PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Final Fantasy towns

zone
05-06-2013, 11:33 PM
I've been a big fantasy fantasy fan since my first play though of Square's number VII instalment of Final Fantasy when I was younger, and during that time I've seen many magnificent towns and cities in the series. When playing through the games, those were the safe havens to the vicious beasts on the outside world, and I believe many FF fans will share the same thoughts.

Anyway here's the top 10 Final Fantasy Towns that I believe to be the best in the series. Most of these areas are memorable and hold a lot of nostalgia. Join me as I countdown my top 10 final fantasy towns thus far. This tribute should bring back some memories. Hope you enjoy.

What's your favourite favourite and memorable ff town? Let me know.

tJM3Z0D2P5Y

DanielCLFFF13
05-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Bodhum, Palumpolum, and Nautilus in Cocoon Final Fantasy 13
Oerba, New Bohum on Pulse Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy 13-2
Valhalla place unknow.

Flying Mullet
05-07-2013, 01:54 AM
For whatever reason, Narshe holds a warm fuzzy in my heart. I could live there.

Shorty
05-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Moved to General FF :)

Forsaken Lover
05-07-2013, 02:05 AM
I totally didn't finish playing FFVI but that town that was actually full of monsters or whatever was amazing. The music, the atmosphere, it almost made up for how friggin' annoying it was.

Loony BoB
05-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Going not by towns I felt were awesome in the games but more by towns that I would like to live in or go on a holiday to (so, out the door goes Midgar :p). Anyway, this is how it would go for me...

1. Esthar City - A seriously futuristic city, a land of technology but done in a way that bleeds style rather than rusting metal. I really, really love this place.

2. Shumi Village - I just love everything about this place. I love the Shumi culture, the Moomba integration, the architecture, the art, the peaceful nature of the place, the general beauty of it all. I wish the Shumi and Moomba would resurface in a future game, I love them so much.

3. Balamb Town - The top three all from FFVIII? I never noticed until now, but man, they just created really fantastic towns in that game. A small fishing town on a small island... the music, the weather, the architecture and the seagulls just make you feel like you're right there.

4. Limsa Lominsa - Ul'dah may be my true home in XIV but if I were to live in any of the places, it would be here. I bet their seafood is amazing! Gorgeous city all told... shame about how awkward it is to move around it. Hopefully the new Limsa in A Realm Reborn will be a little better on that end!

5. Kilika - Gooooooorgeous little town and to see it change so dramatically is a significant thing for me. I really feel they captured the oceanic village look perfectly.

6. Costa del Sol - Obvious reasons. :D Sand, sun, ice cream, girls in bikinis. Huzzah!

7. Deling City - The most realistic city ever created if you want to compare it to present day Earth, and that might seem like a bad thing in a fantasy game but it works fantastically and gives off a brilliant feel of a modern city, with fantastic public transport, vibrant nightlife, interesting landmarks, etc.

8. Rabanastre - I don't normally like desert towns, but this place had a real atmosphere to it. The hustle bustle of a thriving city despite the war, and of course everyone's favourite clan is hosted there. The place was quite large, and you could talk to all sorts of people of various races and everyone had a personality to them. I loved it.

9. Bodhum - I didn't like many of the towns we see in FFXIII, however Bodhum was a little beauty. Well... what little we saw of it in various cutscenes, anyway!

10. Cleyra - Kids and their treehuts ain't got nothin' on this place. Shame I'm scared of unstable heights, I'd always be worrying that I'd blow off the thing on a windy day.

Really tried hard to find a town that stood out that I'd love to go to in the earlier games but I just don't think the older games can compete with the newer ones in this way. All the ones that stood out most in those eras were dark, steampunk, cold etc. while the more pleasant towns generally looked very similar to each other and lacked that notable thing to make them stand out.

NeoCracker
05-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I would totally rock in a non-destroyed Bermucia.

Yerushalmi
05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Mirage from FFV. The music just makes everything so creepy.

TrollHunter
05-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Bhujerba from ff12

Probably spelled it wrong but whatever.
Absolutely love that place.

maybee
05-09-2013, 08:04 AM

This ^

FF V was such a happy, cheerful, happy-go- lucky game and then BANG you bump into things like Mirage and Exdeath's castle.

Which makes the creepy moments and towns even more creepy imo.

Yerushalmi
05-09-2013, 08:09 AM

This ^

FF V was such a happy, cheerful, happy-go- lucky game and then BANG you bump into things like Mirage and Exdeath's castle.

Which makes the creepy moments and towns even more creepy imo.

It's the music that really sells it. The creepy music reserved for ancient artifacts buried beneath the ground for millenia... and suddenly you're hearing it in a town shop. And people are asking you, "Are we back in the real world?" It gives me shivers every single time.

black orb
05-09-2013, 09:27 AM
>>> Luca from FF10, Midgar from FF7 looks fun too..:luca:

Yerushalmi
05-10-2013, 12:12 PM
OH MY GOD.

So last night I finally entered the Cleft of Dimension and reached the time-frozen version of Mirage.

INFINITELY MORE CREEPY.

maybee
05-10-2013, 02:26 PM
OH MY GOD.

So last night I finally entered the Cleft of Dimension and reached the time-frozen version of Mirage.

INFINITELY MORE CREEPY.

^ Oh ! That's what I thought that you were talking about the first time round ! But yes. Very Creepy.

Sephiroth
05-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Wutai, Costa del Sol, Winhill, Cleyra, Zanarkand, Besaid, Jidoor, Phantom Village, Bur Omisace, New Bodhum.

Depression Moon
05-10-2013, 07:10 PM
1. Lindblum

2. Treno

3. Alexandria

4. Archades: This city seems cool and it looks like there's more goin on there than Rabanastre.

5. Esthar: Futuristic tech. There has to be some pretty cool gadgets that makes life easy there.

6. Fisherman's Horizon: Looks very peaceful and apparently they are not involved in conflicts that often.

7. The Feymarch: Living among the summon race would be interesting

8. Euryt Village: So many bunnies for me.

9 and 10 can't think of anything.

Setzer the Gambler
05-11-2013, 12:42 AM
1- Castle Figaro (6)
2- Lindblum (9)
3- Zanarkand (10)
4- Hometown (5)
5- Summoner Village (4)
6- Eryut (12)
7- Zozo (6)
8- Fisherman Horizon (8)
9- Galbadia (8)