PDA

View Full Version : I played through Sick Irony and uploaded it to YouTube.

XxSephirothxX
04-21-2013, 08:53 AM

Hey guys. Have you ever played Sick Irony, BOU's RPG about Eyes on Final Fantasy? I hadn't until the last few days. But now I have, and I decided to record it while I played. It's not a perfect playthrough and I probably missed some funny stuff here and there, but it's the game from start to finish in less than two and a half hours.

w9mJ1uV1fkY

If you haven't played it, watch and enjoy if you don't want to go through the effort of downloading RPG Maker and all that junk to play a 13 (yes, 13!) year old game. If you have played it, post about the stuff I missed cause I'm dumb.

Loony BoB
04-21-2013, 09:26 AM
For some reason "You pat the well lovingly" has stuck with me forever.

Psychotic
04-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Wow, good job. I've beaten it twice, although I usually hack the fuck out of the game to reduce battles because I cba.

...now finish the story of Consuela and the Fuzzy Bees. :colbert:

XxSephirothxX
04-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Wow, good job. I've beaten it twice, although I usually hack the fuck out of the game to reduce battles because I cba.

...now finish the story of Consuela and the Fuzzy Bees. :colbert:
Haha, hard to believe, but my friend and I still poke at it now and again. Surprised you remember it. The jokes still make us laugh like crazy, but I don't know that anyone else would find them funny. It's probably 70% written and mapped, but neither of us have the motivation to actually do encounter design or music or items. It's just an outlet for weird, maybe terrible writing.

Psychotic
04-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Oh, believe you me I know the curse of RPG Maker! I still have it, actually. I collect EoFF RPGs. I also have Endless Idiocy, BAoTW Forever (obviously) Rase's RPG and the delightfully failed REM Saga. Yes, Laddy, Marick, qwerty, Levian and Stu I am specifically referring to all of you when I say FAILED :colbert:

I still want lonny bob's boom snaff flowers game though. If anyone has a copy, do send it my way!

Also watching this, it's funny how the sound effects don't work at all for you and the music sounds totally different (and better) to how it does for me.

XxSephirothxX
04-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Oh weird, I don't know what the hell is going on with the sound effects. That was either lost in recording or uploading to Youtube, because they all worked when I was playing the game. That sucks, because they add a lot of character to the game. I'll check the video and see if I can figure out what happened to them.

Loony BoB
04-21-2013, 11:15 AM
EoFF: Out of Context never got very far beyond the planning stages. xD I love to plan, I hate to bother with implementation. Takes too long.

Shoeberto
04-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Oh, believe you me I know the curse of RPG Maker! I still have it, actually. I collect EoFF RPGs. I also have Endless Idiocy, BAoTW Forever (obviously) Rase's RPG and the delightfully failed REM Saga. Yes, Laddy, Marick, qwerty, Levian and Stu I am specifically referring to all of you when I say FAILED :colbert:

I still want lonny bob's boom snaff flowers game though. If anyone has a copy, do send it my way!

Also watching this, it's funny how the sound effects don't work at all for you and the music sounds totally different (and better) to how it does for me.
lol. I forgot about rem saga. I gave it an honest effort at first and then college happened.

I'd be up for an EoFF game jam if you guys wanted to try again though.

Also could you send me Endless Idiocy? I lost it some time ago and I'm a little sad about it despite how crap it was.

Laddy
04-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Hey, my chapter was more or less finished. I was supremely proud of it! :colbert:

XxSephirothxX
04-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Update: I figured out what was wrong with the audio and re-uploaded a fixed version. Listen to those thrilling sound effects!

If anyone with FTP access wants to upload the game to EoFF's servers for safekeeping and linking, that'd be cool. Or maybe it's already on there, in which case I'll add a link to the first post. I have it and Bley's walkthrough to upload, if not.