PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Coming to PS3 and PS4

Xannidel
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
RUMOR: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Coming to PS3 and PS4 - Project Crystallis (http://projectcrystallis.org/rumor-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-coming-to-ps3-and-ps4/)

"The French website, Gameblog (http://www.gameblog.fr/news/35171-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-sortira-sur-ps4-et-ps3), claims to have a insider source in Square Enix that has confirmed Final Fantasy Versus XIII will launch on Sony’s PlayStation 3 and their next generation PlayStation 4 console. Take a look at the translation from Gameblog:
“According to our source close to Square Enix, we are able to confirm the arrival of Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS3 … and PS4.
According to our information, the change would have occurred there are now nearly 2 years. A moment more complex during development. The life of the project has been anything but smooth sailing. But no, the title is definitely not canceled.
Note that today, the title would be dedicated to Sony machines and therefore do not come out on Xbox 360.
Our source confirmed that Sony would have helped this transition with the PS4 portage financially. The price for such exclusivity? Difficult to judge. Remains to be more and know a release date. Square Enix is scheduled to speak on the subject at E3 2013 in June in Los Angeles.”
This actually sounds like the most reasonable rumor when compared to the recent switch to PS4 rumor. We will just have to wait and ”be excited for E3″ 2013. So how do you guys feel about this? I’m sure you’re all excited that this may be coming to both the PS3 and PS4. Let us know in the comment section, and stay up to date on everything Final Fantasy Versus XIII with Project Crystallis."

Formalhaut
04-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Eh.

Del Murder
04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah right, the French are the ones breaking this story with an 'inside source'. This is one of the least believable attempts yet.

Until E3 comes around I'm not going to believe any news on Versus.

DMKA
04-23-2013, 02:08 AM
claims to have a insider source

Again? This is just getting sad. It so hard to get excited over rumors about a game that has had nothing but rumors about it for the last five years of it's development. Not that this is a new rumor anyway.

I'm crossing my fingers for E3. I have a good feeling. I think this will be the one guys, really! The one where we get actual news from Square Enix about Versus XIII!

Slothy
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Yeah, I don't buy it. I think it's far more likely that it will simply be showing up on the PS4 at this point given a number of things: Square saying to look out for some news at E3, their continued insistence that it's not cancelled, and the development of their new engine.

And it almost certainly will not come out for both the PS3 and PS4. The amount of extra work involved to get it running on both would be ludicrous. You'd basically be making the same game twice, and either PS3 users would get the shaft by not getting features that are in the PS4 version, or the PS4 version would be held back by the PS3 version to keep them both roughly the same.

To put it bluntly, I'm calling bullshit on this rumour. It sounds absolutely ridiculous to me.

Wolf Kanno
04-24-2013, 11:14 PM
I don't think its far fetched for it to be released on both. They've certainly had time to make the game for both systems, and even just having a thrown together port of the game as a launch title for the PS4 will certainly help Sony out and give SE a major head start on other RPGs for the console.

Slothy
04-25-2013, 01:45 AM
I'm not saying it won't happen, but I don't think that what could amount to an HD port (not literally of course) of Versus from the PS3 to the PS4 would really be all that helpful. Whether their recent titles deserved it or not, Square is generally known for pushing hardware. A PS3 port wouldn't do that without rebuilding large chunks of it from the ground up. And I don't really see the value in doing that.

Roogle
04-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah right, the French are the ones breaking this story with an 'inside source'. This is one of the least believable attempts yet.

Until E3 comes around I'm not going to believe any news on Versus.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the opening post. I found myself wondering how a French website would have insider information on a Japanese company. I wonder what the story there would be?

In any case, Final Fantasy Versus XIII has had such a small amount of information for it that it is extremely susceptible to wild speculation and rumors. Remember when several news sources were saying that the game had been cancelled and some of the development team had to refute it on Twitter?

Zeiferxx
05-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I prefer PS4 exclusive.

DanielCLFFF13
05-07-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm confused why Final Fantasy Versus 13 not out in the XBOX. Microsoft will release the XBOX 720, which reportedly uses AMD 7000 graphics. And will be cheaper than PS4. But it according to some websites that I read.

Bolivar
05-10-2013, 03:12 AM
I really do buy it. I just think how they showed how far in development the game was with a ton of gameplay footage and story sequences like 2 years ago and then POOF nothing probably coincided with Luminous and Sony really getting their launch lineup ready. The game has come so far on PS3, I don't see that version being scrapped altogether. At the same time, it's disappearance makes a PS4 launch likely. I really do see this happening, especially since so many of the next-gen engines (like Luminous) run on both current and next-gen.

But like Vivi, it's kind of a lose-lose situation. The PS4 version will be just barely considered a true next-gen game and owners of the PS3 copy will always feel like they own an incomplete version of the game.

But if this is a launch title alongside Killzone, inFamous, Drive Club, and Watch Dogs this will be the first time in console history that you actually have to really choose which games you're gonna get with the console. At least speaking for myself.

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2013, 04:28 AM
See, I don't see a simultaneous launch as a bad thing for SE, at least from a business perspective. They expand their market by appealing to the fans who will jump to new consoles, keep their promise to the fans who bought a PS3 and waited for years, and chances are got a serious bonus from Sony do all of this since an FF title as a launch for their new console should increase the systems launch success. The project along with FFXIV have been bleeding money for the company and since the Eidos division didn't do as well as the company's unrealistic expectations wanted them to, this may be a good compromise to get them back into the game.

Roogle
05-16-2013, 10:43 PM
But like Vivi, it's kind of a lose-lose situation. The PS4 version will be just barely considered a true next-gen game and owners of the PS3 copy will always feel like they own an incomplete version of the game.

Yes. I see what you're saying. The end of a console cycle and the beginning a console cycle are poor times to release games as you will have technological limitations either way. Although, I would prefer a release sooner than not at all with the rate of development on this game.

Bolivar
05-18-2013, 02:30 AM
^ Yep, I'm just ready to play the damn thing more than anything else lol