PDA

View Full Version : HATERS STAND OVER THERE, DEBATES GO AWAY, THIS IS THE FFX LOVE THREAD

Pike
04-21-2013, 12:19 AM
I don't wanna hear about "but muh Kefka" or "but muh Sephiroth" or "THE LAUGH SCENE RUINED MY ENTIRE LIFE AND KILLED MY TRUST IN SQUARE ENIX" okay?

Game is great and quirky, the humor is great and makes me laugh, the story is great and really well-done, and the characters are memorable.

If you disagree go debate in MILF's thread, not this one :mad2:

Let's talk about best parts of the game, best characters, and everything :love:

Madame Adequate
04-21-2013, 12:23 AM
I love how the characters sometimes make random comments during fights, especially when Lulu is on hand to tell them off.

Pike
04-21-2013, 12:24 AM
I love how the characters sometimes make random comments during fights, especially when Lulu is on hand to tell them off.

I LOVE THAT TOO!

It really adds a lot of flavor :)

Jinx
04-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Haha, those battles where you're trying to get everyone to overdrive before a boss, and like, you'll use Tidus to hit a Flan. And Lulu's like, "Leave that to me!" and you just keep doing it, and she just keeps saying it.

Also, stonetouch weapons when the monsters shatter. Oh god, so cool.

Via Purifico for Lulu/Auron/Kimahri/Yuna is stunning, and so is the music.

Belgemine fights are soooo fun.

That awesome moment when you FINALLY get the Magus Sisters sfoaudflawsfoeufeoureou

Yuna's outfit

The FMVs are GORGEOUS

Macalania Woods

chionos
04-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Clearly, CLEARLY, clearly, the best part about this game is Blitzball, which is amazing and should be its own stand-alone game. I would buy it.

Pike
04-21-2013, 01:15 AM
I want a Blitzball version of Football Manager.

Blitzball Manager.

Aulayna
04-21-2013, 02:34 AM
I want a Blitzball version of Football Manager.

Blitzball Manager.

It's called FFX-2

Madame Adequate
04-21-2013, 02:52 AM
No we mean something as full-on spergy and detailed as Football Manager 2013. Forty different stats for each player. Dozens of leagues, thousands of teams, hundreds of thousands of players.

chionos
04-21-2013, 04:47 AM
No we mean something as full-on spergy and detailed as Football Manager 2013. Forty different stats for each player. Dozens of leagues, thousands of teams, hundreds of thousands of players.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oui ja si po wi da tak sim yo aye se yan jes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

DMKA
04-21-2013, 04:59 AM
Love the story, love the characters. Love the extremely well done FMVs (some of the most impressive FMVs in any video game I've ever played. Hell, the work in FFX's FMVs put some modern Hollywood CGI work to shame). Love the CTB battle system. Love the world and it's more asian/eastern tropical feel. Love the soundtrack. Love the little one liners during battles. I also love that the summons are actually useful, unlike any prior Final Fantasy game's summons. Love the religious themes. Love the sphere grid leveling system as opposed to the traditional experience/ap system. Love Blitzball, even though I suck at it.

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't really think of anything I dislike about FFX, aside of the fact that it's way too easy to break the end game's difficulty. :p

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oui ja si po wi da tak sim yo aye se yan jes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z8NI-sVeYN8/TgLV-XURvOI/AAAAAAAAAFw/8tpui5xXRbc/s1600/BLITZBALL.jpg

Skyblade
04-21-2013, 07:21 AM
I think I would hate that level of detail and complexity (it's been a long time since I've even looked at a Football Manager game, so I'm not sure), but I'd probably buy that anyway.

I love the character comments. I would always run through every spell to hear the casting lines for them (one of the things I genuinely love from FFTactics that I wish more of the series would incorporate).

"Have a drink!"

I love the Sphere Grid. Easily the best stat system a FF game has had. I'd prefer a little more choice and interconnectivity, probably make the spheres that jump you from place to place way more common, as well as more locks and earlier access to Keyspheres, but the system as a whole is phenomenal for stat setups (even if I'd put abilities on a completely seperate system like the Job or Materia system).

That said, I love FFX-2's implementation of the Job System. It's a really well thought out and incredibly well implemented system. I love the Garment Grids and gates, I love the tactical flexibility it allows, and the risk/reward it entails. I love the replayability aspects it gets where a second copy of the same dress sphere lets you place it twice on the same grid, dramatically altering your setup and tactical options.

I love that the other summoners use the same Aeons you do, and that all of them, even Anima, are obtainable. Too often games would leave things like that enemy only. I also love that the other minor character summoners rename their Aeons. It gives a touch more personality to them. Or are they simply naming them, and the aeons in fact have no name of their own, and what we get as the defaults are actually simply Yuna's preferences? Hmm, something to think about...

Karifean
04-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Hmm, where do I even start?

I love Tidus' narration. He has a much more 'mature' voice in those clips and it really makes you feel like he's come a long way and he's learned a lot. It also makes him probably the most relatable protagonist in the FF series - might even be recognized as such if people didn't hate him for other reasons.

Also, I think having Tidus as the main character was great. Spira is a really complex world and they needed explanations. Enter Tidus, someone who - like the player themselves - comes from a completely different world, knows absolutely nothing about it and can develop "outside opinions"; as in, are machina really that bad? Are Al Bhed really traitors? Well, the one Al Bhed we met was pretty nice, so I suppose not? I liked slowly bringing the other characters to reflect on the teachings of Yevon and not take them as an absolute truth.

Could you imagine how the story would've failed if they had someone else as the narrating character? In fact, Square Enix showed us how it would play out: They need some way to tell you how the world works in FF XIII, so they made the Datalogs. And most people agree that that was terrible storytelling. Final Fantasy X didn't have that problem, thanks to Tidus.

Not to mention the other characters are all great as well. Yuna plays a naive but determined young summoner who gets an alternative point of view on the teachings etc. via Tidus. The love story between Tidus and Yuna is wonderfully done IMO. I didn't mind her being kidnapped multiple times, because they had a good explanation for it - they even made it a plot point. She also has a beautiful character design.

Lulu acts as sort of a mentor for Tidus and the player, being the one who frequently explains Spira to them. She too is partially blinded by the teachings of Yevon, but because Yuna is an Al Bhed, she's not racist. She doesn't have Auron's aura of "knowing a lot but keeping quiet", she takes the 'older, wiser character who knows a lot' into a different direction. Also, her backstory with Lady Ginnem was nice and that music during the Yojimbo battle gives me chills.

Wakka represents the typical "completely blinded by the teachings" Spirans as a player character. While he is racist and intolerant when it comes to Yevon's church, he is still an interesting character. He shows how even the nicest of people can be racists - but you can also see that he has the potential of abandoning that racism. He just never actually met and interacted with any Al Bhed - at least not to his knowledge. It's really strange to suddenly see him turn on Rikku and insult her when she tells him she's Al Bhed even though they got along fine up to this point. Tidus also says that. Eventually he realizes the Al Bhed aren't the bad guys when seeing what horrors they go through, how terribly they're treated when the Guado burn down Home. He has some of my favorite character development in all FF.

Auron is a completely different kind of character. He's already done the journey once, so he already knows all the other characters learn throughout the pilgrimage. Yet still, he keeps quiet about it because he wants each of them to see it with their own eyes. Had he just started by telling Yuna that the religion of Yevon is full of hollow lies, I don't think it'd have worked to great effect. He is also a character who seems both very distant and very close. He frequently talks to Tidus so he seems close, but you can always sense that he knows a lot more than he's telling so he seems distant. Also, he's badass, but I don't think I needed to say that.

Rikku is the one guadian who doesn't actually want to finish the journey. When she tells Tidus the reason, the two of them start thinking together on how they could stop Yuna from sacrificing herself, as they think it's totally wrong. Rikku plays a central role in stopping the senseless pilgrimage. Also, when the party got to Home, I felt more attached and sympathetic to Rikku than ever before in any game to any character. She's just a very likeable character and usually stands for exactly what the player thinks as well.

I could go on about different aspects of the game, but I think I'll wrap it up with the overall feel and the ending.

Never before or since have I felt as emotionally attached to a world and storyline as in this game. It has wonderful writing, every second scene is memorable, the interactions between the characters are great and the backstory of every single character is interesting and makes you really relate to said character. Even Kimahri's backstory was handled nicely. I personally also like the voice acting, but I can see why people don't. The world of Spira is very fleshed out, there's so much to explore in terms of culture, almost all areas have something memorable about them and overall I just loved going through it.
And then we have the ending, which beats even the scenes when the party reaches Zanarkand. It has my favorite music in the entire series (seriously, Ending Theme is great) and it brings me to tears every time I see Yuna run through Tidus. That last line "the people and friends that we have lost... or the dreams that have faded... never forget them" is delivered perfectly and I could not think of a better, more memorable way to end such a great game. It doesn't have a Hollywood ending (though SE made one for it if you need it) and it works incredibly well. My favorite ending to any work of fiction ever.

Pheesh
04-24-2013, 07:26 AM

I would play the trout out of that game.

I really like the characters in FFX and I LOVE the world. I think that Spira is one of the most amazing game worlds I've ever seen and when I was younger I wanted nothing more than to just live in Besaid (still do tbh). I'm not ashamed to admit that FFX is my favourite in the series simply because in my opinion it is the prettiest . The FMV's are beautiful, the locations are beautiful the music is both haunting and beautiful. The story kept me engaged and wanting to play, which is all I will ever ask for, anything more is a bonus, and to this day the voice acting doesn't bother me at all.

·.¸(¯`'·.¸(¯`'·.¸(¯`'·.¸ G R 8 ¯`*•._.•´¯G A M E ¯`*•._.•´¯W O U L D¯`*•._.•´¯P L A Y¯`*•._.•´¯A G A I N .·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)¸.·'´¯)¸.·

TrollHunter
04-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Dat music. Ahhh love it.
Also, the seymour boss fights were really fun.
And nothing is more awesome than...
Hasteaga + quick hit was an unstoppable combination.

FFX is a ton of fun, and i find it actually has a surprising amount of replayability for a game so linear.

Loony BoB
04-24-2013, 04:18 PM
The various areas of the world are beautifully created. I think they are the best display of 'fantasy' in the entire Final Fantasy series.

EDIT: And yeah, the music is beautiful, too, particularly Suteki da ne. The battle system was proper quality, too. And Blitzball was fun, although I totally agree with MILF that it would be so much better if it was all-out like a Football Manager game. They wouldn't need to do all the scouting since all the players would be fictional, so SE should get in touch with SI and see what can be done. :p

Pumpkin
04-24-2013, 04:33 PM
This game is engaging and a lot of fun. While it isn't in my top 3 favorites, it's still very good. I just started my third playthrough.

I really like Kimahri. I think they could have done more with him. At the same time, if they did too much, he wouldn't be Kimahri anymore. It's hard to strike a balance there. I liked Yuna. She was a sweet woman with a good heart and at the end, even though the teachings of Yevon were everything she knew and grew up with, she was still able to cast that aside to do something better.

The battles are fun, although I prefer the ATB system. Talking in battle was neat. I think X-2 did a great job of that. The way you could summon the aeons and have them fight for a while was great. The turn system did allow for easy planning since the turn order was displayed right on the side. Something I really liked was how all characters participating in battle got points, and you could swap out in a fight. So I would have a few cast status buffs before finishing a fight so that they all got points.

If we're including X-2, I think the job system was great. I love job systems, or fully customizable systems (like XII) where I can make my own job systems. It allowed for customization as well so I was very happy. The battle system in X-2 was excellent and I would be more than happy if all of the Final Fantasy battles were like that.

I liked the religious overtones to X. I am religious, but I can still make my own decisions and have morals and values that are based on me as a person, and not just based on what my religion tells me to do. I have however encountered many people who can't think past their own nose and use the Bible as a character guide. Some people can be ignorant based on their faith and some can take it to the extreme and use it to discriminate against others or hurt them and I think that's just wrong. I think this game demonstrated that well. You have people like Yuna who uses Yevon to try and do good (stop Sin to bring the Calm). And then people who discriminate against the Al Bhed.

The music was very good in most cases, the towns were well done. I loved the Mi'Hen Highroad. Macalania was beautiful. Mt-Gagazet was beautiful as well.

Jinx
04-24-2013, 04:55 PM
The various areas of the world are beautifully created. I think they are the best display of 'fantasy' in the entire Final Fantasy series.

EDIT: And yeah, the music is beautiful, too, particularly Suteki da ne. The battle system was proper quality, too. And Blitzball was fun, although I totally agree with MILF that it would be so much better if it was all-out like a Football Manager game. They wouldn't need to do all the scouting since all the players would be fictional, so SE should get in touch with SI and see what can be done. :p

Suteki da ne is the worst. 5 minutes of listening to a nasally Asian chick sing off key. >.>

Pheesh
04-24-2013, 04:57 PM
17 posts, well that didn't take long, did it?

Loony BoB
04-24-2013, 04:59 PM

Suteki da ne is the worst. 5 minutes of listening to a nasally Asian chick sing off key. >.>
Well, it should be noted that I love that song because of the performance of it on the Distant Worlds tour by Susan Calloway, so perhaps that's not technically part of the game. The song itself was gorgeously performed by Susan, though, so that makes me like the song. I can't even remember what it's like in the actual game. xD

Quindiana Jones
04-24-2013, 05:01 PM
STFU n GTFO TB. No negs here. :colbert:

The music is some of the best in the series, which makes it some of the best in gaming. The world is one of the most beautiful, though I only wish I could lollop about in it as much as in XII's. Spira with Ivalice's openness = glorious jizztastrophe.

Forsaken Lover
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Seymour was a good villain. While not handled perfectly, he was written pretty well a majority of the time and having him as a 'personal villain" compared to thE "impersonal antagonist" of Sin was great.

It has some of the best music in JRPG history.

The voice-acting was outright brilliant at points, such as the revelation in the Summoner's Sanctum. James Arnold Taylor's Tidus gets too much flack - he was just providing an annoying voice for an annoying characte. It fit perfectly. Nowhere is that more clear than his heartrending performance when he learns Yuna will die.

FFX-2's plot gets a lot of crap and most of it is probably deserved. However I applaud it wholeheartedly in one area and that is its showing how Spira changed in two years. The world and its inhabitants had been slaves to a theocracy for a millennium and I think the game did a very realistic and interesting job in detailing how everyone would react to it just collapsing. When it comes to people's responses, some would cling to tradition(New Yevon) while others would become extremely rebellious and liberal(the Youth League). With the collapse of a unified religion and a supreme oligarchy, lawlessness would abound (LaBlanc, the Bandits you can encounter in the Moonflow) and sanctified places and ideas would become nothing more than things to exploit. (the Calm lands, Zanarkand)

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2013, 08:09 PM
It's tied for my favorite in the series!

Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Junya Nakano are my favorite three video game music composers and all three of them worked on this game's soundtrack, so natrually it's my favorite.

Formalhaut
04-24-2013, 10:55 PM
particularly Suteki da ne.

I can listen the smurf out of Suteki Da Ne.

Aulayna
04-24-2013, 11:17 PM
sZD6GDOsNYE

<3

Nebulance
04-25-2013, 01:30 AM

Ya like that?! (Read in Tidus' voice)

The music was very good in most cases, the towns were well done. I loved the Mi'Hen Highroad. Macalania was beautiful. Mt-Gagazet was beautiful as well.

i love the music in this game; so glad I have the soundtrack… macalania and gagazet were beautiful! So was Besaid -- probably my favorite spot… also loved the moonflow

Karifean
04-25-2013, 01:39 PM
The game also has some of the most memorable scenes in any FF game. No, scratch that; this game has THE most memorable scenes in any FF game. The top three that comes to mind is when reaching Yunalesca up until fighting her, the scenes after beating Sanctuary Keeper and - naturally - the ending. I absolutely love these scenes and every time I watch them they only get better.

Forsaken Lover
04-25-2013, 03:55 PM
I put X Rikku and X-2 Yuna in my Top 5 Sexiest FF Babes List.

That's no mean feat considering the roster of hotties in this series.

Pumpkin
04-25-2013, 05:19 PM
I will say this. The plot twist of Yu Yevon having originally been the enemy of Bevelle and Bevelle having been the ones using machina weapons and Zanarkand being the summoner place was quite interesting. It's interesting how Bevelle then made Yevon their faith and made Zanarkand out to be the ones who were using machina weapons and such.

maybee
04-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Just a question is Final Fantasy X hated here that much ? I know that Final Fantasy VIII gets tons of backlash here, but I thought that FF X was pretty loved here ?

Suteki na De is beautiful.

Nebulance
04-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Just a question is Final Fantasy X hated here that much ? I know that Final Fantasy VIII gets tons of backlash here, but I thought that FF X was pretty loved here ?

It does seem odd, especially if people hate it so much, that they have to spend so much energy on the *FFX* part of the forum...

Sephiroth
04-26-2013, 12:59 PM
It does seem odd, especially if people hate it so much, that they have to spend so much energy on the *FFX* part of the forum...

I will never understand people hating a single Final Fantasy.

Pete for President
04-26-2013, 03:48 PM

Could it be just a trend? Like, the hate shifts from one FF to another on the forum for no particular reason other than some specific forum being busier than the other? I remember several FF's having their share of 'abnormal amount of hate'.

Edit: oh wait it's the FFX love thread. Not joking, I love FFX. It's glory is only surpassed by Dark Souls and X is my second favorite game of all time so far.

maybee
04-27-2013, 05:25 AM
Could it be just a trend? Like, the hate shifts from one FF to another on the forum for no particular reason other than some specific forum being busier than the other? I remember several FF's having their share of 'abnormal amount of hate'.

Edit: oh wait it's the FFX love thread. Not joking, I love FFX. It's glory is only surpassed by Dark Souls and X is my second favorite game of all time so far.

Bandwagons do happen.

Yeah I like FF X as well. :jess:

TrollHunter
04-29-2013, 07:59 AM

Well, at least for me I don't go to specific areas of the forum anymore.
I go to new posts or check "what's new" for the activity stream. I get all the FF(insert roman number here) love and hate from there without having to wade through all the dead threads in each individual FF section.

black orb
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
>>> Tidus shadow boxing..:luca:

chionos
04-30-2013, 10:33 PM

I will never understand people hating a single Final Fantasy.

Yeah, if you hate one FF, there's probably another just like it to hate as well.

Caledfwlch
05-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Spira with Ivalice's openness = glorious jizztastrophe.

Yeah man, seriously, how many towns were there? This game was like a precursor to FFXIII's corridor. Would've been nice to actually see Bevelle. I feel like I was cheated out of a completely different experience.

and as for travel... fuck this screen:

Shauna
05-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Complaints about FFX in the FFX love thread makes me sad. :(

Caledfwlch
05-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Bitch, you want complaints?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg9I54vFFms
There.

chionos
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Slow your roll there Cale. Shauna's no bitch. She's sweet as homemade strawberry jelly.

Jinx
05-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Slow your roll there Cale. Shauna's no bitch. She's sweet as homemade strawberry jelly.

Yeah. We love a good ribbing here, but calling someone bitch in a non-playful tone isn't really okay. (Especially when it's Shauna who is not bitchy in the least.)

Pike
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Caledfwgydgygwlldygwelshname: Swearing, ribbing, etc. is okay but please keep an eye on your tone. You are now free to hate me for the rest of your time spent on Effoff because I called you out on something minor and it means that I am now your nemesis. It's cool, bro.

Chionos, TB: I know you guys meant well but backseat modding is against the rules so please just use the report button in the future if you feel a post is out of line.

http://clogical.homestead.com/files/cloutcookiecookiemonster.gif

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Cid's Knight ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no report button~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

chionos
05-01-2013, 11:11 PM
I wasn't trying to mod him. I was trying to give him a heads up before he got modded since he's new. Benefit of the doubt and all that. Reporting is like being a tattle-tale. Notice my tone, and how I turned it into a positive instead of telling Cale he did something wrong.

I did the right thing and broke no rules. :colbert:

Pike
05-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I wasn't trying to mod him. I was trying to give him a heads up before he got modded since he's new. Benefit of the doubt and all that. Reporting is like being a tattle-tale. Notice my tone, and how I turned it into a positive instead of telling Cale he did something wrong.

Yours was borderline. But by debating it you are making it even more borderline. In a certain direction. :greenie:

chionos
05-01-2013, 11:27 PM

Yours was borderline. But by debating it you are making it even more borderline. In a certain direction. :greenie:

Gosh Pike, stop derailing this wonderful FFX thread.
You CKs and your fear of losing power. :screwy:

FFX's sphere grid was brilliant if not fully realized (see the pathofexile grid). There were a few fantastic boss fights.

Pike
05-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I like going on power trips every once in a while. It keeps me on my toes and gives me valuable experience that I will need to fight BoB in the thunderdome someday. (He is the current reigning champion of power trips.)

And I agree on the sphere grid. I never got to play the game with the Expert Sphere Grid though :(

chionos
05-01-2013, 11:39 PM
To be honest, I've wanted to replay X for a while now, but I want to wait for the HD reskin to come out. All the X talk makes waiting difficult.

Madame Adequate
05-01-2013, 11:49 PM
The difference between the normal and advanced Sphere Grid is night and day. Normal is an offensive and pretty system of linear character development, with a few chances to branch out and grab an extra speed sphere or something. Advanced is a crazy network of spheres that let you reasonably easily turn any character towards any role. Never play without it if you have the option.

Jinx
05-01-2013, 11:53 PM
The difference between the normal and advanced Sphere Grid is night and day. Normal is an offensive and pretty system of linear character development, with a few chances to branch out and grab an extra speed sphere or something. Advanced is a crazy network of spheres that let you reasonably easily turn any character towards any role. Never play without it if you have the option.

My Yuna would be like Auron and Auron would be Yuna.

Raistlin
05-02-2013, 12:56 AM
I just can't begin to care about FFX enough to want to play it again with the advanced sphere grid, though I imagine it does improve a lot. The normal sphere grid is pretty poor for customization until later in the game.

Bitch, you want complaints?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg9I54vFFms
There.

Cale, please ignore these bitches people. I, at least, recognized as obvious your joking tone. :p

fire_of_avalon
05-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Wesley, don't be an underminer.

FFX is my second favorite FF, behind IV. I love this game more than some members of my family.

Rebellious Eagle
05-03-2013, 01:22 AM
It's also tied for my second favorite FF with V and behind VI. I really want to replay it but I should probably try to beat XIII first...

chionos
05-03-2013, 01:32 AM
It's also tied for my second favorite FF with V and behind VI. I really want to replay it but I should probably try to beat XIII first...

Don't bother. Just replay X.

Zeiferxx
05-04-2013, 07:31 PM
FFX is my best FF game after FFVIII. It has great storyline, great characters and fantastic leveling up system. It is such a large game and FFX is the RPG that I played longest that any other. What is good in the game? One word everything, nothing specific, just everything.

Daylight
05-09-2013, 10:50 AM
To be honest, I've wanted to replay X for a while now, but I want to wait for the HD reskin to come out. All the X talk makes waiting difficult.

My thoughts exactly. I love pretty much everything about this game, and I've been itching to pick it up again. I've already decided to purchase the HD reskin though, so I want to wait until then. Ahh, choices :stare:

My favourite part about X is the story. FFX was the first game that really messed up my emotions. The story is so engaging. The first time I played it I would scream/laugh/cry at the game whenever something happened. I used to get stuck a lot because I'm pretty terrible at video games, but the motivation to see what happened next kept me from giving up.

The music is fantastic as well.