PDA

View Full Version : EA Awarded Exclusive Rights to Star Wars Games

Ouch!
05-06-2013, 10:26 PM
DICE and Visceral will develop new games in the Star Wars universe while Bioware continues its work. (http://ea.newshq.businesswire.com/press-release/company-news/walt-disney-company-and-ea-announce-multi-year-star-wars-games-agreement)

Slothy
05-07-2013, 12:22 AM
I'd say that sucks, but I haven't played a good Star Wars game since the PS2 was the king. I guess I'll continue not buying them though.

Bolivar
05-07-2013, 12:45 AM
I can't say it doesn't make sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one who figured they should just give the Battlefront series to DICE. It'll give them something to do other than the main series, which apparently they need right now.

Visceral already makes cinematic space games, so I'm not sure if it's redundant in this case. But they made a couple great licensed games which I'm a big fan of, so I won't count them out.

I'm not a Bioware fan, at least not modern Bioware, but a lot of people like their games, especially Mass Effect and KotoR so I think this overall will leave most people satisfied.

Aulayna
05-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I'd care if I wasn't bored to death of Star Wars everything already.

Pike
05-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Thinking about it now it's occurred to me how few Star Wars games I've played. Episode 1 Racer was great, KotOR was pretty good and Jedi Knight 2 had some insanely fun multiplayer. ...I think those might be the only ones.

NorthernChaosGod
05-09-2013, 11:35 PM
I still want my Republic Commando sequel. >:[

Quindiana Jones
05-10-2013, 03:54 AM
Indeed. Would absolutely kill for Republic Commando 2, and Battlefront 3. These are the only Star Wars games that need to made.

tony12
05-11-2013, 04:51 PM
With how bombarded we are about to get with everything Star Wars (a new movie every single year plus a new television show being created) people are going to get plenty of Star Wars already to fill their appetites for that universe.

It's funny a lot of people on Star Wars message boards who played the games or read the expanded universe books are really upset about how 'c' canon is getting steamrolled by the recent television show (The Clone Wars) and more than likely the upcoming movies as well (as disney has already stated they are not going to adopt 'c' canon stuff when creating their stories.