PDA

View Full Version : Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan

Lonely Paper Star
05-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Anyone else into this manga/anime? Because I am. I'm a little obsessed, in fact.

XMXgHfHxKVM
The opening sequence, which has become a bit meme-able.

The manga right now is about 44 chapters long and still ongoing. The anime only recently started with five episodes out. It's apparently going to be 25 episodes long.

Anyway, I highly recommend it! And then come to me so that I have another person to flail about it with.

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2013, 05:07 PM
What's it about? :)

Lonely Paper Star
05-06-2013, 05:25 PM
:D

So for a long time, humankind has been invaded by these mysterious giants called titans that eat humans for seemingly no reason other than just to do it. So the number of people dwindled, and could only protect themselves by confining within a three-walled civilization. These walls were pretty strong and very very high, so the titans wouldn't be able to come in.

Subsequently, venturing into the "outside world" created fear in the humans, even those in the military in the Scouting Legion/Recon Corps--who are in charge of going outside the walls and fighting the titans there. The Scouting Legion gets to fight with special gear that allows them to swing around like Spiderman with wire and grapple hooks, and propel themselves with this battery-powered gas contraption. They kill the titans with these special swords and have to hit a certain part at the nape of their necks.

The story starts when this colossal titan, bigger than humankind has ever seen, breaches the outermost wall, sparking an invasion. Eren and his two childhood friends, Mikasa and Armin, the main characters, are kids when the invasion happens and eventually become soldiers.

... So I think I went overboard with that explanation. ._.

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Holy shit, Shadow of the Colossus! :D

I'll be sure to give it a looksie when I find the time.

Shauna
05-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Possibly the only animu I didn't check out this season. xD I have been rec'd it before, once this season is up I'll be watching it all.

blackmage_nuke
05-06-2013, 11:40 PM
I like the manga but every time it looks like were going to get some answers it just throws more questions at us.

The Anime is beautifully done (Except for a part of ep 4 which was really wierdly drawn) but i wish theyd show more disembodied limbs like in the manga.

My explanation:
Its a zombie apocolypse except the zombies can be up to 15 meters tall except for that one thats 60 meters tall