PDA

View Full Version : Food as a Weapon?

Formalhaut
05-07-2013, 03:08 AM
Chilli Foils Robbery At Sydney Takeaway (http://news.sky.com/story/1087451/chilli-foils-robbery-at-sydney-takeaway)

So apparently, there's a robbery at a Sydney takeaway place, and a quick thinking employee throws chilli all over the the robbers face. Sounds fun no?

Have you ever used food to attack someone in self defence? If not, what would you use if (hypothetically) someone came at you with a knife or whatever?

Me? Hard to say really. I imagine if they were vegetarian then fending them off with a giant slab of meat would be a great deterrent.

The funniest story though is of the potato. The U.S.S O'Bannon blasted a Japanese submarine with it's five-inch gun, which was enough to cause the sub to be unable to submerge, but was still, strangely enough, able to float. The O'Bannon pulled alongside as armed Japanese sailors came up from the inside ready to shoot. The O'Bannon couldn't depress the gun at such short range, and for some reason, the Americans had no arms with them. The Americans hurled potatoes at the Japanese instead, causing one to fall overboard. The remaining thought they were grenades and hurriedly went back inside the sub for safety, where the O'Bannon could then get enough distance back to sink it.

And that, is how potatoes won the battle. The end.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QrEiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OrMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2316,2745025&dq=uss+o-bannon+potato&hl=en

Jinx
05-07-2013, 03:50 AM
The closest thing I can do to this is put onions in my dad's food, and wait till he's eating it, THEN tell him.

Watching him gag is fantastic.

Iceglow
05-07-2013, 03:53 AM
Chilli is probably the most effective weapon from food, I got crushed chilli dust in my eyes once when I worked in Pizza Hut, it's akin to having been pepper sprayed. Or so I'm led to believe, either way it hurts like a mother fucker.

Flying Mullet
05-07-2013, 04:00 AM
I forgot this thread was about food weapons. I got lost reading a newspaper from 1972.

Jinx
05-07-2013, 04:02 AM
Except it's spelled chili, not chilli.

Iceglow
05-07-2013, 04:03 AM
well excuse me for being tired as hell it's only 4am uk time.

HasteInTime
05-07-2013, 05:40 AM
'Merica F'***Yeah! ROFL (just kidding)

Seriously though, food as a weapon? hmm. I'd go for the Watermelon, its heavy enough if its a Georgian Striper. Attach to rope or twine and swing it around like a mace or catapult it into the air on unsuspecting targets. XD

Then there is Bill Murry's 'concrete' pancakes or was it waffle mix as pancakes? I forget.

Anyway, it was a scene from one of the newer Charlie's Angels films. Bosley aka Bill Murry made "pancakes" that turned out to be literally hard as a rock; lethal frisbees of doom. It makes me laugh whenever I see that scene. Should I find it I will put it up as a clip.

For now this plate of regular unsuspecting looking Pancakes will do:

Lastly there is the ever popular "Hot' Coffee/drink as a weapon. TV shows and Films have used this type of 'gag' alot. Go for the crouch!
(Ooo-, self defense can smart!)

Calliope
05-07-2013, 05:45 AM
Don't forget the Biotic Baking Brigade!

Biotic Baking Brigade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotic_Baking_Brigade)

Battle of the Century - Laurel & Hardy (Flip i Flap) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDgnqfepRfI)

Pike
05-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Once my uncle fed our cat hot mustard

I didn't know the expression "bounce off the walls" could be literal

Unbreakable Will
05-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I recently bought a hot sauce called 'Satan's Ghost' it's made with habanero's and ghost peppers among other things, that shit is so hot that it felt like someone had placed a burning coal on my tongue. If I were to mix it with another watery hot sauce (to avoid dilution) and put it in a super soaker I'm pretty sure I could rule the world.

:colbert:

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Boiling oil people. Boiling oil. Or boiling stocks.