PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! PC picking up talk show or something wierd? SERIOUSLY

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Ok, for the last week my computer has been picking up what seems to be like a talk radio or something. It doesn't play music but all you hear are these two dudes talking in rather low, yet calm voices about death and the meaning of life and weird stuff dealing with religion and what not. Even if I'm not online or running anything its on there. Have I been hacked or is this a virus or what? It pretty creepy to be honest and I'd like to get rid of it ASAP!

Old Manus
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Stay calm. Your computer is channeling EoEO.

Run a virus scanner.

Mirage
04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Haha, is this serious?

That sounds like the most hilarous virus ever.

rubah
05-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Quotes or gtfo

Loony BoB
05-06-2013, 01:45 PM
What operating system are you running?

Restart your PC and turn the sound up so you can get a good idea of what kicks it off. Wait for everything to autoload for a few minutes before you open any windows. Has it started already?

If so, it could be worth checking out your startup programs.

EDIT: Just seen the date. I'm assuming you got this fixed in the past few weeks?

CimminyCricket
05-08-2013, 08:55 PM
One of my ex-roommates had this happen to him, it was actually pretty funny. Something in your computer (probably the power supply) just happens to be picking up radio signals like a beast. He powered it down and unplugged the a/c adapter and pulled out the battery. Had something to do with built up voltage in his laptop making some parts act like a radio antennae. nbd

Mirage
05-08-2013, 09:03 PM
and it magically acquired an FM tuner at the same time? I dunno, this sounds sketchy to me!

Flying Mullet
05-08-2013, 09:10 PM
If you have a wireless router running at the same frequency and channel as a wireless phone nearby it's possible to pickup some of the signal. Not sure how it transmits through the speakers though.

CimminyCricket
05-08-2013, 11:00 PM
My friends laptop was actually picking up the audio from the Colbert report. :)

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Something like this happened with a guitar amp once when we were trying out a new guitarist. It was hilarious.

escobert
06-04-2013, 05:14 AM
well!? did this ever get fixed?

Roogle
06-10-2013, 10:29 PM
If you have a wireless router running at the same frequency and channel as a wireless phone nearby it's possible to pickup some of the signal. Not sure how it transmits through the speakers though.

Yes, this would be the main issue. Is the sound coming from the speakers or what.