PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction to Tom Harlowe

HasteInTime
04-30-2013, 08:40 PM
:cool:Heylo!

I'm Haste in Time, I'm also known as HiT for short and my actual name is Tom. I'm usually a loyal, fun, occasionally outgoing, laid back kind of person. I love Pizza. (who doesn't?) My favorite color is Green. I'm a fan of video games in general, I'm a collector of them too. I also love to watch films on late Thursday nights. Anyway more about me in a bit, ask me what you will about me but first my rather short story...

Sometime back in the wee late 90's I remember sites like this one and in fact after much strenuous thought. I discovered I remember talk about this place and it's former bulletin board. Back then I was just a kid but that didn't stop me form doing anything I wanted from grades to video games.

Thanks to a certain article that popped up on Kotaku (see; Eyes on FF (http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-fansite-that-changed-thousands-of-peo-484432842)) it had me scratching my head a bit. They pretty much had me stuck at the Image for EoFF from back in the hay-day of its prime for a good 15 minutes. So I read through it, hoping I'd find clues as why it was odd but vaguely familiar. Eventually it had hit me. I remembered that It was Fanbased sites like this that out did sites like Neo-Gaf and Game Faqs (which was a perpetual joke in my house. Still is, lol.) and I remembered this site because of Google (pics not search) and even had a long conversation about it back then, even though I never joined it. I Still remember. (Which was for other less obvious reasons at the time, forums didn't interest me much then... now they do alot. LoL!)

Anyway, I came to the conclusion finally after reminiscing about the mid to late 90's that I thought I'd give the best FF site the old collage try, whether its near dead or not. If there is any place with true-blue 90's FF fans, it was here. It has to be- cause almost everywhere I have gone. There are not so many of us left, tons of the sites like this are not as functional like this either, instead they are dysfunctional and/or full of unsavory characters such as trolls.

And on that note I'd like to congratulate those of you whom stuck by this place and I'm glad for you. I hope I get to know a few of you at least during my time here. I'm proud to be here. I hope I make some good friends and build some great memories. At this point I find myself waiting for FF14 RR to come out. I have lots of free time and I run a small gaming community of my own in my spare given time. So this should be fun and potentially interesting.

Any reasonable Questions about me, Ramblings, Music, or Games you would like to discuss?

;) Feel free to drop a line and let me know that your alive...

Sincerely,
Haste in Time
"Tom"

Pike
04-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy! :jess:

What sorts of games do you like to play?

Jinx
04-30-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't like pizza.

the_best_noob
04-30-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't like pizza.
Preposterous!

Raistlin
04-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Welcome to EoFF! Forgive Boobies; her opinion is not that of EoFF (or anyone with taste, for that matter).

There are a number of EoFFers who are eagerly awaiting FFXIV's release. You should join us in the FFXIV forum (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/)!

Matthewtheman
04-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Elcome.:monster:

Freya
04-30-2013, 11:38 PM
We really are kind of a lost gem of hte internet! We actually still have valid convos about the 90's era FF's, well 90's RPGs in general! If you want somewhere to just got o a community that loves em, this is the place. Glad the article brought you to us! Welcome!

TrollHunter
04-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Not a pizza guy myself either im afraid ._.

But anyway, welcome to the forum officially. Its nice that the article is giving us so many newbies and many more not-so-new members. Its really cool and we hope you enjoy your stay.
And dont worry about trolls. We have a fix for them.

Aulayna
04-30-2013, 11:47 PM
I don't like pizza.

Lies. Hateful lies.

Also, welcome! We have some coverage stuff planned for XIV. :)

Goldenboko
05-01-2013, 02:07 AM
We aren't as dead as we'd be made out to be. Dark ages be gone its the EoFF renaissance. Welcome!

Unbreakable Will
05-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Tifa's Boobs has better qualities despite her pizza hatred.
Just don't let her catch you staring. Or she'll give you a twak.
:stare:
:twak:

Hope you stick around!

Shorty
05-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Hi there, Tom, and welcome! One of the more lengthy newbie threads I think I've come across. It's nice to get to know people a little more in-depth when they join.

JenkinsHTTK
05-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Good to see other well-spoken newbies in this site

Nice to meet you by the way

XxSephirothxX
05-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Welcome to EoFF!

This is one of the strangest forum introductions I've ever read. Like:

Back then I was just a kid but that didn't stop me form doing anything I wanted from grades to video games.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

WHY WAS GAMEFAQS A RUNNING JOKE

Tom you're weirding me out man.

TrollHunter
05-01-2013, 06:07 AM
You guys are just going to have to accept the fact that pizza isn't as fantastically amazing as you all make it out to be.
:colbert:

Shorty
05-01-2013, 06:07 AM
You guys are just going to have to accept the fact that pizza isn't as fantastically amazing as you all make it out to be.

Neither is communism, you dirty commie. :colbert:

Laddy
05-01-2013, 06:22 AM
How ya doing? Hope you have fun here. :jess:

Mirage
05-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Because we all know "pizza" is one single combination of ingredients and there is no way to make one pizza taste 985‰ different from another.

Loony BoB
05-01-2013, 02:29 PM
You'll have to ignore the people with faulty tastebuds that may be amongst us, Hitman. You seem like an alright guy. :up:

Night Fury
05-01-2013, 02:37 PM
She creeps over to Tom, watching him slowly as he seems to be occupied with the other, louder, members of the forum. Leaning forward she takes one long sniff of his hair... "You smell like chicken..."

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy! :jess:

What sorts of games do you like to play?

RPG, RTS, Platformers and Shooters. Commonly I play everything, except for sports and straight horror games. Skating, Boxing & Racing types being the exception. I do love Resident Evil however, 4 I didn't like though it was terrible. I did like 5 and 6 I loved. In case your wondering now I tend to love classic monster type games outside the pure horror themed games like Left4Dead, FEAR, or Dead Space as an example for a few.

Welcome to EoFF! Forgive Boobies; her opinion is not that of EoFF (or anyone with taste, for that matter).

There are a number of EoFFers who are eagerly awaiting FFXIV's release. You should join us in the FFXIV forum (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/)!

SO there is a new forum/sub-forum? hmm. I'll check that out. Thank you!

We really are kind of a lost gem of hte internet! We actually still have valid convos about the 90's era FF's, well 90's RPGs in general! If you want somewhere to just got o a community that loves em, this is the place. Glad the article brought you to us! Welcome!

Loving the responses. I'm Glad to be here :)

But anyway, welcome to the forum officially. Its nice that the article is giving us so many newbies and many more not-so-new members. Its really cool and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you.

LOL, Trolls are likely non-existent in places like this one. You guys have very good Staff. :)

I don't like pizza.

Lies. Hateful lies.

Also, welcome! We have some coverage stuff planned for XIV. :)

I saw that when I filled the Information out on my profile. I hope I get some FF14RR time in with you guys. :)

We aren't as dead as we'd be made out to be. Dark ages be gone its the EoFF renaissance. Welcome!

It's good to hear that, Kotaku made it sound like you were all on a half dead site. So I got curious and well I'm here now to say the least.

Tifa's Boobs has better qualities despite her pizza hatred.
Just don't let her catch you staring. Or she'll give you a twak.
:stare:
:twak:

Hope you stick around!

LOL! Definitely will do.

Good to see other well-spoken newbies in this site

Nice to meet you by the way

Thank You! It's very nice to meet you too. :]

Welcome to EoFF!

This is one of the strangest forum introductions I've ever read. Like:

Back then I was just a kid but that didn't stop me form doing anything I wanted from grades to video games.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

WHY WAS GAMEFAQS A RUNNING JOKE

Tom you're weirding me out man.

Ya I do that sometimes. kinda. It just means if I wanted to do something nothing would stop me from doing it.

Also GameFAQs is a running joke simply cause back then they didn't cover all the bases on information and material or use proper US English. There were many reasons it got to be the joke of the household. I found many other sites like IGN or Cheat Code Central to have more information on games than places like GameFAQs.

About the Pizza not being good or great- to each their own. Although I find it is the one thing that, almost every gamer can relate to. lol, its true though that It's the most fantastical food recipe on the earth. ;)

How ya doing? Hope you have fun here.

I'm doing quite well, I posted yesterday and while I waited for responses, I was busy doing some spring cleaning and unpacking stuff I had in storage for the winter. (I just moved last fall)

I'm already enjoying everyone's excellent company here :]

You'll have to ignore the people with faulty tastebuds that may be amongst us, Hitman. You seem like an alright guy.

Thanks. I gotta say you help run one mean cool site. :D

She creeps over to Tom, watching him slowly as he seems to be occupied with the other, louder, members of the forum. Leaning forward she takes one long sniff of his hair... "You smell like chicken..."

Well if that isn't a bit awkward... Actually, its Lavender and Sage I smell like. In case you wanted to know. lol.

Freya
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah we're definitely not half dead. In fact we've been coming back up the ranks lately! Thanks to SE partially for that.

Agent Proto
05-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi there. Welcome to EoFF. I'm solely responsible for running EoFF's group on DeviantArt, not that it really matters. Enjoy your stay here. :)

chionos
Oh dear, he's already super-multi-quoting. This is bad.

This is real bad.

And what kind of name is--

wait, so you like Deadspace?

Guess you can't be all bad then.

Try not to make me look bad and post more in six months than I've managed in 13 years like all the other newbs that shows up. Please. It's embarrassing.

Goldenboko
Hi there. Welcome to EoFF. I'm solely responsible for running EoFF's group on DeviantArt, not that it really matters. Enjoy your stay here. :)

Is it epeen waving time already?

chionos
05-01-2013, 05:21 PM

I'm important because I'm the oldestbie without a Ciddie. You don't understand the level of dedication that requires.

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah we're definitely not half dead. In fact we've been coming back up the ranks lately! Thanks to SE partially for that.

Yeah funny that you'd mention that, I remember that SE had emailed me about the sites that were getting for free stuff... and Kotaku was right, cool free stuff is the most underestimated power play out there. Oh and your avatar/proflile picture is from Anastasia. Which I had nearly all but forgotten about until I saw your banner and pic :)

I have alot of movies as much as I collect games and Anastasia is a sweet classic. I might just go watch it again.

Good to know that there is an avid interest in a active art community here. If I need a FF related banner I'll ask you.

Oh dear, he's already super-multi-quoting. This is bad.

This is real bad.

And what kind of name is--

wait, so you like Deadspace?

Guess you can't be all bad then.

Try not to make me look bad and post more in six months than I've managed in 13 years like all the other newbs that shows up. Please. It's embarrassing.

Well now I can either quote everyone and break it down easy or not... Multi-quotes help stop double posts and further overposting. Also not a fan of DS 1 and 2 but DS3 was okay. I was saying that Pure horror games that do nothing but cheap shock and awe like Silent Hill and FEAR suck for me was all. Also I promise that I will do my best to impress because technically a person in this world we call "big blue" is only worth what their actions result in. Talk is relative and here is where it counts.

Oh so your one of those? judge away... not like it will change the man. O.o

For the record I have very little ego if any and I tend to care more for people instead.

chionos
05-01-2013, 05:28 PM
For the record I have very little ego if any and I tend to care more for people instead.

It's a trick! He's a Reaver. No real person cares about other people!

If it were true he would have spontaneously combusted the moment he set foot in EoFF.

Night Fury
05-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Well if that isn't a bit awkward... Actually, its Lavender and Sage I smell like. In case you wanted to know. lol.

"But you don't know that. Objects are just matter, so what if your Lavender is just Chicken and you don't know it yet... There's too many circles in the squares..."

(Nice to meet ya! You've stumbled across the forum during Firefly month, so this gives me all the freedom to be a crazy creep :jess:)

Goldenboko
05-01-2013, 05:49 PM

Oh so your one of those? judge away... not like it will change the man. O.o

I wasn't judging, I was just bein' difficult. Lighten up and don't worry so much :p! I've thanked Mr. Proto for running the DeviantArt group, that means I can also annoy him for it :spin:

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 05:50 PM

It's a trick! He's a Reaver. No real person cares about other people!

If it were true he would have spontaneously combusted the moment he set foot in EoFF.

Don't you mean that my PC would have spontaneously combusted? I also find that piece of logic flawed. Cause if in that case from what I heard about EoFF, that would mean we here at EoFF would not exist or EoFF for that matter.

Thank goodness that isn't true. I do care. I'm honest and take most things at source value for what it is.

Also I think it's interesting everyone here has a banner mostly unrelated to FF, it shows that everyone here isn't just 2 Dimensional in persona. So many different kind of people exist here in our world, some are just like that of Clark Kent aka Superman or they at least aspire to live like him. I'm one of those. I have a genuine sincere personality that I worked pretty hard to achieve and I tend to let that speak for itself in a down to earth sort of way.

"But you don't know that. Objects are just matter, so what if your Lavender is just Chicken and you don't know it yet... There's too many circles in the squares..."

(Nice to meet ya! You've stumbled across the forum during Firefly month, so this gives me all the freedom to be a crazy creep :jess:)

I can see that, there also seem to be quite a few fans of anime here too. Which is also cool. However, I love all Scifi shows (Star Trek, Star Wars, ect.) and Stargate-SG1 is still undoubtedly my favorite. Right now I'd watching Syfy's Defiance and CW's The Arrow.

What are you watching now?

I wasn't judging, I was just bein' difficult. Lighten up and don't worry so much :p! I've thanked Mr. Proto for running the DeviantArt group, that means I can also annoy him for it :spin:

LoL true. I was also teasing but with sincerity therefore it was a sarcastic remark.

Freya
05-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Oh you like anastasia too! oooooo I like youuuu ~ :kaoclove:

Jinx
05-01-2013, 05:56 PM
DOCTOR WHO

DO YOU LOVE

it

???????/

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Oh you like anastasia too! oooooo I like youuuu ~ :kaoclove:

Awww. Hugs. :snuggle:

DOCTOR WHO

DO YOU LOVE

it

???????/

Yeah Steven Moffit, is the hero that brought me back to Doctor Who. I loved David Tennant who is the 10th Doctor. He just fit that role so perfectly, I absolutely adored it. I<3DocWho!

Agent Proto
05-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Good to know that there is an avid interest in a active art community here. If I need a FF related banner I'll ask you.

I'm unfortunately not the best person to ask for a banner, but I am pretty decent at making them. It's better to ask another person for such things, like Locky. She's pretty gifted making the banners.

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 06:42 PM

I'm unfortunately not the best person to ask for a banner, but I am pretty decent at making them. It's better to ask another person for such things, like Locky. She's pretty gifted making the banners.

I meant in general. I knew that you'd point me in the right direction, eventually. :holmes:

Thanks. I'll be sure to ask her. :]

theundeadhero
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Hello. I'm dreadfully sorry but I just can't manage talking to people who don't put spaces in their names. It drives me crazy.
Farewell forever, stranger.

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Hello. I'm dreadfully sorry but I just can't manage talking to people who don't put spaces in their names. It drives me crazy.
Farewell forever, stranger.

Well if that isn't odd. I do use spaces but the site doesn't or didn't allow for that to my knowledge. Also your name has no spaces. lol... irony.

Psychotic
05-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Tom, buddy, this is important. Like, the most important thing you will ever be asked.

Which shade of green is your favourite? Use the font colours to show me! Please! I need to know!

With that out of the way, welcome to our humble forum my good man :)

Night Fury
05-01-2013, 09:23 PM
I love this guy. I'm keeping him.

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Tom, buddy, this is important. Like, the most important thing you will ever be asked.

Which shade of green is your favourite? Use the font colours to show me! Please! I need to know!

Well Green is my favorite color, I personally loves shades of Emerald. Which is a deep Green almost like Lime.

With that out of the way... Thank you for the warm welcome :)

chionos
05-01-2013, 10:40 PM

Well Green is my favorite color, I personally loves shades of Emerald. Which is a deep Green almost like Lime.

This works for me. As a lover of BLUE, the more people to feel superior to, the better. :monster:

HasteInTime
05-01-2013, 11:36 PM

This works for me. As a lover of BLUE, the more people to feel superior to, the better. :monster:

Ah but superiority is overrated especially when you have got that tied into a color as part of an opinion. Especially when so many people on this earth love Blue the most, which in that category makes it the popular color.As such for being popular you guessed it, in my opinion makes it overrated.

However, this makes for a great example to show off my flexibility a bit. Whatever your race, creed, likes in colors or tastes. I can get along fine with you even if I dont like your choice of color, style or a game that you love and so on. I can take it. I can be there and be a real friend no matter what you love, like , dislike, or hate. I have some good friends back here where I live and they all have really different tastes in music and games, but that doesn't stop us from having fun and being there for one another. 'Every day counts', to quote Batman aka Bruce Wayne. So it doesn't matter what we are doing as long as we are doing that together.

The only instance I can think of in life circumstances that I cannot tolerate is abusive behavior towards alcohol, use/abuse of "other" substances, and smoking. Those are probably my major turn offs. Although smoking is one of those things where I grew up with parents that where one smoked cigarettes and the other a pipe. Let me be one of the many to tell you its not a fun experience and it will kill you in the end sooner or later. I'd hate to lose someone again like I have with my father, whom suffered due to smoking which had weakened his lungs to the point they no longer functioned at age 53. It also didn't help the fact that he also had MS or Multiple Sclerosis both types 1 & 2 in his late age which only contributed to this in the end. He was a huge inspiration in my life and to whom everyone he met. Cause he gave a d*m.

Anyway, This should be about the only time I mention this. I hope that I'm not out of my bounds by giving Insight to myself as a person. It should be alright as I'm on the current best subject;
Me. :)

chionos
05-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Are you coming on to me, sir?

Popularity doesn't necessitate quality, but neither does it preclude quality. Blue is popular because it's best.

Sorry to hear about your father. It's good that you remember him, though.

As far as the abuse of alcohol goes...

:erm:

HasteInTime
05-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Are you coming on to me, sir?

Popularity doesn't necessitate quality, but neither does it preclude quality. Blue is popular because it's best.

Sorry to hear about your father. It's good that you remember him, though.

As far as the abuse of alcohol goes...

:erm:

I get it, you really love BLUE. Nothing I say would probably change that. Although again superiority is overrated for many reasons, one the worst possible of them is Elitism that is usually associated with it and I shall leave it at that. Whatever floats your boat.

Also, one other thing. If I were 'coming on to you'- I would have said something by now. LoL!

I'm straight. Sorry Lads. Its the Lassie's I give chase, when I'm not busy being just a friend. ;]

Loony BoB
05-02-2013, 09:27 AM
You haven't met Levian yet. :shifty:

chionos
05-02-2013, 09:37 AM

Dude, don't go giving away the hawt chicks to the new guys.

HasteInTime
05-02-2013, 07:03 PM

Nope, but If I do. I think I should get along fine.

Dude, don't go giving away the hawt chicks to the new guys.

LoL, that spelling of Hot as Hawt reminds me of the late 90's when 'Laser' was spelled L-a-z-e-r instead.

I think you worry too much. Honestly.

I'm here to spread my daily cheer not break hearts. :p

TrollHunter
05-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I read that as spreading your daily cheeks. Take from that what you will.

But you are quite the newbie. More investigations will be necessary to figure out how much of a threat you are...

theundeadhero
05-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure you could put spaces in your name unless it was just to long to fit. Too many characters? You could probably get an Administrator to fix it unless you're happy how it is.
Either way, I'm Not A Big Fan Of Capital Letters Either :)

Mirage
05-02-2013, 09:12 PM

Thank you.

LOL, Trolls are likely non-existent in places like this one. You guys have very good Staff. :)

That just means we have very good trolls too. Proliferation, bitches!

HasteInTime
05-03-2013, 07:45 PM
I read that as spreading your daily cheeks. Take from that what you will.

But you are quite the newbie. More investigations will be necessary to figure out how much of a threat you are...

I may be new on EoFF but that isn't a bad thing. We all have to start somewhere you know?

I'm pretty sure you could put spaces in your name unless it was just to long to fit. Too many characters? You could probably get an Administrator to fix it unless you're happy how it is.
Either way, I'm Not A Big Fan Of Capital Letters Either :)

Oh you mean like ALL CAPS? (<-like that?)

I also can't stand the over use of all caps. So If I could have it fixed to show my username better I would. The only change would be the I to a lower case i for the word 'in'. It's likely the result of too many characters. However when I run into this kind of thing I improvise. I did the same thing for the PS3 since the PS3 itself wont allow spaces but the PC will for PSN.

Also, you be trolling me eh? "Mr. I'm Not A Big Fan Of Capital Letters Either" ROFL! :ffvilaugh:

Thank you.

That just means we have very good trolls too. Proliferation, bitches!

LOL, I bet. Cause I just got 'dellort' ! (trolled) or did I?

theundeadhero
05-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Please don't think I'm being mean. I'm just having some fun :)

Gzussaves
05-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Please don't think I'm being mean. I'm just having some fun :)

/me points finger
/me yells "YOU BIG MEANIE!!!!!"

theundeadhero
05-10-2013, 12:35 AM
/cry

Rantz
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Pizza is great, I just blue myself, and you seem cool. Hello! Come around chat sometime. :)

chionos
05-13-2013, 03:53 AM
Pizza is great, I just blue myself, and you seem cool. Hello! Come around chat sometime. :)

What the??

Jinx
05-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Pantz is Tobias, okay.