PDA

View Full Version : Haii :3

Squigz
05-03-2013, 01:44 AM
If this is a repost, shoot me... I cried a little on the inside when I got back here this morning and couldnt find the thread I posted yesterday, so either there is some approval pending things, or I screwed something up somewhere... My poor wall fo text :(

I tend to write too much, and when Im trying not to, I write too little instead :( But here goes nothing!

aaaanyways, Ill do this again:

Haii!!! You can call me Squigz. Im a 21 year old Mechatronics engineer (graduated about 6 months ago) [for those who do not know what Mechatroncis engineering is, it combines mechanical, electrical, a little programming, and a bunch of control systems together, to firm robotics and automation), currently working as a control systems engineer. (yay!)

I finally decided to join this forum after seeing the "how does a gunblade work" thread, and not being able to resist the urge to post (though now noticing that the last post in it was 4 years ago, I think Ill just leave it be).

Anyways...

A little about myself:
I am a computer gamer (becuase, even though I loved the PSX, I never had enough money, and enither did my family, to get any consoles. I was given my PSX, and my DS). I grew up with a C64, and an Atari.
When I play games, I like a challenge. I do not get frustrated, I like being stumped or stuck for hours wondering what to do. Im one of those people who play the game first time on the hardest difficulty setting possible. I also take it uopn myself never to use any consumable items (with the exception of the magazines in FF8); and never spend money on anything except crutial items (meaning no sleeping in inns, no potions, etc.). I also never let any character pass out or die.
I also prefer to stray from the norm wherever possible, so I tend to love games where I can have a different setup than everyone else, and still somehow make it work.

I love programming, I know C and C#, VB, and a little java and a little HTML.

***WARNING: The following relates to FF8 and my current goal in it, TLDR readers need not apply***

I first started playing FFVIII ages ago, on my friend's PSX. It was my first non-overly-simple RPG, and my very first love story in a game, and hence I fell in love with it. I love the junction system, it made me think about what I was doing, who I was junctioning what to, etc.
Seeing as how I never use consumables, nor do I let any characters die in battle (unless I want them to, I will explain this in a moment), I have set out to get as strong as possible, and defeat Omega weapon without using any holy wars, no heros, without reviving anyone, and without using selphie's 'The End'...
I have come close a few times with my first play through... So im making this play through even better.
This time, I am keeping the three characters that I plan on using 's levels at a minimum. This involves running from every battle that they are in, and those that I cant run from, but which still give me experience, I kill off any of these three that are in my current party, to ensure that they do not gain any XP. This is becoming tedious and time consuming because 99% of every battle I encounter involves drawing magic, and then the remaining 1% is killing. It has been rewarding so far. The purpose of this is to get to disk 3 like this, get cactaur, get bahumat, junction stat-gain-on-lvl-up abilities from cactaur, and then go level up each of these characters one by one. This, combined with devour, will max almost all of the stats, and for spd, I will mug and refine items until I have maxed their speed too. (If you do not know what items Im talking about I will not give it away).
My party will consist of Squall, Rinoa, and Zell. I found while playing it for the first time that I seem to have fast fingers, able to output much more damage with Zell's limit break, than even Squall's. With Rinoa, I am not going to teach Angelo any abilities except for search, and Invincible Moon. This way, I have a higher chance of casting Invincible moon (I may be wrong, It may be set up so each ability you teach it has a % chance to be cast, and if it is not, then cannon is cast instead, but I am hoping that neglecting the other abilities will increase my chances of getting Invincible Moon)... This way I can keep the party in an invincible state, while pounding Omega Weapon with Squall and Zell.

I am thinking of restarting and also not leveling any of the other characters either, just to say that I have maxed each and every character's stats, although I think I will just max them with devour and items from refining rather than starting again and taking another week to get to where I am now...

****END of FF8 Gameplay Rant***

I am currently working on making a colage in photoshop of every Character, GF, and Boss in FF8, to printed on the back of my new laptop. If anyone could help with this, with ideas, or pictures, screenshots from the game, etc, this would be awesome. If anyone is really interested I can tell them about what kind of layout I am thinking of, who I plan to have on there so far, etc. Im still in the image gathering stage so far, I have not had a chance to get home and work on it in photoshop yet.

So... yeah... uhh... I spoke too much, as usual, but I hope at least some of you take the time to read about me :)

-Squigz

Pheesh
05-03-2013, 05:41 AM
I didn't read all that I'm afraid, but I met you in chat earlier so we're beyond simple introductions now! Always good to have more Aussies joining, hope you stick around and enjoy your time here :D

Freya
05-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Wow that's a hard challenge to have. I don't think I could do it. No consumables? F that.

Mechatronics sounds like a cool robot band. Which I'm sure you could make. WELCOME TO EYESON!

Aulayna
05-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Perhaps this might give you some inspiration:

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/4755f7754169b1930821211e4a4bae05/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/vortex18/Final%20Fantasy%20VIII%20images/Final_Fantasy_VIII.jpg

Also, welcome! :3

Unbreakable Will
05-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Welcome to EoFF! :kakapo:

TrollHunter
05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Please, there are certain people on this forum who put your post lengths to shame. I read all of that no problem~
But you sound like my kind of gamer but brought to the absolute extreme. XD
Im not as crazy as you are.

But welcome to EoFF
Hope you enjoy your stay.

Unbreakable Will
05-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Please, there are certain people on this forum who put your post lengths to shame. I read all of that no problem~

But welcome to EoFF
Just say Steve, TH, we all know it's him. :jess:

Shorty
05-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome to EoFF! We met last night in chat :love:

Squigz
05-04-2013, 02:23 AM

But welcome to EoFF

Its really not all that difficult. Ive always played this way. It goes against everything for me to purposefully let a character die, so I kill it myself with another character... and even that is painful (how im currently playing FF8)... I find games far too easy now if I use consumables. Most people marvel at me beating the elite 4 on pokemon with no potions, no revives, no pp ups, no status heals, and the moment a single pokemon of mine gets KOd, I turn the system off and try again...
Omega weapon in FF8 is the only thing I have not managed to bring down with ease, Ultimeca was actually one of the easiest, due to the number of times I attempted Omega weapon, I had a strategy, and killed ultimeca within a couple of rounds of zell's limit break.
As for length of posts, I tend to ramble, if you see me on chat and im not working, ill talk like theres no tomorrow and my words will save lives.... Tell me to shush if I get too much xD

Pike
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome to EoFF my friend! I like how you grew up with a C64. Let's talk about C64 games :3

Squigz
05-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Welcome to EoFF my friend! I like how you grew up with a C64. Let's talk about C64 games :3

Impossible mission? and Pirates!
I had the disks, not the tapes.
I still have it in the roof of my parents place, one day when im not at work im gonna go get it and fix it.

Pike
05-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Impossible Mission!

"Another visitor. Stay a while... SSSSSTAAAAAAAAYYY FOREEEEEVEEEEERRRRRRR"

Rantz
05-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Squiiiiigz :love: