PDA

View Full Version : Ironman 3

~*~Celes~*~
05-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Discuss~

I loved it! I feel sometimes like i might be easily impressed though. I don't know if it's just because I haven't read the comics yet, but I did not see Hot Pepper coming. Also, loved the after-the-credits bit! Mark Ruffalo <3

Aulayna
05-03-2013, 05:42 AM
Yeah, also as someone who hadn't read the comics I really enjoyed this film. I've read some fairly nitpicky criticisms with it though, but tbh none of that stuff really bothered me. So much so I'm seeing it again this weekend.

Shauna
05-03-2013, 04:52 PM
10/10 would watch again

It was pretty great, I imagine a lot of the negativity coems from nitpicky comic fans angry about minor changes OMG HOW COULD THEY RUIN *insert character/plot point/nonsense here*

Shorty
05-03-2013, 08:55 PM
I haven't seen it and I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I'm a little tired of Iron Man. Third movie, The Avengers, likely two more Avengers movies to follow.

I'm sure it's a good movie and I'll most likely get around to seeing it, but it's a little much!

NorthernChaosGod
05-03-2013, 09:07 PM
I saw it at 9 yesterday. It was awesome. :excited:

Slothy
05-04-2013, 01:42 AM
I haven't seen it and I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I'm a little tired of Iron Man. Third movie, The Avengers, likely two more Avengers movies to follow.

I'm sure it's a good movie and I'll most likely get around to seeing it, but it's a little much!

You're dead to me.

Just got back from seeing it and it was awesome. Some little comic nerd things that kind of nag at me a little bit, but nothing I can't live with. I'm generally pretty fine with changes when they don't end up being complete ass.

Masamunemaster
05-04-2013, 12:58 PM
I went to the midight showing, and I have to say it was great.

(SPOILER)
I was kind of upset with how they did the mandarin, but I don't think they are done just yet...they forgot M.O.D.O.K. and I doubt the mandarin will stay the image he was.

As a side note, did anyone else see the green lantern and punisher symbols in the manadrins...."lair"?

krissy
05-05-2013, 12:07 AM
i liked it
solid 7 overall. moments of 9. unfortunately it didn't last through the entire thing
better than 2, not better than 1 imo.

hated the narration even after the post credits bit
like i get i knew it was coming
but it was still rather blah. mostly the final line before credits.

i really liked they introduced some weakness into his character

charliepanayi
05-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Some observations:

- Robert Downey Jr is now at the point where he could make an Akiva Goldsman script sound half decent.
- Jon Favreau has managed to get even fatter, I didn't think it was possible..
- Ben Kingsley is excellent, and very funny when his true identity is revealed.
- Guy Pearce seems to have become doomed to forever play creepy sleazes.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Rebecca Hall *swoons* - though shame the latter was given a pretty thankless role.
- Loved the bit after the credits.

Sephex
05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Overall I would say it was a solid movie. If someone were to throw on all three in a row for a movie marathon, I would have no trouble watching all of them. Some elements are better/worse depending on which movie you are talking about, so to be they are really on par with each other. I would recommend seeing it!

Del Murder
05-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I thought it was better than Iron Man 2, but not as good as Iron Man 1.

Ben Kinglsy was excellent and I liked that there was a bit of a twist in the Mandarin stuff. Though, as soon as I saw Guy Pierce I knew he was going to be the main villain. Guy Pierce isn't just going to just play some random side character.

One thing that really bugged me was the overuse of the flying armor pieces and armor with nobody inside it. I wished they would have mixed that up a little bit instead of having that be what saves them every time.

Miriel
05-07-2013, 10:02 PM
I thought it was good.

I liked all the bits with Iron Man and the kid. That was adorable and funny.

I loved Ben Kingsley. LOVED.

I didn't love the storyline with the botanist. It seemed... forced and too vague and wishy washy. I didn't like how they took out his metal shard thing.

I HATED that they followed up an awesome kickass sequence with Pepper with a line that diminished what she had just done. It's funny because as it was happening I literally was thinking, "Wow, Pepper is on fire! I hope they don't ruin it by making her say or do something that takes away from this." And then BAM! She follows it up with some bulltrout "oh mah goodness gracious, that was so violent!"

It was a small thing, and I'm sure most people didn't notice. But I felt it coming, and sure enough, there it was. Can't have a woman be powerful without reinserting the fact that she is womanly and delicate afterward!

I also thought RDJ was a tad less charming than usual. But maybe that was a conscious choice to show how he was struggling after the Avengers trout went down. Iron Man 1 is hard to beat, since that was a REALLY good movie. This one was fun though.

Del Murder
05-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Oh, I will say, to its credit, IM3 blows every other third comic book movie out of the water aside from The Dark Knight Rises. It seems to be really hard to do a third movie in a comic book series without making it crap and IM3 was definitely not crap.

Depression Moon
05-09-2013, 02:59 AM
I just saw it today and I can totally understand why some nerds would be mad at one particular change. Hell I probably would have too if I read Iron Man comics, but I don't have the money to read everything I want yet. Overall this movie was superb and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Raistlin
05-11-2013, 03:04 PM
better than 2, not better than 1 imo.

Pretty much sums up my entire opinion of the movie. It was good and fun, and as Del pointed out it is relatively spectacular compared to most third movies in a superhero trilogy, but nothing incredible. Some good development of RDJ, but overuse of the computer-controlled/summoned suits -- and for some reason RDJ and Jarvis never learned to just stay back from the hot people. Iron Man 1 remains the best in the series, and one of the best (if not the best) Marvel movie.

Shiny
05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
It was pretty obvious who the main villain was going to be from the very begininng eventhough I don't know a lot about Iron Main antagonists. Once again I would not go see this crap if Robert Downey Jr. wasn't so amazing at being such a pompous witty, intellectual dick which is basically himself. I liked that it showed all the suits but then blew them up wtfff no. Nothing was a shock in this movie except for the Ben Kingsley part. Him and Heartbreaker suit were my favorite part of the whole movie.

I am so done with this franchise though. Bring on some new blood like Ant Man which should be coming out soon.

Pike
05-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Love it, great movie, possibly my fave of the three Iron Man flicks.

Calliope
05-18-2013, 07:25 PM
I HATED that they followed up an awesome kickass sequence with Pepper with a line that diminished what she had just done. It's funny because as it was happening I literally was thinking, "Wow, Pepper is on fire! I hope they don't ruin it by making her say or do something that takes away from this." And then BAM! She follows it up with some bulltrout "oh mah goodness gracious, that was so violent!"

It was a small thing, and I'm sure most people didn't notice. But I felt it coming, and sure enough, there it was. Can't have a woman be powerful without reinserting the fact that she is womanly and delicate afterward!

I complained about this to Joe the entire way home. I get that Pepper would be an obvious target but I am so tired of having her having to be saved by Tony. Between her intelligence, organizational skills, and access to resources, you'd think that she would have some sort of emergency plan other than "we are leaving town". But no, she has to remain a damsel in distress, and even when she's offered thirty seconds of power over others it has to be at the cost of her agency and bodily autonomy, and she has to remain dependent and a victim even when she triumphs over the bad guy and saves the one she loves.

The movie was okay. I feel like they leeched too much of Tony Stark's arrogance, wit and charm out of the movie though, without replacing it with high enough concentrations of fear, alcohol dependence (Oh, I'm sorry, "Paladium poisoning"), and erratic fly-boy behaviour to make up for it. It was a little watered down for me.

Iron Man will probably always be my favourite Marvel movie, followed by the Ed Norton Hulk movie, and Spider-Man 2.

Shlup
05-19-2013, 09:23 AM
BJ and I went during the midnight showing... of Star Trek. So we had the whole theater to ourselves and we brought in dinner. And it was a lovely date.

I liked the movie, though I don't think I liked it better than either of the other ones. It was pretty slow until the kid showed up, but I liked the couple of twists it had in there.

That almost bothered me, though she also seemed to enjoy it so I choose to focus on that. It was a nice moment overall, having Pepper be the badass for once.

Pike
05-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Am I the only person who didn't even notice that Pepper thing? :shifty:

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2013, 01:08 PM

Maybe, but I didn't care about it, so close enough.

charliepanayi
05-19-2013, 01:33 PM

Maybe, but I didn't care about it, so close enough.

Same here.