PDA

View Full Version : My windows are objectively the worst windows

Pike
05-01-2013, 11:26 PM
The window in my bedroom is tiny and hardly lets any light in and I hate it because I like it being either really really dark or really really light. Anything in between bugs me so much. Because my window is so tiny and I hardly get any natural light I have like six lamps in here plus my ceiling light. I don't even know. I don't even get a good view from my window, it's just the road and a school parking lot.

I went to visit Huxley and he has a wonderful giant window but he covers it all the time :mymelbert:

Tell me about your window and the view from it.

Jinx
05-01-2013, 11:36 PM
My window looks out on a shrubbery because we're in the basement apartment.

Unbreakable Will
05-02-2013, 12:56 AM
My windows look at a giant train yard. Consider yourself lucky.

Rydia of Mist
05-02-2013, 12:58 AM
One entire wall of our living room is floor-to-ceiling windows.

Sounds neat, eh?

View: The parking lot.

Extra bleh: The Rinnai heating unit is right next to it on an adjacent wall, meaning heating during the winter was SO EXPENSIVE. D:

Denmark
05-02-2013, 03:54 AM
my windows currently look out at the backyard. it's a big open field. usually empty, occasional deer.

the windows in my apartment either look out at the balcony and some trees or the parking lot. slightly less boring, i think.

TrollHunter
05-02-2013, 04:32 AM
The window in my room looks out to the rocky mountains~
Yep, it is usually a gorgeous sight thanks for asking.

escobert
05-02-2013, 04:38 AM
My shades are usually drawn closed. I have a view of some crappy state named New Hampshire.

Faris
05-02-2013, 12:20 PM
It's a rather large window which makes it difficult to find the appropriate sized blinds. My view is the front yard and parking area. Makes it easy to look out for friends.

Pike
05-02-2013, 12:22 PM

If you are a fellow Rocky Mountain bro then I need to figure out where you live now.

Loony BoB
05-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Hopefully when I get home I can remember to post some pictures of the view from my window, which can be kind of interesting depending on the time/weather/season/animals.

KH-Cloudy
05-02-2013, 04:18 PM
My window looks out to my fence and the house next doors. :|

Pumpkin
05-02-2013, 04:22 PM
We have nice enough windows. They overlook the house next door and trees and trees and trees. Actually the only window that doesn't have blinds that I actually look through has a tree very close to it that I enjoy watching. When I left to visit my mom at the beginning of April it was just branches and everyday I look out and the leaves get bigger and fuller and it's pretty.

Loony BoB
05-02-2013, 05:16 PM

HasteInTime
05-02-2013, 05:56 PM
All my window in my house suck, could be worse, since I live in a Trailer Park House. I could have a view surrounded by other homes. (no not the RV kind, lol)
I have street view, the home next to us view within 9'FT and the short-yard outback w/an access parking-lot that is near the water treatment plant. But every single window in this house is soo small. It's like living in a cave in daylight. At night without a source of light its like, super pitch black.

Drives me nuts, thank goodness I'm fixing this place up.

TrollHunter
05-02-2013, 07:00 PM

If you are a fellow Rocky Mountain bro then I need to figure out where you live now.

Colorado springs all up in here.
Oh, the main part of my window fell out after i made that earlier post xD
Its still a gorgeous view though, screw you bad luck!

Iceglow
05-02-2013, 07:02 PM
My room is a garage conversion, I have a view of the usually occupied driveway and the street. It's east facing and takes up one entire wall of my room therefore I have one of my curtains nearly always partially drawn as it is where the wardrobe sits. I also have them drawn when I'm wearing less clothing than is safe, when my room is a mess or if I need shade for any reasons what-so-ever.