple of Mexican places in my podunk (not quite, but small) city. I can't speak for London, but like with most exported food cultures it's rarely a very accurate representation of the original culture, but more of an assimilated version. I have no delusion that I'm getting 100% authentic Mexican when I go to a Mexican restaurant here, but it's fucking delicious nonetheless. :D Mexican is a bit newer to the scene than Thai and the like, but it's the same principle.

NorthernChaosGod
04-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Now come get a burrito that's actually Mexican. /smug

Night Fury
04-16-2013, 07:15 PM
:colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Hahaha. :aimkiss: I do doubt the taste of any burritos people get from a state that doesn't border Mexico though. :p

Iceglow
04-16-2013, 10:45 PM
considering my colleague at work El Heffe (or Dom as he likes to be known) is mexican and he rates the local burrito places I frequent as very good. I'm fairly certain my burrito experiences are awesome.

The Man
04-16-2013, 10:59 PM
I live in Florida. It may not border Mexico directly but there are more than enough Mexicans here for us to have awesome Mexican food. Although the best place around where I lived closed about a year ago. :<

Night Fury
04-16-2013, 11:13 PM
I went to Mexico a couple of years ago, although it wasn't what I call 'tourist' Mexico - it was proper Mexico. I was chilling with the indigenous. We couldn't eat their food because of the chance of parasites or something, so we had to have Qesadillas. Now let me tell you, you have not had a Qesadilla till you've had one in Mexico and it has been made with Oaxaca cheese. Man, I'd go back in a heartbeat just for that cheese..

NorthernChaosGod
04-17-2013, 06:04 AM
considering my colleague at work El Heffe (or Dom as he likes to be known) is mexican and he rates the local burrito places I frequent as very good. I'm fairly certain my burrito experiences are awesome.
Is it really spelled like that?

I went to Mexico a couple of years ago, although it wasn't what I call 'tourist' Mexico - it was proper Mexico. I was chilling with the indigenous. We couldn't eat their food because of the chance of parasites or something, so we had to have Qesadillas. Now let me tell you, you have not had a Qesadilla till you've had one in Mexico and it has been made with Oaxaca cheese. Man, I'd go back in a heartbeat just for that cheese..

We beaners make good cheese.

Night Fury
04-17-2013, 05:35 PM
So. I attempted to make my own burritos tonight. Made them with chilli con carne and coriander rice, topped with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole. Really tasty, but hard to roll up so they looked a bit trout.

Elly
04-17-2013, 05:53 PM
making Burritos for lunch right now, coincidentally, lol... tortillas wrapped around beef and been smothered in chilli and sprinkled with shreaded cheese, gawd i can't wait till they're done...

Night Fury
04-17-2013, 05:58 PM
making Burritos for lunch right now, coincidentally, lol... tortillas wrapped around beef and been smothered in chilli and sprinkled with shreaded cheese, gawd i can't wait till they're done...

I am absolutely stuffed from mine! I actually feel a little bit sick :lol: I have very much over-indulged today though, need a food nap...

Iceglow
04-17-2013, 10:22 PM
I don't pretend to know how to speak Spanish.

The Man
04-17-2013, 10:23 PM
It's jefe.

LocoColt04
04-17-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm spoiled by great burritos. However, even though I've had access to them for decades, I didn't really get into burrito-eating until about five years ago. I used to be super super simple with Mexican food, but now I've expanded my horizons significantly. (I did date a Mexican girl, so that might have influenced me somewhat.)

Iceglow
04-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks. French and German were the national curriculum when I went to school and you only did one of those. I speak French terribly as a result and you can forget German where I can essentially say "speak English?"

In response to Miriel London is very good at the world food adaption probably because it is like I said London. London for all it's obvious flaws (lets face it I might call it home but 90% of the time I'm spitting and cussing about how much I hate the place) does foreign food and culture pretty damn well. We get a lot of very good Korean and African food too.

Jinx
04-18-2013, 01:58 AM
I had fajitas for dinner. That's like the burrito's slimmer, sexier cousin.

NorthernChaosGod
04-18-2013, 08:18 AM
I had fajitas for dinner. That's like the burrito's slimmer, sexieruglier cousin. And gives bad oral.

Unbreakable Will
04-18-2013, 04:47 PM
I love quesadillas, they're like the burritos fatter, messier sister that leaves you sobbing and ashamed in your bathroom.

Iceglow
04-19-2013, 02:37 AM
All this talk of Mexican food another place opens soon in Wimbledon. I have to admit this one isn't quite as appealing as before it opened the hoarding literally requested staff for every role you need in a restaurant from chefs to management to waiting staff. I'm not sure that it'll compete with the other two Mexicans but I'll try it and see.