PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Milk Hotel reunite for tour

charliepanayi
04-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Neutral Milk Hotel Reunite for Tour | News | Pitchfork (http://pitchfork.com/news/47783-neutral-milk-hotel-reunite-for-tour/)

Neutral Milk Hotel | Tour (http://walkingwallofwords.com/tour.html)

:eek:

Psychotic
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
...I am going to assassinate them to drink the Nile river of hipster tears that will ensue. I love you Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ I love you yes I do.

Jinx
04-29-2013, 08:43 PM
I'll be in my bunk.

Calliope
04-30-2013, 04:03 AM
I don't get excited about "tour announcements" that are just five gigs, none of which are near me at all. I feel like a tour should be longer than five concerts, also.

XxSephirothxX
04-30-2013, 07:06 AM
I saw Jeff Mangum play on tour last year. I was sitting up on a balcony, in the second to last row, several hundred feet away from him, and he just sat on a stool and played Neutral Milk Hotel songs with some occasional horn/drum accompaniments.

Seriously one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Guessing--hoping--they'll add more locations. I won't be sitting in the back, next time.

charliepanayi
04-30-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't get excited about "tour announcements" that are just five gigs, none of which are near me at all. I feel like a tour should be longer than five concerts, also.

If you read the website, you'd see they'll be adding more shows in due course, these are just the first lot they've announced.

Shorty
04-30-2013, 08:36 AM
I saw Jeff Mangum play on tour last year. I was sitting up on a balcony, in the second to last row, several hundred feet away from him, and he just sat on a stool and played Neutral Milk Hotel songs with some occasional horn/drum accompaniments.

Guessing--hoping--they'll add more locations. I won't be sitting in the back, next time.

Dude, what the hell. Did you go to the Fox Theater? Because that's exactly where I was. On the balcony, which was sparsely populated.

Jeff's been touring alone for over a year now and I'm pretty surprised that the rest of NMH is getting together. I'd be much more surprised if he wants to redo the year's worth of solo touring now with the rest of the band.

I've seen Jeff twice and went to an Elephant 6 show a couple years ago, so I feel like I've already seen the whole band even though were separated. But hell yeah, if they come to the west coast, I'll go see them.

Calliope
04-30-2013, 04:43 PM

If you read the website, you'd see they'll be adding more shows in due course, these are just the first lot they've announced.

That Pitchfork article is much longer than it was when I first read it, so, okay.

Burtsplurt
04-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Cool. I'd love to see them, although I have no idea if they'll make their way over to the UK.

charliepanayi
04-30-2013, 09:31 PM
I'd be amazed if they didn't come to the UK.

Old Manus
04-30-2013, 09:42 PM
I thought they weren't cool anymore once too many hipsters started liking them.

charliepanayi
04-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Being reclusive and only doing two albums means you always stay cool.

XxSephirothxX
05-01-2013, 02:12 AM

Dude, what the hell. Did you go to the Fox Theater? Because that's exactly where I was. On the balcony, which was sparsely populated.

Jeff's been touring alone for over a year now and I'm pretty surprised that the rest of NMH is getting together. I'd be much more surprised if he wants to redo the year's worth of solo touring now with the rest of the band.

Yep. He played two nights and we went the first--sounds like the second day was less packed, maybe? I almost bought tickets right when they announced the show, but one of my roommates was wishy-washing on going so we waited like a months and a half to buy tickets. It was a grave error. :(

Since he gave some of the proceeds of his tour to charity, and it looks like they're doing the same for these shows, maybe that's the impetus for playing together.

Shorty
05-01-2013, 02:40 AM
I was also there on the first night! I bet we sat right next to each other and didn't know it ;_______________;

krissy
05-01-2013, 02:43 AM
what a beautiful face i have found in this face on the face of the face face face face

Denmark
05-07-2013, 10:46 PM
more dates are up, and they're more north and east. plz2be coming to philly or nyc plz