PDA

View Full Version : FFX|X-2 HD: Which will you play first?

Karifean
04-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Imagine the game was just released, you hold a copy of it in your hands. You put it in your PS3 and are prompted with a decision: Final Fantasy X or X-2, which will you play first?

I ask because I'm uncertain as both of them have some appeal.

Final Fantasy X obviously is the first part of the storyline and I'd love to see it all in HD. It's my favorite game in the series, too. Since I have the PAL version, no new content, though.

Final Fantasy X-2 on the other hand has loads of new content included. The Creature Create System fundamentally changes gameplay and you can spend hours in the Coliseum before even so much as doing the first Mount Gagazet mission. Now I have played this, but the official translation would definitely be a motivator. Either way, it's certainly something everyone should try, it's so much fun.

Btw, don't bother voting if you're not going to buy the game.

Venom65437
04-14-2013, 10:04 PM
FFX all the way. It is one of my favorite games of all time and I can't wait to play it in HD.

Laddy
04-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Final Fantasy X is one I've been wanting to give another shot though I have my complaints with it.

But I do tend to have an absurd amount of fun with X-2.

Mirage
04-15-2013, 07:15 AM
FFX first, naturally.Like once. Then I'll probably play X-2 3 times.

Elly
04-15-2013, 11:17 AM
that decision is a no-brainer... FFX of course... i don't read a book starting on the last chapter, that's silly... even though i've already played both, it just makes more sense to do it in order...

Mirage
04-15-2013, 11:24 AM
what if it's two books and you've read them both already?

Aulayna
04-15-2013, 11:35 AM
X first - then X-2 for the complete chronological experience. I was one of the few people who enjoyed X-2 but it's been ages since I last played X compared to X-2 so my body is ready to be whisked away on adventure again by X.

Loony BoB
04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
If I were to play these, I'd probably grudge my way through FFX first just to recap myself on things, then play FFX-2 for the first time. I'd happily mute any scenes in FFX where Tidus, Yuna or particularly Seymour are talking a lot, because I simply can't stand their voices. =| Hopefully FFX-2 would be better, I don't know what Paine sounds like but no Tidus & no Seymour = Win.

Old Manus
04-15-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't know what Paine sounds likeA very bored Helen Hunt.

Elly
04-15-2013, 06:02 PM
ha ha Mirage... 2 books that i've already read i'd still re-read in their proper order, especially if if they are directly tied chronologicly... if i didn't care for the first as much as the second it's still worth it to get reaquainted with the backstory, maybe some details i may have forgotten over time and such...

Formalhaut
04-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Like the others, I'd trudge through FFX for the story (and try to avoid the annoying mini-games that marr the experience for me) and then crack on the FFX-2.

It sounds funny, but I enjoy FFX-2 more than FFX. FFX had a deeper story, but FFX-2 was just darn more enjoyable.

DMKA
04-16-2013, 01:47 AM
It sounds funny, but I enjoy FFX-2 more than FFX. FFX had a deeper story, but FFX-2 was just darn more enjoyable.

You aren't alone. Back when X-2 was new, there was a pretty substantial number of people here who really enjoyed X-2 but didn't much care for X. X was the XIII of it's time here on EoFF, with every seven out of ten threads being dedicated to it's hatred. I like X-2 but not half as much as I love X. Different strokes.

I'll be playing X first like everyone else. Playing X-2 first doesn't seem rational to me.

Braska
04-16-2013, 02:04 AM
X first, obviously. Then once I get to around where I am in my PS2 copy (Thunder Plains), I might switch over to X-2 which I've never played before (believe it or not).

I intentionally skipped X-2 'cause it seemed to be too much fanservice for me, despite them being hotter.

Vermachtnis
04-16-2013, 02:31 AM
I can't believe I'm the first to say X-2. Screw all that chronological stuff, I want to play with all that new crap that never got released in the states.

Roogle
04-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 on the other hand has loads of new content included. The Creature Create System fundamentally changes gameplay and you can spend hours in the Coliseum before even so much as doing the first Mount Gagazet mission. Now I have played this, but the official translation would definitely be a motivator. Either way, it's certainly something everyone should try, it's so much fun.

Do we know if Last Mission will be included yet? I don't think I could see Square Enix gathering the three voice actresses together to record the English lines for the dialogue in that game.

FFfreak1
04-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Gonna play X first because its my favorite game. I probably wont even play X-2 because I'm not a fan of the game.

Skyblade
04-17-2013, 01:29 AM
I'll definitely play X first.

But, yeah, I do love X-2. I like X, it's got solid story and character work, and a really beautiful world setup, but X-2 is a game that exists just to have fun, and I definitely can respect that.

Fynn
04-17-2013, 03:25 PM
I would play X-2 first and would not bother with replaying X. That would just be tedious. I do not intend to get this rerelease anyway, so...

Rocket Edge
04-17-2013, 04:17 PM
FFX. My second favourite in the series & I haven't played it in a long time.

Nebulance
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
I'll most certainly play X first, but I imagine I'll give X multiple playthroughs, and probably not so much for X-2. We'll see...

Cloudane
04-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Beyond "saving the best for last" I can't see any logic to playing X-2 first. X first!

Mirage
04-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Except FFX-2 is the funnest game to actually play!

Fynn
04-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Except FFX-2 is the funnest game to actually play!

Yup.

black orb
04-18-2013, 07:45 AM
>>> I`ll play both, at the same time..:luca:

Mirage
04-18-2013, 03:15 PM
That's actually... a great idea.

Cloudane
04-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Literally? One pad in each hand?

Mirage
04-18-2013, 05:19 PM
That's what I was having in mind, at least.