PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft!

escobert
04-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Well were you happy with you teams pick? what were your big surprises?

I'm pretty happy with the Bears pick of Kyle Long. Apperently he's rated as "rare" on Scott Pioloi's list of guards dating back twelve years.

Highlights: OL Kyle Long (http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Highlights_OL_Kyle_Long/f70ace16-2b43-4bf9-9b68-7ceeae8ea168)

Ouch!
04-26-2013, 08:41 PM
I was at the draft last night with a group of about 35 Dolphins in the upper deck. When we traded for the third pick, we went crazy. Everyone assumed we were trading up for Lane Johnson, and considering our need at tackle, none of us were too bummed about that. And then we picked Dion Jordan instead and we all went ballistic. Then we found out that all we gave up to move up was our first and second, absolutely fleecing the Raiders and taking advantage of their desperation to trade down. I also ended up on TV at some point. I think it was NFL Network that came up to interview us, but I wasn't sure. We couldn't even hear what the guy was saying over our chanting.

escobert
04-26-2013, 11:25 PM
hahahaha that's awesome.

Pheesh
04-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Well were you happy with you teams pick? what were your big surprises?

I'm pretty happy with the Bears pick of Kyle Long. Apperently he's rated as "rare" on Scott Pioloi's list of guards dating back twelve years.

Highlights: OL Kyle Long (http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Highlights_OL_Kyle_Long/f70ace16-2b43-4bf9-9b68-7ceeae8ea168)

From everything I've heard that was a real reach by you guys, but I can understand needing to protect cutler and your staff must have freaked out watching all those OT's going in the top 10.

Really happy with the Ram's first round. Second great draft in a row by Snead and Fisher, we desperately needed Tavon and it was a great move to trade up and ensure that happened. The trade down for Ogletree was great as well as if he isn't an issue off field it's going to be a massive steal. Top 10-15 talent and an immediate starter, Fisher has a history of getting the goods out of 'troubled' players as well. Looking forward to next season.

escobert
04-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Yeah Rams did pretty well. I would have loved to have seen the Bears take Ogletree but, I'm happy with their second round choice LB Jon Bostic out of Florida.

Cz
04-27-2013, 05:35 PM
The Lions took Ziggy Ansah at #5, which I'm not at all confident about. I understand it's a crappy year to be drafting high and there aren't many elite prospects, but that's no reason to target a massive boom/bust DE in the top 5 when you could have taken solid value at corner or guard. Obviously I'm not in a good position to evaluate talent, and there's every possibility the guy lives up to his potential and gives us a killer edge rush, but memories of some of the athletically gifted pass-rushing guys in recent years who've gone on to bust hard (Vernon Gholston, I'm looking at you) have me terrified.

Our second-day picks make me a lot happier. Darius Slay looks like he'll contribute in the secondary right away and Larry Warford is a beast (and more importantly, not Steven Peterman). Interesting to see Mayhew drafting for need this year after going BPA for pretty much his entire tenure. Guess this is his make-or-break year.

In other news, lol Bills :lol:

edczxcvbnm
04-29-2013, 03:20 AM
I was quite happy with the Packers draft. Datone Jones should shore up the D Line next to Raj and Picket and then Lacey in the 2nd round was awesome. I was so scared when they traded down instead of taking him right away. The Pack need a serious running game and I think Lacey along with some more OLine picks should help out a lot. Then they just added more depth on D all around. I am pretty damned happy.

As for the Bears pick of Long, it is a potential pick. He has a pretty high ceiling but there is still a ways for him to go. It is a bit of a reach but they were kind of being put up against the wall with all the other OLinemen going. They needed a guy and there was no guarantee how long he would have lasted with how many others were going in the first round. Maybe they should have traded down but then they were potentially risking being forced to pick someone worse and #1 priority for them is protecting Culter and showing him that they are doing everything they can to fix the problems around him so that he can succeed considering it is a contract year. I can't really hold it against the Bears for making that pick.