PDA

View Full Version : Finally in!

Yerushalmi
04-18-2013, 06:16 PM
So I've been hanging around for the last week or so, getting the feel of the community. And I like what I see. So I decided to register and post my hello. Hello!

My name is Daniel, and I live in Jerusalem, Israel. I'm married to a wonderful woman who's doing her doctorate in endocrinology, and I have two wonderful children under the age of three whom I teach about the joys of Cthulhu. I will be starting work as a technical writer at Intel next week.

I almost never played Final Fantasy as a child; I had a saved game of FFVII at a friend's house (the last thing I remember playing through was Cloud's crossdressing plot) and I borrowed FFVIII from my brother's friend for a few weeks before my parents decided I was enjoying it too much and returned it (the last thing I saw was a cutscene in which my character needed to scramble across a bridge before an explosion, and I discovered too late that I was actually controlling my character in said cutscene and needed to do it manually - so I died and was intending to try again with my newfound knowledge the following day when the discs mysteriously disappeared).

Once I reached college I downloaded and played through FFI, then several years later I did the same with FFII, both with walkthroughs. Eventually I decided I might as well make it official, and I proceeded to start playing through the original versions of all the games (no longer using walkthroughs) in release order - FFIII, FFA, FFIV, FFMQ, and now FFV (the middle three of which I actually purchased to play, as I plan to do for all future games that were released in English). My wife joined me beginning with FFIV after a lot of convincing, having previously been of the opinion that Final Fantasy is a game for "girls" (she prefers Half-Life and Baldur's Gate).

I've rambled enough. Nice to meet you all!

Parker
04-18-2013, 06:25 PM
welcome to the eyes on final fantasy forums!

Night Fury
04-18-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm so glad you joined up! :D :D :D

If anyone wants to know, this guy is 100% Locky approved, he is super cool! :cool:

Pumpkin
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Welcome :jess:! I hope you stick around.

Unbreakable Will
04-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Welcome, welcome friend! Hope you enjoy your stay and pitch your two cents in whenever you like!

:monster:

Shorty
04-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Hurray and welcome to the forums!

Shauna
04-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Took you long enough to sign up. :colbert:

Welcome aboard!

Formalhaut
04-19-2013, 09:25 PM
this guy is 100% Locky approved, he is super cool! :cool:

Wow, that means he must be good! Welcome to our forums Daniel! I saw your Shabbat thread in Quina's Kitchen: I thought it was so good and different (in terms of the usual junk we discuss in the kitchen) that I even mentioned it in my community update. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and can write a pretty engaging opening post, so that immediately piques my interest! I wonder what your avatar and signature set will be?

If you're ever stuck as to what to do here at EoFF, make sure to check the weekly community update to know where the hot threads and interesting stuff is! Use that as a starting point anyway, and branch off from there!

I am not just shamelessly plugging the community update. :shifty:

NeoCracker
04-19-2013, 10:22 PM
There is currently plans for Yeru to adopt me, even though I doubt he will admit to it.

I think it will be a happy family!

Pheesh
04-20-2013, 06:29 AM
I'm still reading the blog you put me onto, it lights up my life!

Glad to have you around the actual forum as well.

Pike
04-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Welcome to EoFF! :jess:

(she prefers Half-Life and Baldur's Gate).

Oooh, have her join and talk to Laddy and I :D :D

the_best_noob
04-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Don't forget me! About the Half-Life bit, never played Baldurs Gate

Pike
04-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Baldur's Gate is one of those games that everyone should play.

the_best_noob
04-20-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm out of money. In the summer I can get a job though, so I'll probably buy it. I swear, there are too many games that everyone should play

Pike
04-20-2013, 01:17 PM
I swear, there are too many games that everyone should play

I AGREE, this is why my backlog is so big :(

the_best_noob
04-20-2013, 01:18 PM
You mean your steam library? Yours has got to be one of the biggest on steam

Pike
04-20-2013, 01:20 PM
So many games I haven't played yet and so little time. Both on Steam and elsewhere! :(

the_best_noob
04-20-2013, 01:25 PM
At least in the summer I can stay up all night. Schools out in a month or so, anyway

Yerushalmi
04-20-2013, 07:46 PM
If anyone wants to know, this guy is 100% Locky approved, he is super cool!
I thought it was so good and different (in terms of the usual junk we discuss in the kitchen) that I even mentioned it in my community update.
I'm still reading the blog you put me onto, it lights up my life!
Making me blush, all of you! Where do I access the community update?

I wonder what your avatar and signature set will be?
To be honest, I almost never bother with either of those things on any forum I join. I prefer to let myself speak for myself. But you never know!

There is currently plans for Yeru to adopt me, even though I doubt he will admit to it.
Well, as I told you before, if you don't mind having a mandatory 25-hour weekly shutdown of electronics in the house... :tongue:

Oooh, have her join and talk to Laddy and I
Unfortunately she doesn't really speak English (though she reads it).

Pheesh
04-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Just because you joined the forum doesn't make it okay to not come in to chat anymore. People worry :(

the_best_noob
04-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Were you the one I had the discussion with about pushing your child off a window ledge in chat?

Yerushalmi
04-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Just because you joined the forum doesn't make it okay to not come in to chat anymore. People worry :(

I spent all Friday cooking for Shabbat, and my computer was off all Shabbat!

Formalhaut
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM

Good for you! At least someone isn't addicted to the internet here! :p

Pike
04-21-2013, 02:57 PM

I had a friend who did that sort of thing every Shabbos (as he called it); then he moved to Israel and disappeared from the internet. If you ever run into a Hyde Kilov, then tell him his e-friends miss him!

sharkythesharkdogg
04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Welcome aboard!

The only experience I've really had from your culture is a very small amount of sparring against some Krav Maga practitioners years ago. The gun techniques were very effective! :monster:

It will be nice to have a new and different mindset in the community. We like to tease each other a little, but it's all in good fun.

Formalhaut
04-22-2013, 05:48 PM
It will be nice to have a new and different mindset in the community. We like to tease each other a little, but it's all in good fun.

Beats the usual "American, Canadian, British or Australian" clique we normally have. :p

Yeru, you MUST take part in Quina's cook-off! Your shabbat dishes will be much welcomed!

NeoCracker
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Well, as I told you before, if you don't mind having a mandatory 25-hour weekly shutdown of electronics in the house... :tongue:

I need to catch up on my reading anyway.

Loony BoB
04-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Whoop, missed this thread somehow. :p I'm also Daniel, and I've noticed you in #eoff a few times. :D Great to see you're in the forums, too. =]

Yerushalmi
04-22-2013, 07:40 PM
I had a friend who did that sort of thing every Shabbos (as he called it); then he moved to Israel and disappeared from the internet. If you ever run into a Hyde Kilov, then tell him his e-friends miss him!

Odd. Hyde Kilov doesn't sound like a real name (neither of them are Hebrew words or names).

Braska
04-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Hello there! Remember me from the chat? (Probably don't.)

Rantz
05-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Bit late, but welcome to the forums. :D