PDA

View Full Version : Have you met any people 'from the internet?'

Lawr
05-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Hey so yesterday while I was in Chicago I met my first person from the internet! One of the friends that I had forced to tag along with me decided to schedule a meetup. This was also a 'first time' for my friend too.

It was so much unlike meeting someone new at school or work. I didn't know what to expect, but it was probably one of the most surreal feelings I've had in a while. Besides maybe the sleepy feeling I got after eating BBQ chicken that day.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) this girl wasn't from Eyeson and it was more of a thrill for my friend but I just had this twinkle in my eye the whole time. I imagined what it would be like if that were an Eoffer or an IRC friend sitting in front of me instead, you know?

I already know there have been at least 9 marriages from this website and probably zounds more meetups/relationships. Curious, which Eoffers/internet people have you interacted with outside of video games, chatrooms, and forums? And how was it?

Parker
05-05-2013, 01:31 AM
I met an internet person in las vegas while i was checking out an auction

never met someone from eoff. hope to this summer! maybe

Calliope
05-05-2013, 01:35 AM
no

Denmark
05-05-2013, 01:48 AM
lots. 9 from eoff i think. plus a lot from a different part of the internet (those were all in the same meetup)

Sephex
05-05-2013, 01:53 AM
Went to a Chicago Eyes on meet up in 2007. I also met Jen (more active in IRC) when she randomly decided to stop by my place in 2003. Holy crap that was 10 years ago!

Jinx
05-05-2013, 01:59 AM
I've met Happy Noodle Boy!

In June I'm meeting Denmark, and in September, the plan is to meet Shorty. (Which will be all sorts of cray cray.)

Laddy and I have really been putting our heads together on how to meet up!

Formalhaut
05-05-2013, 02:10 AM
I'd like to meet a few EoFFers during my time here, but alas, I've met no-one from the internet. Part of it is due to a idle fear of the unknown and people not liking me, another is money, and another is convenience, and yet another is my age.

There's many barriers, is what I'm saying. Shame really.

Madame Adequate
05-05-2013, 02:31 AM
i have and then i touched them

not pauw though

:aimsad:

Agent Proto
05-05-2013, 02:34 AM
I've met a few people from the internet. First person I actually met from online was a past member named Drex (if anyone could remember him.) He happened to live nearby, like he lived in the same state. No, more like he lived in the same city. No, more like he lived in the same area, just a little further than just across the street. We met during Halloween of 2002, he came by my house, I was giving treats. He was dressed as a Christmas Tree. Actually, he just wrapped himself in christmas lights. It's been awhile since I've last heard of him. Not sure what really happened to him, last I heard he went on some missionary, because he's Mormon, I think.

I also happened upon a meeting for another forum I used to go to. Gamingforce. I wasn't really much of a member there, but they had a plan to meet at a nearby mall, so I happened to join along because it was close. It was fun. We watched a movie, hung out at the laserquest, and played some arcade games. Not much really went on. This was 2006.

Then last year, I participated in the DC meeting. Met Baloki, Jiro, and Laddy. Fun group. Had a good time with them, even though I was usually the quiet one. xD I wouldn't mind meeting more people from the internet.

Oh, not to forget, I also met Strider, this was back in 2005, maybe? It was when I was visiting my ex-gf in Oakland, who was also from the Internet. She was a member as well. Divina was her screen name. She's nice. :)

Formalhaut
05-05-2013, 02:56 AM
i have and then i touched them

This sounds incredibly creepy. I'm surprised the police isn't monitoring you.

~*~Celes~*~
05-05-2013, 03:38 AM
I've met Justy, enano, and ShadowBahamut. I could have met Kaycee but I think i worked that day, and it's not every day i can afford to go to cedar point :(

I almost met vaern but that didn't work out either!

Freya
05-05-2013, 04:36 AM
I've met 7 eoffers. It's been different everytime. Always fun though. Yah I could have met celes when I met justy but we went.to ceder point and i didnt pay for it Lolol

It's always a different experience. The most different experience was when i met rengori. That was different. Live the kid though.

Shorty
05-05-2013, 05:12 AM
Spaceman Spiff
James Latimer Cockney Rebel
Linus
MecaKane
G13
Rantz
Lynx
Kalilung
NorthernChaosGod
rubah
Kawaii Ryukishi
Marshall Banana
Necronopticus
Roogle
Justy
Jiro
Calliope
Jentleness
Hito
krel
Denmark
Happy Noodle Boy
Psychotic
Freya
Del Murder
Miriel

27! I don't think I've forgotten anyone D:

HasteInTime
05-05-2013, 05:24 AM
I have met only one outside EoFF, was interesting and quite fun. If anyone from EoFF wanted to, they are most definitely welcome to visit me anytime by request of course and we can all hang out! :D

Spaceman Spiff
James Latimer Cockney Rebel
Linus
MecaKane
G13
Rantz
Lynx
Kalilung
NorthernChaosGod
rubah
Kawaii Ryukishi
Marshall Banana
Necronopticus
Roogle
Justy
Jiro
Calliope
Jentleness
Hito
krel
Denmark
Happy Noodle Boy
Psychotic
Freya
Del Murder
Miriel

27! I don't think I've forgotten anyone D:

Wow Shorty, where do you find the time? That's amazing! :O

The Man
05-05-2013, 05:42 AM
I've met a few internets people. One of them was an ex-girlfriend. She posted here briefly under some screen name I'm not 100% certain of, but I think it was Tenderness. The only other EoFF person I'm sure I've met in person is lonny bob, although I think one other person I've met may have posted here at some point. Maybe. But I doubt she posted here much, and I have no idea what screen name she'd have used. I was going to meet up with a bunch of internets people at the Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity, but shitty cellphone reception prevented that from happening.

There are a lot of people here I wouldn't mind meeting, but I doubt I'll have the opportunity at any point in the near future, as not too many EoFFers live in Florida and I don't get the opportunity to travel much.

Calliope
05-05-2013, 05:43 AM
I think it's more about where the time finds her

Leeza
05-05-2013, 05:44 AM
The only internet person I've met is PG... and Skye-chan and Dr Unne, but they don't really count since they are family. :cat:

Yar
05-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Jojee, theundeadhero, ~*~Celes~*~, Shorty, NCG, and Freya :D

I think that's all of them?

Jowy
05-05-2013, 05:54 AM
Schala, Doomgaze, Ally, Misfit, Denmark, Marick, Enano, Knox, Elyse, Clo, and Pike from EoFF. And I've met two of my other friends from warcraft earlier this year!

Pheesh
05-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Jiro
Wild Raubtier
Bert
Tifa's Boobs
Shorty
Jentleness
Kalilung
Genius Lynx (or whatever he's called now)

That is everyone I've met in the order that I met them. All of them were equally awesome. Most looking forward to seeing Locky in July though (obviously).

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-05-2013, 06:23 AM
From EoFF? I've met Faris. She was my first internet friend I met face-to-face. Aside from that I met a girl from another forum where I used to RP, occasionally with Phil too! :p

Rantz
05-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Shorty, Lynxie, Kalilung, NorthernChaosGod, Kawaii Ryukishi, Marshall Banana, and Necronopticus.

And how was it?
So good.

Psychotic
05-05-2013, 09:06 AM
No-one yet. I'm hoping that I never do, if I'm honest.

Pike
05-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Ex-boyfriend and a handful of other people from an old forum I used to go to.

From EoFF: MILFy :love: , Jiro, Aexoden, Jowy

Iceglow
05-05-2013, 09:27 AM
No-one yet. I'm hoping that I never do, if I'm honest.

I hadn't realized my name was No-one but that's ok sweet cheeks. :aimkiss:

Shauna
05-05-2013, 10:17 AM
One or two. Or three. More.

Meeting Locky next weekend, which shall be great, along with seeing BoB and smitten again. ~Party weekend~

Then in September when I stumble into the above couple's wedding, I shall hopefully be able to be socially awkward around a whole bunch of you! :D

Mirage
05-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I have met no one from eoff.

Faris
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
I've only met internet people from EoFF. Unless my bff's boyfriend and ex-boyfriends count (it's probably close to the same number of EoFFers I've met). Hopefully I will meet more ;)

Baloki
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Dear God, someone keep BoB away from this thread, he'll go do an iceglow on us otherwise :s

Pike
05-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Dear God, someone keep BoB away from this thread, he'll go do an iceglow on us otherwise :s

He has a spreadsheet.

Kotaku said so.

Iceglow
05-05-2013, 03:12 PM
even I don't do long posts anymore.

Shiny
05-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Last night I had the pleasure of meeting Rye and Ouch! I confused Ouch! with Denmark for some reason. Firstly Rye is beautious and Ouch is tall and has really plump lips. We touched fingers after we burned ourselves incorrectly lighting...something. After lighting something we ended up playing probably my worse game of mario kart yet. The colors were just so much too handle I just couldn't right then. I didn't even remember that the a button was to move on the n64 version. Someone got the idea to watch rocko's modern life because it has so many peverted references. I was able to spot that the fire hydrant was shaped like a condom in the fish hooks episode. Someone said something funny but I can't remember what it was right now. Maybe I will later when I'm less high. trout. Anyway, when I arrived they were playing a drawing game that consisted of a lot of drawings of penises and I have a feeling that is what most EoFF meet ups are like. I should go to them more often. :shiny:

Quindiana Jones
05-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Slept with Paul.

Denmark
05-05-2013, 04:34 PM
I confused Ouch! with Denmark for some reason.

i'll take this as a compliment.

i've met, in chronological order: Jowy, Misfit, enano, Dignified Pauper, JKTrix, Faris, Ko Ko, PG, Shorty. I'll be meeting Tifa's Boobs in June. I'll see Shorty again whenever she comes to the east coast (October?) and hopefully I'll meet some more of you around then too (NYC folks maybe?).

if you're ever in eastern PA, look me up.

Night Fury
05-05-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm going to trash Loony BoB & smittenkitten's place on Saturday with Shauna. It will be neat. Other than that I haven't met any EoFFers. Have met some lassies from my beauty and fashion forum though and that was fun, going for sushi with them on Sunday too :bigsmile:

JenkinsHTTK
05-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Not sure if he wants me to say this but I know Cid.

In the interest of keeping my promise though i'm going to state where or how.

I found out who he was through the kotaku article.

Citizen Bleys
05-05-2013, 05:43 PM
I actually worked with one of our former site staffers for several years...I never interacted with him on EoFF so I can't remember his username here...CloudDragon or something like that. I really only know him by his real name (Kory). He's in the army now.

I never would have known I worked with an EoFF'er if he hadn't recognised my username -- I have a fleece vest with Citizen Bleys written on the breast.

Denmark
05-05-2013, 05:46 PM
CloudDragon is Brandon, so that's not right. I recall the name Kory though. Clouded Sky? /guess

Loony BoB
05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Jewels
Sakura Yume
Jellybellie (or something, I forget, she didn't really post much and she was mostly quiet at the meetup and she's probably pruned now D=)
Rinoabella
Wyllius
ShlupQuack
ButThePoncho
TheAbominatrix
Cid
Cid's Wife
Nino Brown
Etienne
Hanuben Heiken (seemingly pruned)
Miriamel
~Tenderness~
The Man
DK
Squally Leonharty
MsTiffie
Thingfish
smittenkitten
Brian the Pink Shark
Shauna
Chaos
Knox
Psychotic
Jess
Levian
Emerald Aeris
Chronos (didn't know he was from the internet before meeting him, though, so not sure if that counts xD Danielle's brother who was registered here before I met him).

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone... Gonna add Locky to this list very soon, and hopefully a few more in September. =]

Also, I don't actually have a list on a spreadsheet. Sorry to disappoint. :( I do keep a text file for people I've spoken to on the phone, although it's a little old now.

Jinx
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Loony BoB, you've never called me. :(

Loony BoB
05-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Such things can be easily changed. PM me your number and next time I'm bored and Danielle is out clubbing or something, I may just give you a call. Same goes for anyone here, really... I don't do it as often as I used to but I'm still a proper talker on the phone, as Azar can confirm.

Night Fury
05-05-2013, 08:56 PM
You should call me sometime this week so we can confirm plans and trout.

Shauna
05-05-2013, 09:07 PM
tbh I don't know if we have any plans. Wing it? :p

LocoColt04
05-05-2013, 09:15 PM
I met three of you from here BEFORE I was here, does that count? :P

I've met a handful from other forums in years gone by though, even dated one for a couple of years. Probably just shy of a dozen if I had to count them all. Well, let's count them all.
<insert awkward="" silence="" while="" counting="" usernames="" on="" fingers="" and="" toes="">
*awkward silence while counting usernames on fingers and toes*

Yep. Eleven!</insert>

Night Fury
05-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Good idea, but I'd like to know just how much money I'm gonna spend >.<

Shauna
05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Ah, fair enough. Wing it while spending as little as possible!

If you wanna call up BoB during the week and hash something out, Matt and I will be up for anything. :3 Just let me know what's going on.

Loony BoB
05-05-2013, 09:29 PM

Good idea, but I'd like to know just how much money I'm gonna spend >.<
You three arrive, we add up how much cash we can spend, we do something based on that. =] No worries. Danielle's broke, so whatever you girls pay, I'll be paying at least double, and I'm a tight bastard. I'm sure we'll be okay. :D

Night Fury
05-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah I'm super super broke :( But I'm willing to fork out a bit to have a nice time, but not... you know, loads. xD

escobert
05-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I've met Happy Noodle Phil :D and Caraliz.

Shauna
05-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Yeah I'm super super broke :( But I'm willing to fork out a bit to have a nice time, but not... you know, loads. xD

Edinburgh on the cheap! Whoooo!

Night Fury
05-05-2013, 09:57 PM

Edinburgh on the cheap! Whoooo!

I'll have £30 cash and can use my card too, but £30 is my budget for the day :D

Raistlin
05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Actually a relatively short list for this site nowadays: Lynx, Kalilung, Clo, and Jojo. Though I've met Lynx, Kalilung, and Jojo multiple times each (Jojo's up to 3 or 4 now). At the first meetup with Lynx/Kali, there was a guy I recognized from Lynx and Bleys's LJ; I think his screenname was Kenjita (don't remember his real name). I suppose he could count as another internet person.

One of these days foa and I will meet up and go on adventures.

Shoden
05-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Met Lost Number a couple of times. Once he came to my town, South Shields he just recommended me some anime all day and the other we went to a Doctor Who exhibit at the centre of life in Newcastle ON DERBY DAY OF ALL DAYS, he got home fine took me 3 hours to get out of the city! D:

Rebellious Eagle
05-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Well, I've met my fiance many times and he's from the interwebz :P

Lawr
05-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Wow there have been some interesting meetups between people I'd have never guessed even talked to each other like that, especially some on Shorty's list. But as expected, she *ahem* gets around!

Schala, Doomgaze, Ally, Misfit, Denmark, Marick, Enano, Knox, Elyse, Clo, and Pike from EoFF. And I've met two of my other friends from warcraft earlier this year!

Did you tell Ally I said she was hot yet?

Jowy
05-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Wow there have been some interesting meetups between people I'd have never guessed even talked to each other like that, especially some on Shorty's list. But as expected, she *ahem* gets around!

Did you tell Ally I said she was hot yet?

I probably did that same day. That was quite a few years ago and most of that timeframe is a pretty long monotonous blur.

Citizen Bleys
05-06-2013, 04:36 AM
CloudDragon is Brandon, so that's not right. I recall the name Kory though. Clouded Sky? /guess

I knew someone would make me look it up. It was Cloud_Strider.

theundeadhero
05-06-2013, 04:45 AM
I've met maybe 10-15 of you?
More European members than American ones.
I can't remember what we talked about on the phone but I've talked to BoB. I remember it started with Psy and me playing some kind of joke on him and laughing about it.

I Took the Red Pill
05-06-2013, 05:03 AM
We touched fingers after we burned ourselves incorrectly lighting...something. AH WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE?!?!?!

Torch
Gas stove
Menorah
Incense
Funeral pyre

Maybe I will later when I'm less high.oic

LocoColt04
05-06-2013, 05:12 AM
We touched fingers after we burned ourselves incorrectly lighting...something.

Funeral pyre

This sounds delightfully remorse.

Freya
05-06-2013, 05:35 AM
I forgot about SF! Technically cause Lococolt was there, del, miriel, shorty, and that other random guy who joined then kinda went poof, I've met 12!

G13
05-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Just Shorty, I believe. I feel like there should be more since I live relatively close to a lot of you. Pike is just a day's drive away, and Jowy and I are practically neighbors.

Pike
05-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Pike is just a day's drive away

:jess:

Sarah is another person who's really close to me now. Like seven or eight hours.

The great thing about living where I do is that I'm right on the interstate so anyone who is going crosscountry on I-90 has no excuse and has to stop by.

Roogle
05-06-2013, 07:34 AM
The right person and the right time create a situation that leads to your destinies becoming intertwined. If that's the case, then there's little that can stop your paths from crossing.

Shiny
05-06-2013, 09:26 AM
We touched fingers after we burned ourselves incorrectly lighting...something. AH WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE?!?!?!

Menorah

Well, trout how'd you know I was Jewish? It must have been the Aaron Freed fro that gave me away.

We were actually lighting the Kinara even though Kwanzaa is months from now. We brown folk have to get an early start.

Look at Roogle being all philosophic.

Pike
05-06-2013, 02:53 PM
I probably should've met up with more of you when I was in the UK. We might've met up with Cuch but then Hux and I picked the worst possible weekend to fly into Belfast and we all got snowed in.

Anyways Hux and I will have our third visit later this year, and then hopefully our fourth will turn into something permanent :}

Jinx
05-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Anyone live on I-70? I'll try and stop by to say hello when I move.

Clouded Sky
05-08-2013, 02:32 AM

Damn, I'm impressed. While I'm completely unrelated to the discussion, my name IS Cory.

Anyway, I've met a few EoFFers in real life. I'd have to look at the pictures to get everyone, but I know Jojee, PG, Ouch!, and Bahamut2kxx were there.

We went to an art museum and the Taste of Chicago and got drunk in a hotel room.

EDIT: IF YOU EVER FLY IN TO TOKYO LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN HANG.

Pike
05-08-2013, 04:31 AM
Aren't there like three or four different EoFFers in Japan right now?

Shiny
05-08-2013, 06:49 AM
There are four in Asia. Dan Dan and James Latimer are in Japan. Quin and Keith Pill are in China. So many of my friends are moving to Asia outside of this site too. I wanna go. ;__;

Pike
05-08-2013, 01:14 PM
There are four in Asia. Dan Dan and James Latimer are in Japan. Quin and Keith Pill are in China. So many of my friends are moving to Asia outside of this site too. I wanna go. ;__;

Justin is in Japan too right now, isn't he?

Shiny
05-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Yes but he is coming back before my bday. We will be able to celebraaaate.

Night Fury
05-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Seeing BoB, sk, and Shauna today! :D

Loony BoB
05-11-2013, 08:26 AM
The last post Locky ever made.

Calliope
05-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Careful Daniel, don't break your glasses now.

"I've got the knife!"

Shauna
05-11-2013, 09:19 AM
:shifty:

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 09:40 AM
If you both spoil her before she gets to me I will flay you :colbert:

Faris
05-11-2013, 01:07 PM

Don't forget to show her your wood!

Loony BoB
05-11-2013, 04:52 PM

Don't forget to show her your wood!
xD First thing I did when I got her into my flat.

Marky Tee
05-12-2013, 12:29 AM
yes....a girl from a forum dedicated to the greatest video game series ever (not final fantasy btw :P)
we both broke up with our partners around the same time so we met up, had rebound sex and went our separate ways pretty much
for any laddies out there who this sounds appealing to, just get in conta....ha just kidding:p

Rye
05-12-2013, 04:50 AM
Last night I had the pleasure of meeting Rye and Ouch! I confused Ouch! with Denmark for some reason. Firstly Rye is beautious and Ouch is tall and has really plump lips. We touched fingers after we burned ourselves incorrectly lighting...something. After lighting something we ended up playing probably my worse game of mario kart yet. The colors were just so much too handle I just couldn't right then. I didn't even remember that the a button was to move on the n64 version. Someone got the idea to watch rocko's modern life because it has so many peverted references. I was able to spot that the fire hydrant was shaped like a condom in the fish hooks episode. Someone said something funny but I can't remember what it was right now. Maybe I will later when I'm less high. trout. Anyway, when I arrived they were playing a drawing game that consisted of a lot of drawings of penises and I have a feeling that is what most EoFF meet ups are like. I should go to them more often. :shiny:

It was wonderful having you over! You should have been over for Cards Against Humanity. It was cray cray. :heart:

Ouch!
05-13-2013, 04:46 AM
I confused Ouch! with Denmark for some reason.

i'll take this as a compliment.
I'll take this as a compliment that you took this as a compliment.

Let's see...

Shiny
Rye
Dolentrean
PG
Bahamut2000X
Jojo
Clouded Sky
edzxcvbnm
Chemical
Del Murder
Miriel

I don't know if I'm forgetting anyone.

Del Murder
05-13-2013, 04:54 AM
I've met several people from EoFF over the years:

Strider (you don't remember him)
Miriel
Calliope
Shlup
ButThePoncho (Shlup's man)
Cid (the one and only)
a bunch of other losers at Shlup's wedding
eestlinc
Spuuky
Ouch!
Marshall Banana (& Necronopticous)
Shorty
Freya

Calliope
05-13-2013, 05:01 AM
I like that your list was in chrono_logical order :p

Del Murder
05-13-2013, 05:29 AM
Oh I forgot Giggles and...Miller Family Dog?

Calliope
05-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Yes you did!

Suddenly I wonder what Fabio is doing.

Aulayna
05-13-2013, 08:45 AM
I haven't met anyone from EoFF though I met a couple of people from the site I used to run and also met a few people at University via the Internet too before our courses started.