PDA

View Full Version : Time to correct all the missed South Park's

NeoCracker
05-05-2013, 09:08 AM
I never watched a lot of southpark, though all the episode's I've seen have been pretty awesome, though I haven't seen even half of them.

So, currently I've been marathoning it on Netflix. Starting from episode 1, I'm currently on Season 3, Tweak Vs. Craig. Now watching the movie, as it was released after that episode.

I have seen the movie, and it's awesome.

So, let's discuss the awesome!

Edit: Also, last new episode I saw was Night of the Living Homeless, Season 11 according to an episode guide.

Edit2: On to the next episode Sexual Harassment Panda. And was this really the birth of the line 'I'm a sad panda'.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I guess this might be one of those shows people don't admit to watching, but I still pick it on Netflix fairly regularly.

Looking at the older seasons, I think it's actually gotten better with time. There's not many shows I can say that about.

Raistlin
05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Why would people not admit to watching South Park? It's an awesome show, and second-to-none when it comes to social commentary.

South Park took a few seasons to really hit its stride -- as well as being in a comfortable enough position for the writers to say whatever the smurf they wanted. Seasons 5-10 are overall pretty stellar (though the earlier seasons have some classics as well), and the South Park Movie is just fantastic. I don't think the recent seasons are quite as good as the middle ones, but South Park still comes up with some gems (the scathing episode satirizing the NCAA comes to mind).

escobert
05-05-2013, 11:01 PM
I love me some South Park and have since I was in 6th grade :D

Calliope
05-05-2013, 11:22 PM
You broke my troutty wall!

NeoCracker
05-06-2013, 07:38 AM
You know, I am sad I went so many years not having seen the PiP episode, Great Expectations. Especially since I had started feeling sad at lack of PiP!

On to Fat Camp, which is an episode I have seen before, but it's still great!

Edit:....And I can't be the only guy who doesn't really like Butters.

Jinx
05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
I LOVE Butters.

Seasons 3-6 were the golden years. I disagree with Raist; it's gone downhill immensely.

Raistlin
05-07-2013, 04:58 AM
How can you not like Butters? Butters is hilarious!

Boobies: Season 9 had the Scientology episode. QED.

Freya
05-07-2013, 06:49 AM
loo loo loo, i got some apples

NeoCracker
05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
How can you not like Butters? Butters is hilarious!

Boobies: Season 9 had the Scientology episode. QED.

I like everyone's reaction to butters, but most of the time it feels like these reactions would have been just as funny were it someone else. And the butters only episode was only good for Butter's parents, while Butters himself was kind of meh the whole time for me.

Currently I'm on the Kenny-less season, most of these episodes I've never seen. There are plenty of people I'd like to see more of besides Butters, like Tweek and Pip. Even Tolken.

Raistlin
05-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Wait till you see some of the middle season episodes with Butters. He has some great appearances, like Raisins and the internet memes episode (the first one). He's probably my second- or third-favorite character on the show (after, of course, Cartman, perhaps the most hilarious and awful character ever created). Though I will that there is such a thing as too much Butters, and that a lot of consecutive episodes shouldn't focus on him.

NeoCracker
05-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Wow, I JUST realized Professor Chaos is a Dr. Doom reference. XD

Yeah, I think Butters works best as a side character with occasional appearances.

Edit: I've seen Raisin's before, and it was enjoyable.

Edit2: YES! TWEEK WON THE ROSE! I fucking love Tweek!

NeoCracker
05-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Well, having finished 15 seasons of South Park, I feel knowledgeable enough to bring you the ten best and worst episodes of South Park! Mind you, I’m not putting any of season 15 on the worst of list, cause that season was just bad on a whole, and would occupy 5 spots. There are some good episodes there, but really on a whole the season was just not funny.

Anyway, starting with the worst of list!

10. You have 0 Friends (Season 14)
In part by the time I saw this I was already bored of facebook jokes, which hadn’t lasted long at all. Also I never really knew anyone who gave a smurf about how many friends they had. This may be because I was late to the facebook thing, but a lot of the aspects they were poking fun at are things I just never really noticed. It does get pretty cool when it goes all Tron though.

[u]9. Are you there God? It's me, Jesus. (Season 3)
Yeah, this is here because it was just boring. Very few funny jokes, and most of the episode is unmemorable to me. Not much else to say really.

[u]8. Awesome-O (Season 8)
Yeah, it’s already known I don't’ like Butters. He only works as a side character, not one of an episodes main focus’s. It’s amusing to watch Cartman suffer for a while, but that runs thin fast, and there is nothing else in the episode worth anything.

7. Canada On Strike (Season 12)
Yeah, Canada Ripping had already been done to death at this point, so an entire episode dedicated to the least funny Canada ripping yet was just not welcome for me. The Movie was probably the height of the shows Canada ripping.

6. How to Eat with your Butt (Season 5)
...YEah, I got nothing here. I really don’t know why, but not a joke worked here for me. The ‘Funny Fuse’ thing with Cartman didn’t even feel like a joke, just something that happened. And the whole premise of the episode didn’t really do anything for me in the slightest. It kind of felt like a step back from season 2‘s Aborted Fetus Lady episode.

5. Crippled Summer (Season 14)
It was an episode of bad comedy done by cripples. And the cripples all resembled old cartoon characters. I don’t know what the smurf they were going for here.

4. Fun with Veal (Season 6)
There barely felt like there were even any jokes in this episode. And the big one at the end, Stan turning into a pussy, just wasn’t funny. The only laughs came with Cartman negotiating, but again this was done better elsewhere.

3. A Jersy Thing (Season 14)
So it’s full of Jersy Shore stereotypes are stupid jokes. It never got more then that, which is sad cause South Park, even in these later seasons, is better then that. There was nothing but cheap shot jokes here, and they weren’t even funny cheap shots.

2. A Million Little Fibers (Season 10)
Towelee worked for one episode. That was it. Every time past that was too much, and god this episode was the worst. This was so close to being my number 1. So unfunny, all they did was have the towel repeat anything you’d see on that intervention show, only expecting the fact it’s a towel saying it to make it funny.

1. W.T.F. (Season 14)
Alright, I have no idea what the smurf they were trying to say with this episode. Gay Jokes about wrestlers were old years before this episode ever came out for starters. The wrestling gimmicks they were parodying haven’t been around since the late 80;s, yet the references they made were to Edge and Cena. The only thing that really seemed to make sense was how convoluted some story lines could get, but past that this was just a mess.

charliepanayi
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Awesome-O one of the worst episodes? Madness, I tell you!

maybee
05-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Butters is the best, enough said. :doublecolbert:

Butters becoming a pimp and not really realizing what it correctly means is one of my favourite episodes.

Episode I would avoid is " Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy " ..... yeah........

Raistlin
05-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Still not liking Butters? Awesome-O and Fun with Veal on a worst episodes list? Cracker, your terrible taste has followed from your game's list. :p

NeoCracker
05-15-2013, 05:19 PM
I will say Butters Bottom Bitch actually did almost make my top ten episodes. It was smurfing hilarious.

And here it is!

Top Ten Episodes

10. Cartman Land (Season 5)
You know, there was this wonderful beauty to the episodes conclusion. Just seeing Cartman slowly devolve into suffering, and the almost twisted way that cartmans suffering is what gave Kyle his will to live again. I kind of like how the similarities are shown between Cartman and Kyle in that regard, and that’s the reason I almost put on ‘Crack Baby Athletic Association on this list. However anything in that episode past seeing Kyle turn into Cartman wasn’t really that funny, so it didn’t make it.

9. Cartoon Wars 1 + 2 (Season 10)/Pandemic (Season 12)
Yes you could say I’m cheating here, but smurf off. Starting with Cartoon Wars, not only did I absolutely love how much family guy get’s blasted in these episodes and seeing Cartman’s seething hatred for it, but I also liked how the show is actually in part offering a defense for Family Guy’s existence. The final punch that makes me love the episode was the bit where you get text saying ‘Yep, Comedy Central completely pussied out on showing Muhammad here’.

Pandemic I loved because of Craig. Normally in this show you have either Kyle or Stan to play the Straight man. However this time they bring in Craig for that, and we actually see the South Park writers using him to illustrate some of the bizarre writing you see with South Park a lot. Craigs comments on why nobody likes hanging out with our main characters, how they always cause everyone's problems, it’s just beautiful and satisfying to see the show’s creators poke fun at their own show within it. That with Craigs inability to give a smurf by the end was wonderful, the monotone and irritable voice of his fitting perfectly at that finally.

8. You're Getting Old + Assbergers (Season 15)
This is not the funniest couple episodes, this is not the most clever commentary they’ve ever done, nor is it the most over the top they’ve ever done. What it is though is probably the most depressing thing I have seen in this show. The first episode almost lost me until the last five minutes when it seems nothing will ever be the same, and Stan and Kyle drift apart. Then the entire next episode, when Stan finally accepts and looks forward to all the new things life will bring, everything snaps back to the way it was before. What should have been a happy ending ends up leaving you more depressed then before. It may not have been the best comedy writing they’ve done, but damn it was I sad at it’s conclusion. I really hope this is something that get’s followed up on in the future.

7. Free Hat (Season 6)
Yes, the majority of the reason for this is my dislike of the Starwars Special Editions. Don’t get me wrong, the jokes are hilarious, and the ‘Free Hat’ guys are outrageous and wonderful, but the major reason is my dislike of the Special Editions.

6. The F Word (Season 13)
This is where they start calling the Biker guy Fags. I loved seeing the boys, in frustration, trying to explain what a Fag means to a bunch of people just unable to get it. A particular part I loved were the bikers looking it up, seeing how many different groups it has been used to insult over the years, long before it ever came to mean gay people. This episode was a great look at the changing of language over time and the people who seem unable to accept or understand this change.

5. The Wacky Molestation Adventure (Season 4)
Yep, dystopian future where the kids kill each other to appease the Provider in the absence of their parents. This is just so over the top and goofy, everything about this episode worked for me, even if as social commentary it was not one of the better ones out there.

4. The Simpson's Already Did It (Season 6)Yes, an episode heavily featuring Butters. I seem to like him more as Professor Chaos, but that was only part of the reason for my joy. The bigger part was the Seaman society the created, and the War between the Cartman and Tweek worshipers. Tweek needs a new episode god dammit. Anyway, the point of just how much trout the Simpsons had done, and how even they borrowed stuff from things before, was also great.

3. PiP (Season 4)
I have no smurfing Idea how this pick will be received. But I absolutely love Pip. Seeing him, and other southpark like characters. re-doing a classic story from Charles Dickon’s was smurfing wonderful. The villain was so delightful in her villainy, every aspect of this worked to make you care about the plot, and still laugh at all the goofy south park antics infused with it. The Idea that Pip is now dead is a tragedy.

2. The Coon Saga (Season 13 + 14)
Mysterion is Kenny at his absolute best I feel. The infusion of all the Cthullu stuff was just wonderful. There were some damn amazing set pieces throughout, and some wonderful twists and story telling. And finally an explanation for Kenny, one that is absolutely wonderful. And, in fashion of any good lovecraft story, a lot of it still remains a mystery at the end.

And Cartman going all Cutsey to run Cthullu? I don’t know why, but that worked so damn well. Though my favorite moment was the end, when Kenny just goes ‘Well, time to go to bed’. Absolute smurfing gold it was. Here’s to more Mysterion in the future.

1. The China Problem (Season 12)
Yes, the episode where George Lucas and Speilberg rape Indiana Jones, and everyone treats it as if Indy himself had been raped. I don’t care if they already did something similar with Free Hat. The extent to which this one was pushed was just wonderful and hilarious. There is just so much disdane in this episode for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Really I have no more justification for this. :p