PDA

View Full Version : The Music of Final Fantasy, Impressions...

HasteInTime
05-02-2013, 06:43 PM
So yeah, I dont know where I'd stick this topic so here it goes.

There was a EoFF tweet earlier that has me thinking or rather mostly not wanting to think of the Music from just about any Final Fantasy, back when I was a kid I didn't usually pay attention to the music unless it was absolutely terrible or great. Which doesn't mean I hated the game in question, just the music if I came to that point of conclusion. Not that FF sucked in music entirely.

Just that FF hasn't had the best track of most memorable melodies for me, in fact the only three things in FF that stuck the most off the top of my mind are FFX's Opening Theme Song called Otherworld, the Chocobo theme music from FF7 (from looking for all those chocobos to race and secrets), and the always near never changing Victory 'Fanfare' jingle after every successful battle.

So what do you remember most about FF's music? What melodies stuck with you?

Gamblet
05-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Dorga & Unne theme, Invincible theme, battle themes from FF III
Neo Exdeath battle theme from FF V
Main theme of FF VII
Feel My Blade from FF IX
Zeromus battle theme from FF IV

Those occasionally pop in my mind. I love those tunes, they are kind of catchy and Uematsu is one of the most gifted artists in my opinion.

Wolf Kanno
05-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Character themes generally, which is why I find it sad the last few entries haven't made as much use of them as they should. There's really too many themes to be honest for me to reminisce about.

HasteInTime
05-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Main theme of FF VII
Feel My Blade from FF IX

Those occasionally pop in my mind. I love those tunes, they are kind of catchy and Uematsu is one of the most gifted artists in my opinion.

Anyone else wish to share favorites or memories/experiences w/FF music?

@Gamblet:
I'll give those a listen... Who knows? Maybe they will stick and drive me nuts or- not. Seven's theme I do know though. Four & Five I can get a hold of easier. FF11's Feel My blade I will have to look it up.

Gamblet
05-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Main theme of FF VII
Feel My Blade from FF IX

FF11's Feel My blade I will have ti look it up.

It is FF9. But I'd recommend you to play those games first before listening to them, it might ruin the feel. :D

HasteInTime
05-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Main theme of FF VII
Feel My Blade from FF IX

FF11's Feel My blade I will have ti look it up.

It is FF9. But I'd recommend you to play those games first before listening to them, it might ruin the feel. :D

Oh yeah nine, I hated certain parts of that game- it itself drove me nuts at the time but the story was fun. :D

I'll be sure to thumb though each game after I give a listen so I know where to look for it. Gotta celebrate the long standing of FF and the upcoming of FF14 ARR. Which the music I've heard so far is pretty good. Matches the FF universe very well.

Loony BoB
05-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Too many. I know them by melody rather than name for some of them, such as what I can only assume is Serah's theme (lala lala la la, lala lala la, lala lala la la la :D)? Anyway, of those that I actually know the name of, I'd say these have stuck with me most...

Liberi Fatali
One Winged Angel
Aerith's Theme
Turk's Theme
Shinra Company
Those Who Fight
Still More Fighting
Fanfare
Various versions of the Chocobo Theme
Main Theme (VII)
Snow's Theme
Answers

So basically Final Fantasy VII's soundtrack and a few others, I guess.

Karifean
05-07-2013, 01:31 PM
I absolutely love the Final Fantasy Music. Nobuo Uematsu is my second favorite composer of all time and I regularly listen to these tracks.