PDA

View Full Version : Scenes that made you sob your stupid eyes out at

Shorty
04-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Books, movies, shows. Out with it, but mark your smurfing spoilers.

oIoJVH3eQmY

eX-AgZANxLw

this scene oh my god feeeeels ;__________________________;
y688upqmRXo

This one is at the top of the list. It shatters my heart every time. ;-;

1bd2RE0OjyE

NorthernChaosGod
04-27-2013, 06:41 AM
zCNgNkAZqg4

If that doesn't make you cry, then you're dead inside.

Sephex
04-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Yes, I am serious. For whatever reason, this movie just got to me.

N7UtdTiuO3w

Laddy
04-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Ofelia dies.
"All those...moments...will be lost. In time. Like...tears in the rain."
The End :'(
First 15 minutes. And when the house lands on Paradise Falls.
"I think...I'm ready."
Last Scene
The End
"Jack...I swear..."
"They say he ran like a crazy man."
Pi's re-telling of the story.
"Our people. ...Our people. I would have followed you my brother. My captain. My king....
"I find it kinda funny. I find it kinda sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."

Pheesh
04-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Good Will Hunting: "it's not your fault." Omg I cry like a little bitch every time.

When Neil kills himself and Todd finds out.

Also the video that NCG posted up.

chionos
04-27-2013, 08:15 AM
My friends...you bow to no one.

Every time.

blackmage_nuke
04-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Cliche answer
A5peiLlHdvo

charliepanayi
04-27-2013, 09:54 AM
The final ten minutes of the last episode of Six Feet Under.

Pike
04-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Toy Story 3 ending.

The Amber Spyglass ending.

Last five minutes of the last episode of Digimon season 3 (shut up)

Unbreakable Will
04-27-2013, 12:36 PM
The scene in where the kids are throwing footballs at the shed he's in and he's freaking out makes me cry every fucking time.

I may or may not have cried at the end of Les Miserables where Jean Veljean dies..

I cried my eyes out when I watched Marley and Me because I had recently buried my dog at the time.

I let a tear slip past in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t75STnoaR1w scene of Phantom.

Don't you judge me. :colbert:

Jinx
04-27-2013, 01:46 PM
The scene in Forest Gump where Jenny throws the rocks at her childhood home.

All of all three Lord of the Rings movies. No, really. Watch it with me. I basically sob the entire time.

The part in Titanic, not when Jack dies (although that sometimes gets me too), but when Rose slides off the plank into the water and swims over to the guy and starts blowing his whistle. The music swells, the lifeboat's light shines on her face...

In What Dreams May Come when Robin Williams sees his daughter again for the first time. (Also, this whole movie.)

escobert
04-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Patch Adams is the last movie I remember crying during.

Burtsplurt
04-27-2013, 03:55 PM
The most recent film I saw that made me cry was the documentary Senna. The first time I managed to hold back because I was at the cinema and I didn't want to lose my, well, not-a-tough-guy-at-all image. When I watched alone on DVD I was blubbing all the way through the death and funeral scenes.

For a comedy, the ending of Blackadder is really touching.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, You Can Count On Me and Magnolia have all made me cry at some point.

And I totally agree with Forrest Gump.

NeoCracker
04-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Two moments in this show are just down right depressing. The first being the arc that introduces Grimmer. The entire story is building up to one line, "The hardest thing to learn was how to smile". In one instant, everything you've come to know about the character of Grimmer is completely changed, and the characters true troubles come to light, and god damn it's depressing.

The second comes near the end, the death of Grimmer. His little speach about all the emotions of his life finally reaching him. All the happy and sad, his final words to Franz, it's fucking heartbreaking.

And yeah, I don't think I really need to say the scene in Bebop that did it, you'll probably know if you've watched it. :p

Night Fury
04-27-2013, 06:56 PM
When Buffy has to fight and kill Angel/Angelus in Becoming Part II. When Angelus kills Jenny Calendar in Passions. Any time when Willow cries because goddamn I just cry watching her. Buffy sacrificing herself in The Gift. Xander losing his eye in Dirty Girls. The whole of Chosen... In fact, I just cry a whole lot at Buffy tbh. Oh god, and major tears at the season 6 finale Grave. SO MANY FEELS

Madame Adequate
04-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Babylon 5's final episode, Sleeping in Light.

Every. Time.

Jowy
04-27-2013, 07:42 PM
the first ten minutes of "Up".

Sephex
04-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Babylon 5's final episode, Sleeping in Light.

Every. Time.

Absolutely. My dad loved this series as well. While my dad isn't some hardass, he rarely cries. That episode was one of the very few times I actually saw my own dad cry.

On the subject of Sci-Fi....

Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Inner Light." As a kid, I didn't cry at it, but I certainly felt the weight of the episode and thought the concept was more fascinating than anything. The first time I saw that episode as an adult (sometime in the last five years), I ****ing losy it completely. This is one of the few things that makes me "sob my stupid eyes out" every time.

Skyblade
04-27-2013, 08:47 PM
When Harry gets to see his daughter at the end.

krissy
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
when the group and finally aeris's hand help cloud fly up to defeat bahamut

Pike
04-27-2013, 10:15 PM
I should also mention; when I get really sick it messes up my emotions and I cry at the drop of a hat.

A little while back I got really sick and tried to distract myself with TV and just wound up bawling my eyes out because Chuckie's pet bug died on an episode of Rugrats.

Sephex
04-28-2013, 03:15 AM
I should also mention; when I get really sick it messes up my emotions and I cry at the drop of a hat.

A little while back I got really sick and tried to distract myself with TV and just wound up bawling my eyes out because Chuckie's pet bug died on an episode of Rugrats.

No, Pike! You had an oil leak around your eyes because of a malfunction where your programming thought it was feeling negative emotions! C'mon! It's part of the lore!

Lawr
04-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Martin Luther King didn't die on the cross 400 years ago for this scene to not have been posted yet!

<br>oSKyaXkzVvc

I didn't cry but this gets me right in the jejunum every time. =-/

Shiny
04-28-2013, 04:33 AM
The only scenes I cried at was the end of the following things:

SOME SPOILERS MIND YOU BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN MOST OF THESE THINGS ALREADY ANYWAY

Cowboy Bebop - Cried mostly because a great show was over and I wanted more ;__;
Pan's Labyrinth - Bawled like a baby I think my lip quivered and everything
Pay it Forward - I obviously don't like when children die
A.I. - the real ending not the ones with the lame Aliens
The Notebook - not a full on cry, but like a teary eyed "aww" cry but still counts
Edward Scissorhands - because it was so beautiful with the music and the snow and the dancing and the everything
Click - the whole family comes first thing that was sweet too bad the rest of the movie sucked
Requiem for a Dream - I cried not because I was sad but because it was just all too much I just can't
I Am Legend - When he killed his dog. Will Smith dying is ok though
District 9 - the flower ;___;

I also cried when Michael Clare Duncan's character died in The Green Mile and My Girl when she sees the little's boy's body in the funeral home. I am pretty sure I get teary eyed at the beginning of Up too. I don't even remember what happened in the rest of the film. As far as I am concerned Up is only 10 minutes long.

Pheesh
04-28-2013, 05:13 AM
Oh yeah, Click and The Green Mile got me as well.

Calliope
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Police Academy

Wallace & Gromit: A Grand Day Out

Jurassic Park

Breine
04-28-2013, 03:17 PM
I literally sobbed my way through "Bully". Everyone should watch that (I think it's on youtube in HD). I also recently watched "Dear Zachery: A Letter to a Son About His Father" - and during the ending it just got too much and I let my precious tears flow.

The ending of "My Dog Skip" also gets to me everytime. Every single time.

Rantz
04-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Some good ones posted already. To add something that hasn't been mentioned: The series finale of United States of Tara. So many feels.

Pheesh
04-28-2013, 04:00 PM
I keep thinking of more >_<

add Man on Fire, John Q and Million Dollar Baby to my list.

EDIT: Also, Pursuit of Happyness and sometimes Braveheart

Unbreakable Will
04-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Martin Luther King didn't die on the cross 400 years ago for this scene to not have been posted yet!

oSKyaXkzVvc

I didn't cry but this gets me right in the jejunum every time. =-/
Add another to my list.
:cry:

Jinx
04-28-2013, 05:59 PM
I keep thinking of more >_<

add Man on Fire, John Q and Million Dollar Baby to my list.

EDIT: Also, Pursuit of Happyness and sometimes Braveheart

Braveheart?

No, DRAGONHEART.

I bawl, every. fucking. time.

Loony BoB
04-29-2013, 03:38 PM
I have only ever cried at one thing that I saw on a screen. I must have been something like six years old, but I remember it fairly clearly. A bear cub stranded on a rock in the middle of a flooded and rushing river. It couldn't escape, and the mother was on the side of the river trying to find a way to get to him, but it couldn't. And they just filmed it while going on about how nothing could be done to save it and it would inevitably die. I was mortified and ran out of the lounge bawling my eyes out to find my Mum who was outside on the deck and I just clung to her and told her about it and she hugged me. I was outraged that the people didn't do anything to save the cub because people are powerful and should always save animals.

I've probably never cried so much (well, never cried at all) over something on TV since then because I'm older and for some reason rarely cry at all unless it's something that directly affects me (eg. family death or a breakup)... but some part of me also thinks that I've never cried at anything I've seen on a screen since then because no film or show I've seen has ever hurt me as much as watching that moment.

Makes me feel sickly sad even now. :(

Lonely Paper Star
04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Doomsday (http://youtu.be/uJab1yDAhDQ?t=2m11s)

"I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvkjthzlyV8)

"Because you're breaking my heart." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X6hvqIjLrE)

"I hope I did good." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej2q3Tza8fY)

Much of the Les Miserables movie. I think I posted about that a few months ago..

"Ser Ilyn, bring me his head!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW6wfXPeJTw)

"I can be your family." (http://youtu.be/UAJD3nvWhIU)

Probably every episode of One Liter of Tears (Ichi Ritoru no Namida).

Those are just off the top of my head. I agree with some of what the others posted. Wish I could go all out and list more but I'm in a hurry. T____T

Freya
04-29-2013, 07:31 PM
THIS THREAD IS HORRIBLE. I HATE YOU GUYS :cry:

Grey's Anatomy makes me cry a lot

Shorty
04-30-2013, 03:48 AM
The Darjeeling Limited river scene and right after when Peter is holding the kid and he says "I didn't save mine." The tone of his voice and the look on his face just wrecks me.

Calliope
04-30-2013, 04:04 AM
Oh my god, the Earth (Disney nature documentary) scene where the baby elephant follows the footsteps of its mother to try and catch up with it...

Shorty
04-30-2013, 04:05 AM
:(((

Rydia of Mist
05-01-2013, 02:26 AM
The final stand in The Last Samurai, and the last words and death of Katsumoto.

Kills me. Just kills me.

TrollHunter
05-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Samurai champloos ending for being so disappointing
Full metal alchemist brotherhood. Dear god, so good.
Any part of the last like half hour of spirited away. So many feels!

I agree with forrest gump, that ending hit hard.

Ending to Dredd for such a badass movie being over.

Berserk didnt make me cry, but only one other ending put me into such total silence and shock. The other was "there will be blood".

Kossage
05-04-2013, 11:32 AM
The film that made me cry was The Land Before Time. It's interesting how you can become sad and cry and also cry tears of happiness while watching it because it really goes through the whole emotional spectrum from the tragic death to the joyful discovery in the end. The death scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ubIhAlF46g) still has as big of an emotional punch as it had back in the day. The combination of story, visuals, voice acting (Finnish is superior to English in this regard) and music create an unforgettable, heartbreaking experience. :(

Pike
05-04-2013, 12:01 PM
The death scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ubIhAlF46g) still has as big of an emotional punch as it had back in the day.

This is a lot more depressing now than it was when I was five years old.