PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 4 Announced

Formalhaut
05-06-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/05/xbjl4pptcuaagpcv.jpg.pagespeed.ic.iGut7LldIZ.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/06/the-sims-4-announced-for-2014-on-pc-mac/)

It's been announced! Fans of those little sim people will be glad to know that the Sims 4 has been announced for 2014. Naturally, people who hate DLC (everyone) aren't quite as happy.

I do like the Sims though, despite it's flaws. What do you people think? Excited? Even just a tiny bit? Click the banner image for the actual source.

Maxis announced The Sims 4 this morning, coming to PC and Mac in 2014. More details are due later today, EA said.

"The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world," reads EA's announcement. "Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world's most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide."

Psychotic
05-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Well I guess that means I had better get on with EoFF The Sims 3.

Loony BoB
05-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, there goes a good month of my life next year. D=

Seriously, dude. This would be awesome.

Pike
05-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Maxis needs to make more crazy SimCity spinoff games like SimLife and SimAnt.

Freya
05-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Sims 4? What else can they do o.o

Loony BoB
05-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Sims 4? What else can they do o.o
Make it always online, make you spend a lot of money, allow for a few more people, allow others to join your game, achievements, product placement, etc.

Madame Adequate
05-08-2013, 03:08 AM
That's what I thought too but if early news is to be believed, this is an offline single-player game.

I'll believe it when I see it but maybe lessons were learnt?

Anyway I've always liked The Sims but I'm really not interested in spending more money on the series at this point, given that each iteration makes a couple of great changes (e.g. moodlets with 3) and then you've got to buy 417 expacs to get all the content the previous game had ended up with by the end of ITS 417 expacs.

Rostum
05-08-2013, 03:45 AM
I managed to get The Sims 3 and all expansions (at the time) off Steam relatively cheap during a sale, but still more and more expansions come out and cost a fortune so I just gave up. I never end up playing the game for too long anyways. :\

But I'd be interested to see what this new one is like, and hopefully they can introduce much better pricing schemes for extra content.

Laddy
05-08-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm excitedly dreading this.

KH-Cloudy
05-08-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't think I'll be giving EA any more of my money. I'll acquire it through other means. Especially since they have a bunch of expacks which makes me even more inclined to not spend money on their products.

Yes please.

Formalhaut
05-09-2013, 02:08 AM
I do agree with all of the expansion pack hate. I bought a couple (World Adventures, Ambitions, Seasons) but then I thought to myself, screw this and obtained the rest through... other means. :shifty:

The stuff packs are the worst though. High End Loft Stuff (the very first one) is like £9, and all you get is a couple of items, maybe a new bed, some clothes, and that's your lot. I obtained them through other means too. I just gave up spending money.

Fynn
05-09-2013, 06:44 PM
I am excited. And yes, it is officially confirmed that the game will be offline-single player, with entirely optional features.

Formalhaut
05-09-2013, 07:02 PM
One thing I do hope is that they add some of the expansions into the base game. I don't want to be buying the Sims 4: Pets, or the Sims 4: Seasons or Sims 4: University Life.

At the very least, give me those three 'basics' in the base game. Comeon, seasons and pets?! Their standard. I don't want to be paying £20 or so quid just so I can get goddamn snow in my game!

Loony BoB
05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah, not too keen on spending money on a game that basically is the same as Sims 3 with better graphics. If they release it without any notable additional features above and beyond what Sims 3 has to offer (or worse: significantly less features) then I might find a way to obtain it without spending money just to spite them.

Fynn
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM
That's a very naïve assumption. Of course they won't add any of the stuff from expacks from the getgo. They need to milk it. I just hope pets and seasons come sooner. They will make it different in gameplay, though, you can count on that. TS2 added aging and wishes/fears, tS3 added moodlets, more developed personalities and an open world. From what I gather, personalities, emotions and interactions are going to be the focus this time. From that I assume the changes won't be as significant as those in 3, but still welcome.

Skyblade
05-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Now we get to manage the life and rooms of a single sim, and connect online to have a whole house and family. Yay!

Honstely, I've never really liked the whole "life management" aspect of the games. I always just used them as architectural simulators to build and decorate houses.

Rostum
05-11-2013, 06:46 AM
I agree with Skyblade, I always liked building and decorating rather than managing the sims themselves.

Fynn
05-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Luckily, build and buy mode are also getting an overhaul, as usual.

Formalhaut
05-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Luckily, build and buy mode are also getting an overhaul, as usual.

I'd like to make it easier to build interesting designs - often some of the most fancy ones require cheats to sort out kinks and make very cool things possible.

I hope the music is still as good as ever. I really enjoyed the Sims 3 soundtrack.

Fynn
05-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah. It's still not as good as 1's, but still a lot better than 2's. I hated that soundtrack.

Formalhaut
05-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't think I played 1. Compared to the graphics and look of 2 and 3, 1 looks positively archaic.