PDA

View Full Version : Campfire Skype: 'Party' like it's the 90s

HasteInTime
05-06-2013, 04:21 AM
<the campfire="" skype="" program=""></the>___________________
\Campfire Skype Program\
|

So I was Mognetting Looney BoB and he has suggested that I create a thread for my 'newly' named "Campfire Skype" program idea to garner volunteers and get to know one another better, so here it is. I want to get a group of us from EoFF here together for a Campfire Skype meet-up for Skype and up to 10 of us can partake in a video call, since I have Skype Premium. Anybody from EoFF can volunteer.

I think I can have up to 25 people in a call, but I think 10 sounds like the right number here. I dont wish to overcrowd or confuse the group during the Skype meetup. So I will rotate every 30 minutes and keep the group open to 10 lucky people at any given time, so others that are interested in partaking on my Campfire Skype meetup w/me can. For those of you that already know about the amazing power of the free service of Skype to Skype and the power of a web-cam. Then please hop aboard and volunteer! If instead you have questions about Skype and it's services let me know.

If you are interested in the Campfire Skype program hosted by myself then leave a post of your possible availability for the date that has been scheduled. If you can't spare the time right now but would love to get in on the fun, there will be plenty of other opportunities. So please Mognet me or post here, so I know to plan to for a future date.

~Your Invited to the Campfire on Skype!~

When:
Today on Sunday the 26th of May 2013- starting at 3pm EST, 9PM UK, and 2PM China

Where: Skype on Your PC or Laptop/Notebook/Ultrabook/AppleDevice or where-ever the Skype app is found ...

Time: Will be decided when the members have spoken... TBA. (Let me know your availability.)

What you must do to partake:

1. Obvious: Be punctuational, clean, and sober during the group call. (I would not want you to miss out on anything)

2. Obvious: Use a web-cam of some kind, as long as we can see your stunningly brilliant face!
3. Obvious: Bring refreshments and snacks of your own or I would have teleported some Pizza or Cookies:monster:-
(d*m our insufficient technology, LoL)

4. Not-So Obvious: A Half-Hour of your time. If this is successful I will continue this type of meetup!
(There will be two EoFF Groups of 10 per half an hour. This way I can change out everyone as needed each half hour.)

5. Super-Obvious: Be a EoFF'er and post your username you use on Skype or Mognet me both your Skype username and number.

6. Not-So-Super-Obvious: Post your Region and Timezone because all meets will be based on EST.

Right now I'm preparing some topics of interest and material for the meetup. If you have a topic of interest to share please let me know about it by Mognetting me. Or you may ask questions and leave some suggestions for the EoFF Campfire Skype meetup here.

Members Attending 1st Meet: (May 26th, 2013)

-Group 1- (5 of 10)

Haste in Time
Shiney
Lonney BoB
Locky
Quint Eastwood

-Group- 2- ( 1 of 10)

Haste in Time

Members Wanting to Attend:
Faris
Shorty
Gzussaves

Foot-Note: I have plans in the works to hold a party for EoFF members in the future at my place some-point but for now this will be the easier method to get to know one another better outside of EoFF's Fantabulious Forums ... :D

Update:
Campfire Skype starting at 3pm EST, 9PM UK, and 2PM China

*Edit: Important!

Campfire Skype is now at a close, the event has failed to captivate more interest due to technical difficulties as I am new at EoFF and trying my best with EoFF users. The Goal was set to be Semi-Casual but it seems members on EoFF settle nothing less then just casual. (in likely a very broad way from what I gather, no offense is meant)

Should you wish I will accommodate for a casual w/no-strings meet at a later date. Just let me know in this thread or whatever if you'd like to see another meetup date and time. Thank you to all those who have participated and to those whom are/were interested.

to those that did wish to partake and still want to chat with me, feel free to Skype me anytime because "I'm Listening- this has been Tom (Frasier)..." your friendly neighborhood Skypist.

G13
05-06-2013, 06:06 AM
1. Obvious: Be punctuational, clean, and sober during the group call. (I would not want you to miss out on anything)

I think you may have lost a large chunk of volunteers here.

Loony BoB
05-06-2013, 09:24 AM
I might pop by for some of these. As for soberity, I think it's fairly safe that I'll be sober on a Sunday as I don't like to be drinking the day before I have to get up early for work. But yeah, I don't mind if some people show up drunk, we have a lot of drinkers at EoFF and it always makes things amusing ;)

My Skype name is loony.bob, although I don't use it much. I wouldn't restrict yourself too much by a specific time as if you start up a chat, chances are a lot of people will just join in for a good few hours or so depending on how active it gets. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. =]

Jinx
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Lol, I'll stick to the inappropriateness of our Faris:I-Need-Penis, Mario Lopez group.

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2013, 06:01 PM
I'd ditch the silly half hour only rule. Just keep it relaxed, man. You'll be doing it every week anyway, so there's no rush.

I'm up for this, although I work till 8PM on Sunday and live in China. Which may work in our favour, actually, since this'll be EST. I think that's 12 hours behind me.

Region: China. UMT +8:00.

Shorty
05-06-2013, 06:28 PM
My microphone doesn't work so I don't think I can join :(

Night Fury
05-06-2013, 07:01 PM
I would do this.

Shiny
05-06-2013, 07:21 PM
I never drink on Sundays as they are my fellowship nights. Depending on when this is I might drop in, but fellowship is at 8pm est on Google+.

Cuchulainn
05-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I'll do it if someone keeps saying how hot i look.

Rantz
05-06-2013, 07:43 PM

I'd do that one-on-one.

Parker
05-06-2013, 09:16 PM
lol as if there isn't already a cool skype cru group where we objectify faris all day

HasteInTime
05-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I might pop by for some of these. As for soberity, I think it's fairly safe that I'll be sober on a Sunday as I don't like to be drinking the day before I have to get up early for work. But yeah, I don't mind if some people show up drunk, we have a lot of drinkers at EoFF and it always makes things amusing ;)

My Skype name is loony.bob, although I don't use it much. I wouldn't restrict yourself too much by a specific time as if you start up a chat, chances are a lot of people will just join in for a good few hours or so depending on how active it gets. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. =]

Yeah well that's why there is a "Drunk Thread" on EoFF right? LoL...

I can tolerate those that have a drink sociably on the side but that is not what is up to debate here at the moment. I'm saying that coming in sober is better than coming in smashed/totaled/wasted/drunk/ect ;]

I will add you. I cant have fun without one of the most important EoFF'ers. I gotta get as many EoFF members on-baord after all. :]

Since I think Kotaku mentioned your in the UK that makes it easy to figure, I have met many people from the UK over the course of my time gaming on the Xbox and Xbox 360 over Live.

I'd ditch the silly half hour only rule. Just keep it relaxed, man. You'll be doing it every week anyway, so there's no rush.

I'm up for this, although I work till 8PM on Sunday and live in China. Which may work in our favour, actually, since this'll be EST. I think that's 12 hours behind me.

Region: China. UMT +8:00.

You will be added soon :]

Is your name arthur reese? in France? dont think so... hmm I'll keep trying but China may not allow that. Grrr.

Oh? I haven't met anyone from China since 99' in a chatbox room on MSN... wow, that was what seemed like ages ago!

The half an hour mark will allow me to stat you guys out like looney bob, as I dont wish to forget about anyone entirely here. If this were the only place I am on I would just remember absolutely everything. I do have a sharp enough wit and memory to do that but I have been around and done alot of things online in the last 6 years. Thanks to Xbox Live mostly.

The Half Hour mark also helps me allow others to come and go as needed. I dont think it's so silly when I dont know how many EoFF'ers I'd be taking on and what their schedules are like but I'm rolling my D20 here and hoping to luck out on a critical hit that Sunday is a do nothing day like it is around my place.

I think you may have lost a large chunk of volunteers here.

Maybe, maybe not... we'll see. We'll see. ;]

My microphone doesn't work so I don't think I can join :(

Don't worry I can send you a spare set! Just Mognet me Shorty. :]

:o I also should add you to the friendly contact list. gonna do that now...

I would do this.

Skype, Region, and Timezone pretty please?

I never drink on Sundays as they are my fellowship nights. Depending on when this is I might drop in, but fellowship is at 8pm est on Google+.

Cool, I think this could work. I'm still waging in on the rest that will come, so that I can pick a good time based on the first 10 us and our schedules. I will try to have it outside/before of 8pm EST anyway.

I'd keep telling you but instead how about you look in the mirror and then say that like the greek god Adonis does mostly all day. Cause your hot!

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Nope. It's Arthur Rees. I registered in France, which explains that detail. xD

They'll come and go as they please anyway; putting a time limit on it just restricts conversation and sociability. You're making it an interview, instead of a meetup. Don't worry about getting as many people in as short a time as possible; people here aren't like that. Just take what you can and keep them until they want to leave. If you get full up, nobody's gonna get mad pissed and rage about it; they'll just come the next week.

Night Fury
05-06-2013, 09:38 PM
geishayiffin
UK
The true timezone. (GMT)

HasteInTime
05-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Nope. It's Arthur Rees. I registered in France, which explains that detail. xD

They'll come and go as they please anyway; putting a time limit on it just restricts conversation and sociability. You're making it an interview, instead of a meetup. Don't worry about getting as many people in as short a time as possible; people here aren't like that. Just take what you can and keep them until they want to leave. If you get full up, nobody's gonna get mad pissed and rage about it; they'll just come the next week.

Well the idea is to rotate on a 60 minute bases originality but then I thought about possible time constants and volume of member traffic that we might have, so I made it 30 minutes instead. I wanted to see how many of us would be able to volunteer for the meetup, if any. I'm sticking to my guns so to speak, as I don't know what is possible yet. Like I said though its an open door situation, anyone from the current group can opt to stay or leave at the 30 minutes depending on how many volunteers there are. At any given time during the call should you leave on purpose, another will be able to fill your place to allow interesting topical conversations to continue or change up.

I think my plan fits the best for now as it is a 'test-drive' for the 26th if all goes well I will up the ante in time allowed and arrange groups for different weeks there after. In order to allow for a more seemingly relaxed fit. Right now a Semi-relaxed fit will do.

Edit:

In case this doesn't seem clear enough. I will be placing in a group per 30 minutes from the start time till the endtime, if this goes well we will do 2 groups every Sunday with an hour for each group. Every Sunday following this will be planned ahead of time, to give members time to say whether or not they can make it.

Faris
05-07-2013, 02:28 AM
Sounds interesting but Sunday I work so no promises.

Lol, I'll stick to the inappropriateness of our Faris:I-Need-Penis, Mario Lopez group.

lol as if there isn't already a cool skype cru group where we objectify faris all day

:colbert: *quits Skype*

Iceglow
05-07-2013, 03:27 AM

Oh you know you love it. Now suck it up cupcake :aimkiss:

Jinx
05-07-2013, 03:49 AM
geishayiffin
UK
The true timezone. (GMT)

Your username still cracks me the fuck up. xD

Faris
05-07-2013, 04:00 AM

Oh you know you love it. Now suck it up cupcake :aimkiss:

Sometimes it goes too far :doublecolbert:

HasteInTime
05-07-2013, 04:43 AM
There must be some kinda in-joke going on, but I'm not apart of knowing it. hehehe :riiight:

Of course I am new here... :-/

Faris if it makes you feel any better, I dont 'objectify' anyone. Not specifically at least, due to the fact that I rarely judge people.

If you want to, your more than welcome to join the meetup. As anyone is, the more the merrier! :]

Edit:

I have updated the initial post to contain a list of those attending and wanting to attend.

HasteInTime
05-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Bump! Campfire Skype is coming up, this is a reminder and also a way to allow others to sign up I still got room for more! :D

Gzussaves
05-24-2013, 07:11 AM
i would love to but unfortunately i do not have a cam :( maybe one day i will get on that

HasteInTime
05-26-2013, 09:46 AM
i would love to but unfortunately i do not have a cam :( maybe one day i will get on that

I will add you on the list, a cam is just a way to break the ice as it's nice to know the face behind the voice. As for the Alcohol issues risen I will be making a formal apology and poll in another thread. As it seems I am being avoided, or at least I feel like that I was, just cause I'm being semi-casual.

Also as this is the day today for Campfire Skype starting at 3pm EST, 9PM UK, and 2PM China the call will go out to those that are online. Since there are not enough members for 2 groups, this will be setup still like an interview at first but then it will melt more into a conversation of the group's own volition. The time cap restriction has been lifted for this session. Should more partake it will be limited to an hour, as we all do have lively hoods.

*Edit: Important!

Campfire Skype is now at a close, the event has failed to captivate more interest due to technical difficulties as I am new at EoFF and trying my best with EoFF users. The Goal was set to be Semi-Casual but it seems members on EoFF settle nothing less then just casual. (in likely a very broad way from what I gather, no offense is meant)

Should you wish I will accommodate for a casual w/no-strings meet at a later date. Just let me know in this thread or whatever if you'd like to see another meetup date and time. Thank you to all those who have participated and to those whom are/were interested.

to those that did wish to partake and still want to chat with me, feel free to Skype me anytime because "I'm Listening- this has been Tom (Frasier)..." your friendly neighborhood Skypist.

Shiny
05-27-2013, 05:49 AM
Ah I was no where near a computer at 3pm. Didn't get home till 5pm. Oh wells.

HasteInTime
05-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Ah I was no where near a computer at 3pm. Didn't get home till 5pm. Oh wells.

If you would like to, you may add me as a Skype contact: hasteintime & My Skype Number for the US & Canada areas 1@248@707@1409 - I'm up and rolling in the morning. I'm available 10am-10pm EST during the weekend from Saturday to Tuesday. While Wed-Friday I am gaming one my X360. My Gamertag is Haste in Time, so I am likely unable to reply those days unless you add me on Live, as I only have one monitor-screen that the PC and both my PS3 & 360 share HDMI splitter wise.

I'll will hope to at least see you on Skype and thank you for partaking in the event's interest, my heartfelt apologies do go out to everyone who did not get to partake or unfortunately missed out. Also, one other thing- as I did say before that this event depended on the number of attendees in order to continue as an event. That number of 10 was barley reached/met and I have no idea where Shiny's post went in this thread. (likely deleted? I just dont know...)

Anyway like I said, feel free to contact me anytime and in anyway you need to...I will be here. Campfire Skype will be redesigned & renamed as a casual meet by the EoFF standards with no time cap w/a standard start time and made into another thread but only if requested.

Loony BoB
05-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Shiny & Shoeberto have had their usernames switched as part of a practical joke by an admin (not me!).

Shiny
05-27-2013, 11:00 AM
What are you talking about Daniel? I am Shoeberto. I told you I got a sex change. Stop being so insensitive. :(