PDA

View Full Version : Post an interesting fact about yourself! 1 in 5!

Goldenboko
05-01-2013, 05:16 AM
So with the influx of all the Kotaku newbies, I thought it'd be great to have a game so their more than just faces. So I made a one in ten game thread! :p

THE RULES:
Post only once every five posts (DUH)
Write a fact about yourself based on the theme posted by the last member!
Write a theme for the next member to write a fact about.

I'll start so everyone can see how the game is played. An interesting fact about me is that based on one time when I was sloppy drunk, some of my friends started calling me ke$ha.

Next poster's theme is physical ability facts! Go go go! :spin:

Freya
05-01-2013, 05:43 AM
I couldn't snap until I was 17! When I finally got it down I was snapping all the time. In fact it was at a Hastings when I first got it down. I just kept walking around snapping! Got a few weird looks.

Silly thing you believed as a child, GO!

Pumpkin
05-01-2013, 06:11 AM
EDIT: I'm dumb

I believed Dracula was from Pennsylvania <.<

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Pheesh
05-01-2013, 06:22 AM
A lot of things. Marine biologist, then a lawyer, writer, journalist, musician. The latter is the only one I haven't grown out of though.

Family related fact!

Laddy
05-01-2013, 06:23 AM
I wanted to own my own video game development studio.

EDIT: Shit. Uh...I'm a twin.

What is your favorite mythological creature?

Shorty
05-01-2013, 06:41 AM
You're a twin? There's two of you?!

I so love mermaids but unicorns are it for me.

Pet-related memory as a kid, go!

Aulayna
05-01-2013, 07:09 AM
I remember one time I was sleeping at my Nan & Grandad's and got woken up during the middle of the night as I felt my head getting warmer. It was actually their cat that had curled up above my head and was purring away loudly.

I also used to run my feet back and forth under the quilt cover and he'd run along the top of it trying to catch my toes xD

---

What's one thing you really like about yourself?

Rug
05-01-2013, 07:14 AM
I had an overweight turtle named Tanksy.

While I was at school my Grandma would feed her 3-4 times a day (not including what I fed her), after about 5 months she was so fat that she couldn't retract into her own shell; and had actual turtle cankles...

EDIT: Oh bummer! Ok ummm - I LOVE my sexy a** bod. Duh. :kakapo:

The most embarassing thing that happened to you as a child. GO!

Goldenboko
05-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Changed the rules to 1 in 5 posts because 1 in 10 was a bit too much :). I had an uncle who would make fun of me for bringing my gameboy with me places when I was 5. I don't remember why I found it so traumatizing but I hated it!

Next topic: Pet Peeves!

Jinx
05-01-2013, 06:00 PM
It sends me into a blind rage when people don't use their turn signals. Or when people put pots and pans in the dishwasher.

Theme: food!

Flying Mullet
05-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I loved putting soda in my milk as a kid.

Theme: Vacation

Agent Proto
05-01-2013, 06:20 PM
I once vacationed at Cancun, Mexico. It was fun.

Theme: Vehicle

Freya
05-01-2013, 06:40 PM
I rolled a 3/4 ton truck 3 and a half times when I was 17! I ended up upside down!

Theme: music!

Gzussaves
05-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I went to an acappella show last night. The band's name was Pentatonix and it was freakin sweeetttttt.

Theme: Most memorable scene in a video game

Night Fury
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
For me is the opening scene of FFVIII because I was young and it completely mesmerized me and got me hooked.

Embarrassing story/event fact

the_best_noob
05-02-2013, 02:40 AM
When I was 5 the school I was at had a mandatory German class. We watched a video and all I gained from that video was Ich bin Dich (pronounced dick). Then we went to Disney World, where I was eager to show off my new found knowledge. Basically, it sounded like a 5 year old was walking around Disney World talking about dicks and my parents still give me crap for it

Funny kitchen story

Laddy
05-02-2013, 08:52 AM
One time I put something in the microwave for minutes instead of five seconds and the entire house smelt of smoke for weeks because I am too dumb to microwave.

Strangest thing you've done willingly in public.

chionos
05-02-2013, 09:33 AM
I kissed a stranger once. In line at, hmm, was some coffee shop in Louisville. It was an older gentleman. He kept letting people in front of him, over and over. It went on for 20-30 minutes, and he just kept smiling and letting people in front of him. And I had the strangest impulse suddenly just to kiss him. So I did, and then left before someone called the cops thinking I was a crazy. I'm not generally impulsive, so it's a really really strange experience for me.

Meanest Thing You've Ever Done.

Mercen-X
05-03-2013, 12:36 AM
For the past couple of months, I've become addicted to browser games. Someone intervene!

the_best_noob
05-03-2013, 01:20 AM
How was that the meanest thing you've ever done?

Also, post a topic

chionos
05-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Merc didn't read the rules.

Unbreakable Will
05-03-2013, 02:47 PM
That's the topic then;

One time I didn't read the rules to an online MMO and went around challenging people to duels, I was promptly booted for being a nuisance. I was also 15, in my defense.

Theme: Who was your first crush?

Quindiana Jones
05-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Marina from Stingray. I used to suck on my thumb so excitedly when that mute puppet came on TV. :love:

Three things you didn't do yesterday.

Jinx
05-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Work out
Do homework
Eat healthy

Your most hated celebrity.

theundeadhero
05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Shania Twain. No explanations given.

Your food weakness?

TrollHunter
05-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Chocolate donuts
Mmmmmmmm

Strangest question youve ever been asked?

Sephiroth
05-03-2013, 07:18 PM
When I was 5 the school I was at had a mandatory German class. We watched a video and all I gained from that video was Ich bin Dich (pronounced dick).

I do not know who told you that but the German word "dich" is not pronounced "dick". "Dick" is a German word and means "thick/big/fat". "Dich" is one of many German words for "you". I love you = Ich liebe dich. "Ich bin Dich." does not even make sense in German. "I am you." is translated "Ich bin Du." in German. I, you, he/she/it = ich, Du, er/sie/es.

"Strangest question youve ever been asked?"

Phew ... how should I choose between them. I would say many questions about a topic when someone only used half an ear to listen to.

Post one thing which you never ever intend to do (nothing inhuman but things which are normal for many people).

Unbreakable Will
05-03-2013, 08:23 PM
I will never try to do my own taxes. fuck that mess.

What was your childhood dream career? (As in, when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?)

Ninenya
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
When I was 5 the school I was at had a mandatory German class. We watched a video and all I gained from that video was Ich bin Dich (pronounced dick).

I do not know who told you that but the German word "dich" is not pronounced "dick". "Dick" is a German word and means "thick/big/fat". "Dich" is one of many German words for "you". I love you = Ich liebe dich. "Ich bin Dich." does not even make sense in German. "I am you." is translated "Ich bin Du." in German. I, you, he/she/it = ich, Du, er/sie/es.

Es kann auch sein, dass er "Ich bin dick" meinte und das "Dich" mit "H" anstatt "K" in Erinnerung hatte.

My career as a child? Veterinarian! xP

The best cartoon/anime you remember when you were a kid~ ?

Formalhaut
05-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I was never a typical kid and I didn't really enjoy cartoons/anime. I don't know, I guess Scooby Doo was good.

Technology facts about yourself, GO!

Faris
05-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I am secretly a robot I was always the person who helped the teacher with the technical problems in class during college.

What was your favourite adventure?

Night Fury
05-08-2013, 12:39 AM
My adventure to the top of a Mexican Mountain in pitch black dark with a tribe of indigenous peeps.

Talent/party trick fact.

the_best_noob
05-08-2013, 01:35 AM

The bit of the video was a fat queen pronouncing the fact that she was fat. I am fat = Ich bin Dich

Sephiroth
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
The bit of the video was a fat queen pronouncing the fact that she was fat. I am fat = Ich bin Dich

Then it is "Ich bin dick" with no capital "D" and a "k" and not an "h" and not "Ich bin Dich".

"Talent/party trick fact. "

I am pretty much always amusing for people with original gags and komik situation.

What did you think you would become when you where a kid? An police man? Singer? A Blitzball?

the_best_noob
05-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm going to take what you say, never had more than 3 years of German and I never paid attention anyway

Sephiroth
05-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm going to take what you say, never had more than 3 years of German and I never paid attention anyway

Ha, ha, ha. I probably also wouldn't have paid attention to if it wasn't my native language.

Daylight
05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
When I was a kid, I thought I'd become an archeologist or an artist. I was convinced I had the talent to become an artist, so I sat down by our dinner table and kept drawing pictures of ketchup bottles

Your most precious possession?

Gzussaves
05-09-2013, 06:28 PM
To be honest.. i would have to say my Septum ring.. Having had nothing at all and working my way back up put a whole new perspective on possessions for me. Could I live without them, yes.. do i want to again?.. HELL NO!!!

Most memorable moment with your best friend?

Shorty
05-09-2013, 08:51 PM
The first time my best friend and I met was when we were fourteen at our junior high when I was bombarded by her and her other goth friends. They just kind of ran at me screaming obscenities and hugged myself and my other friend I was with and from then on we were kind of the junior high batcavers. I'll never forget it!

As a kid, were you ever lost or left alone and how did you react?

blackmage_nuke
05-09-2013, 11:04 PM
I wasnt lost but the first time I had the house to myself I was terrified.

Which of your family members do you love the most? None of this loving then all equally stuff!

Formalhaut
05-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Hm... good question. I'll do them in order:

Mum - I go between hating and loving her. I hate her when she's drunk, love her when she's not.
Oldest Bro - I don't mind him at all.
2nd Oldest Bro - I don't mind him at all either.
3rd Oldest Bro - Hate with a passion, and want him out the house. Christmas would come early if he left.

​Best party trick?

chionos
05-10-2013, 07:28 PM
(This was already a thing in the thread, Formy =P) Way on back in the day I would flip a lit cigarette from my hand at my side into my mouth. Only while drunk though. Which makes it more or less impressive I'mnotsure.

Do You Have a Birthmark and Where Is It?

Pumpkin
05-10-2013, 07:55 PM
I have a birthmark. It's very light and it's on my butt.

Favorite dessert?

the_best_noob
05-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Banoffee Pie.

Banana Toffee pie. Best thing you will ever eat in your entire life.

Someone pisses in your cereal, what do you do?

Unbreakable Will
05-11-2013, 02:51 AM
HANG THEM BY THEIR SMALL INTESTINES!

Red or blue pill?

Rebellious Eagle
05-11-2013, 06:21 AM
Red pill. I live in the real world. :cool:
How tall are you?

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Just under 6'1"

Awkward crush fact

Gzussaves
05-11-2013, 11:14 PM
When i was in 5th grade i gave my crush a ring... the principal ended up getting involved

Favorite midnight snack

Daylight
05-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Potato chips. :hyper:

Your biggest fear, and why you think you have it.

Formalhaut
05-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Loneliness, and being alone. Of course, I don't mind being by myself now and again, I'm not that crazy, it's the general sense of being lonely and isolated.

How was your childhood?

DanielCLFFF13
05-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Actually, I do not even remember how my childhood.

The best moments in your life.

KH-Cloudy
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Being on a cruise during the summer. Had an absolutely amazing week in the Caribbeans.

Your first job.

Pheesh
05-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Doing graphic design for my uncle's website design company.

First date fact.

Pumpkin
05-15-2013, 09:20 PM
My first date I went to see one of the Scary Movie's at the theater with my at the time boyfriend....

....And his mother and sister.

Name the country you most want to visit.

Formalhaut
05-15-2013, 09:37 PM
America!

Favourite and worst subjects in class?

Gzussaves
05-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Favorite was Geometry... might need to go into a backstory here so stay with me here.. I took algebra in 5th grade, but then i had to move to a place with no ap classes. I then did nothing in math classes until freshman year when i could actually take the classes. The math teachers knew i already knew what to do so i got to sit in the back and sleep during most of the classes. /fistpump

Worst would have to be world history... history kind of bores me to tears, although it could have just been the teacher but i almost failed the class... passed with a d- /fistpump

favorite random word to say and way?

Pheesh
05-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Soliloquy. It's always been my favourite word, I just think it's beautiful both in pronunciation and spelling.

Interesting drunken night fact?

(I only waited four posts but I really wanted to answer the word question. Sue me :colbert:)