PDA

View Full Version : Modern Family

Night Fury
04-20-2013, 08:41 PM
I've been catching up with the new series and I can't stop laughing.

I freaking love this show!!

Who's with me on this one?

Jinx
04-20-2013, 09:01 PM
It's awesome. Probably the greatest sitcom since Arrested Development.

Night Fury
04-20-2013, 09:07 PM
O7-otxxvXQg

One of the greatest moments.

Bunny
04-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Luke is the best thing about that show. His interactions with every character, specifically Lily, are top-notch every episode.

wtb more Luke-centric episodes.

Jinx
04-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Wrong. Cam.

Bunny
04-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Cam is a gigantic, overbearing stereotype that was amusing for the first couple of seasons but got boring and tired after awhile.

Jinx
04-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Cam is a gigantic, overbearing stereotype that was amusing for the first couple of seasons but got boring and tired after awhile.

I see your point. But Phil is still a better character than Luke.

Luke is definitely number three, though.

I hate Manny.

The Man
04-20-2013, 11:26 PM
It's awesome. Probably the greatest sitcom since Arrested Development.I wouldn't go that far, but it is really funny.

Del Murder
04-21-2013, 10:25 AM
I agree with Bunny that Luke has really grown as a character and his interactions with other characters have been the best moments of the show this season. More Luke please!

It bugs me that Mitchell and Cam fight so much. The other two couples fight, but they also do nice things for each other too. All Mitchell and Cam do is bicker. It's almost as if they can't show a gay couple be in love with each other. It has to be antagonistic.

blackmage_nuke
04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Luke is great with Lily and Phil.
I also liked that Express Christmas episode where they had odd pairs like Mitchel with Alex, Gloria with Luke and Manny with Phil.
I also like whenever Pepper shows up.
I dont like that Alex seems to always be introduced into romantic relationsips with new people who just vanish into thin air when the next guy shows up (soccer guy, totally not gay guy, now the volleyball knights guy). Every relationship with Haley atleast has a begining and an end

Jinx
04-21-2013, 01:27 PM
PEPPER! I love Nathan Lane. <3

Del, I agree with you. I also think Mitch is kind of an ass, and Cam's usually really nice and giving.

Night Fury
04-21-2013, 02:32 PM
I think Cam is funny because he's such a stereotype. I know a really camp guy, and I can totally see him like Cam in the future. I also think Mitch and Cam had one of the nicest moments last season.

"I'm lying on a rock.." "I'm lying next to my rock" :heart:

I Took the Red Pill
04-21-2013, 09:31 PM
First two seasons were great. After that I felt like things went slowly downhill and by the middle of the third season I decided to stop watching it. I haven't watched anything since, so perhaps it's picked back up but there's so much great TV nowadays that I don't feel compelled to come back to it (aside: why is it that movies of late have been so trout and television seems to be, as a whole, getting better and better?).

But yeah, first two seasons were some of the best comedy television I've ever seen.

Christmas
05-06-2022, 11:12 AM
I watched all seasons and I love it!! :bigsmile:

Especially the gay couple demonic adopted child. She is like the mini version of me but more annoying and disturbing!! :kaoclove: