PDA

View Full Version : EoFF May Steam Event

Bolivar
05-05-2013, 07:46 PM
http://content.mycutegraphics.com/graphics/month/may/month-of-may-flowers.pnghttp://www.iloveubuntu.net/sites/default/files/field/image/steam%20beta%20ubuntu.png

Since no thread has been made yet I thought I'd set things off and see if we could do this democracy style, soliciting suggestions for game and date.

As far as games, I think a fun multiplayer free-to-play title would be best and there's tons of great ones out there right now. As far as shooters go, there's Tribes: Ascend, Planetside 2, and Blacklight Retribution which have been making noise lately. On the MOBA-side there's Battle for Graxia and Dota 2. It's no secret I'm a huge Dota addict; some of us here are already playing it, others are League of Legends players ripe for converting, and of course we could have some laid back introduction sessions where newbies can come out and learn about one of the hottest games picking up steam right now. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to throw them out and maybe after a few posts a poll can be made.

Another option would be Age of Empires II, the HD re-release. I know there's some huge fans in here and we kicked the idea around a bit, but it is a $20 game. I'm making that lawyer money now and wouldn't mind picking it up if we could cultivate enough interest.

As far as days and times, anytime after 7 EST is good with me, as are weekends, Mother's Day notwithstanding.

Pike
05-05-2013, 09:31 PM
AoE II is the only thing on that list I've ever played :( I don't have the HD re-release yet but I can take a look at my budget.

Times available: Almost any day between ~4-8pm EST. I can start earlier on most Sundays.

Slothy
05-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Been meaning to get to this, but May is probably going to be my worst month availability wise where weekends are concerned.

I've been meaning to try Tribes: Ascend for some time since you mentioned it so I wouldn't say no to that.

Age of Empires would be cool too, but it is a steep investment for people who might just be interested in playing together this month. If there are enough people on board I'd be down for it though assuming the timing works for me.

Aulayna
05-06-2013, 08:05 AM
You'll never convert me from LoL. Never!

Pheesh
05-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Quick, everyone grab Star Wars: Battlefront II while it's still on sale!! I remember having the most awesome fun playing that at lan parties.

Bolivar
05-07-2013, 12:57 AM

Time. That's all it takes when something is inevitable :mwahaha:

And Vivi, we can set up a playdate to check out Tribes Ascend even if this event doesn't take off :)

Slothy
05-07-2013, 02:19 AM
That'd be fine by me. :D

Aulayna
05-07-2013, 09:17 AM

Time. That's all it takes when something is inevitable :mwahaha:

Until you all convert to LoL - yes you're completely correct.

the_best_noob
05-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Once you go dotA, you never come back

Too lazy to make a witty rhyme

KH-Cloudy
05-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Really into DotA right now and this sounds like fun. :)

Bolivar
05-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Well Vivi and Nirojan play as well, if you guys were in, we'd have a team of five for it to be "EoFF vs. The World" (or maybe just some bots :|(Vivi's a n00b :grumble:)). What's your Steam names?

Maybe we could even convince Aulayna to join and have a laid-back private lobby match with bots rounding out the teams?

Any other EoFFers interested in learning a little Dota?

KH-Cloudy
05-08-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm already in the steam group, but my name is: SHave. (Though, I have my clan tag on)

the_best_noob
05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I really should download dotA. Some random guy gave it to my for free, but I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I have played it a bit before, I like it more than LoL

My steam name is the same as my name here

Pike
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I own DotA 2 but I haven't played it yet. No real interest to. I played the original Defense of the Ancients WC3 map a loooooooong time ago and it was decent fun but I've no real drive to get into it again :p

Bolivar
05-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Well Miss Pike now's a good a time as any to dive in or you could make some game suggestions yourself!

the_best_noob
05-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Borderlands 2 for June!

I bet I'm the only one who has it on steam.

Aulayna
05-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Borderlands 2 for June!

I bet I'm the only one who has it on steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ashliiful/stats/Borderlands2/?tab=achievements

Wrong!

the_best_noob
05-09-2013, 08:46 PM
What level is your Siren?

Mine is 57

Aulayna
05-09-2013, 08:58 PM
50 still. I haven't got the DLC yet to raise the cap.

the_best_noob
05-09-2013, 09:43 PM
It's totally worth it. I could dupe you a bunch of level 50 legendaries if you want.

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 12:16 PM
I have Borderlands 2. Still haven't passed it yet nor is my character a very high level. But I can fix that before June, surely!

the_best_noob
05-11-2013, 07:11 PM
I can fix that.

I'll add you, maybe we can play later

Pheesh
05-13-2013, 02:46 PM
I also started playing dota 2, not particularly good yet but I know the basics and would be keen to play if it gets organised :D

Loony BoB
05-13-2013, 03:04 PM
No matter how many times I see this thread title, I always read it as a news headline. I just keep wondering which event it is which EoFF will be steaming.